2nd Phase of OTA's start today

Discussion in 'New York Jets' started by Brook!, May 23, 2022.

1. FJF

FJF 2018 MVP Joe Namath Award Winner

Brook! and Acad23 like this.
  2. Acad23

Acad23 Well-Known Member

Insert obligatory Meatloaf video here:

FJF and HomeoftheJets like this.
  3. Stevied

Stevied Well-Known Member

Ha! No worries. Ya add what the reporters are saying/hinting at with their writing + the fact that Salah praises guys who change their bodies (zw and mims) + Becton past weight history (400lbs + missing games due to weight caused issues rookie year) and I’d say I’m right to wonder about his weight. I actually don’t see how someone would have a different read.

And when you add that that’s before you take account of him playing I think the equivalent of 10 games or so once you factor in injuries and missed plays + him getting beat up in TC, it should def give y’all cause for concern. I know there’s a school of thought that him being a bigger LT, he’s not as great of a mover and thus might not be a match for this scheme.

All that said, there’s still time before camp, and I’d like to think he can correct these things. However, we need to hedge our bets

Losmeister likes this.
  4. Lon Chaney

Lon Chaney Well-Known Member

5. KY Jets Fan

KY Jets Fan Moderator

I think it's still a little too early to tell IMO.

Early reports seem to indicate that he's more comfortable within the offense but even when they went 11 on 11, the OL and DL would basically just stand up, put hands on each other, and that would be it. He should look comfortable in the offense knowing no one is going to hit him.

I think we'll have a better feel for everything once we get to TC.