2nd Phase of OTA's start today

Discussion in 'New York Jets' started by Brook!, May 23, 2022.

1. K'OB

K'OB 2021 TGG Fantasy Football Champ

Draft one is a write off and he gets a Scott free card because of Gase, everybody in that draft was drafted for Gase and his weird systems, Becton and Mims both performed in it, one better than the other obviously, both of these players have struggled under the new CS system.

I am not even using that stick to beat JD with, I see the stick in the bag labelled ZW, I am sure that is the stick of choice if it doesn't work out.

2020 draft was poor, even if Becton and Mims stick
    2021 and 2022 look a lot better but the picks have to deliver by 23/24 for me, it will be a shame as he has certainly brought a new feel about the Jets, I call it professionalism, fingers crossed for him and ultimately us all.

2. Borat

Borat Well-Known Member

I really liked this - it's just a brutally honest take. I prefer that a lot more to homer rose colored glasses analysis. He must have prefaced it 10 times saying it is too early, no need to panic, etc... But we can't on one hand say that we are encouraged by some people, like Sauce, Pinnock, Conklin, etc, looking good and completely dismiss the fact that Zach is still struggling in OTAs. Connor is saying both, prefacing that it is too early. Fair take. I personally would have liked and expected Zach to do better by this time. There is still a lot of time to turn this around, and he needs to do that. However, we can't say at this time that Zach is on track to have a breakout season. Hopefully we will be able to make that statement soon, but right now, we just gotta keep faith, because while it is not looking great so far, it is way too early.

3. HomeoftheJets

HomeoftheJets Well-Known Member

Every year for the last decade, Jets fans have gone "All the drafts before last year's draft sucked, but last year's and this year's look good."

4. K'OB

Believe what you want, for once we 'look' like we have a guy that knows what he is doing but some Jets fans would rather wallow in their own fucking misery of the past than look forward.

If you can't see the guy oozes professionalism then nobody can help you out of your black hole.

Of course, it is no guarantee of success but it is a million miles away from the last decade of drifting without a clear plan of action.

There is a ride to be had good or bad, so get on it and see where it ends up, you never know you might enjoy it.

5. Losmeister

Losmeister Well-Known Member

not that you alll GAF, or should.

be ima try to experiment and not read the practice reports and all this offseason hype bs.

surely i'll be posting way less. but... i figure i outta put my money where my mouth is since i think the
    offseason coverage is like just hype media nfl promo shit.

not sure where i'll stand on the PS games. maybe just hilite reels?
    dont read the threads?

we'll see if i can break this nonsense addiction.

6. Acad23

Acad23 Well-Known Member

Bugs me that Zach reportedly is having accuracy issues and still holding on to the ball too long.
    Good luck in your mission.

We'll try and get along w/o you... :cool:

7. CotcheryFan

CotcheryFan 2018 ROTY Poster Award Winner

Especially since this was supposed to be a strength for him. As someone who wanted Lance, I hope I'm not proven right.

8. HomeoftheJets

HomeoftheJets Well-Known Member

Well I don't see it with him or this team, and it isn't about the misery of the past. Take the Mets for instance. They've looked good early in the season only to choke in the second half many times. But I think this time is different because Steve Cohen is a good owner, they have good people in charge, and they've put together one of the best rosters in baseball. If I see the Jets putting together something like that, I'll be the first to celebrate. But this isn't it.

BrowningNagle likes this.
  9. K'OB

Like i said if you can't see that one thing then nobody can help you, his roster may well be shit but he still oozes professionalism in the way he put it together, his drafting and most of all his trading, I mean you really can't see it in his trade deals? Lift off the eye shields, you can still not like him and admit he is good at a couple of facets of being a GM :rolleyes:

#309 K'OB, Jun 12, 2022
    Last edited: Jun 12, 2022
    ColoradoContrails and Noam like this.
  10. Jets69

Jets69 Well-Known Member

Don't worry about Wilson holding the ball to long, the fan base will revert back to blaming the OL for not giving him 10sec to get the ball out of his hands.

This year will tell us a lot about Wilson going forward.

11. cval

cval Well-Known Member

Are we really critiquing the QB on OTA's ? You have no idea what he or the coaches are working on.

This is just silly can we at least wait until camp to critique every throw. I really wonder about peoples intelligent level when we are critiquing players on OTAs.

12. BroadwayAaron

BroadwayAaron Well-Known Member

The season hasn’t started.

cval and ColoradoContrails like this.
  13. BrowningNagle

BrowningNagle Well-Known Member

Have you met the man? How do you figure he "oozes professionalism" if you've never interacted with him? Also, how exactly does one ooze professionalism anyway?

Personally I think Joe Douglas' tenure has been quite chaotic. 2 HCs, 3 DCs, several starting QBs, multiple star players he had to trade away in just 3 seasons. But maybe I view professionalism differently - I view it as consistency

#313 BrowningNagle, Jun 14, 2022
    Last edited: Jun 14, 2022
    Ralebird likes this.
  14. BroadwayAaron

Minicamp today.

#314 BroadwayAaron, Jun 14, 2022
    Last edited: Jun 14, 2022
    KY Jets Fan and Noam like this.
  15. BroadwayAaron

16. KingRoach

KingRoach Well-Known Member

Is this an ironic example of the perils of using stats without context?

Are you making a subtle comment on the stupidity and laziness of the common man by pretending to be stupid and lazy to make a point?

Well played sir, we’ll played indeed.

*Ignorance is the lack of information. Stupid is the inability to process information.

17. BroadwayAaron

He says things like that then gets all bent out of shape when you wonder if he’s trolling. Boy why would anyone ever think that…

bicketybam, KingRoach and Noam like this.
  18. BrowningNagle

BrowningNagle Well-Known Member

So do you disagree that it’s been a chaotic few years for the Jets or not?

19. BroadwayAaron

You love to play this game... remove any and all context and make someone give a blanket answer to an illogical question.

Douglas hired 1 of those HCs
    Douglas hired 1 of those DCs
    Douglas traded 1 star player and it's one of the most lopsided trade in recent history
    Douglas drafted 1 of those QBs... the other he traded for a 2nd round pick and now that team is already looking to replace him

Context... try it.

20. cval

cval Well-Known Member

I must have missed how good the Jets were prior to JD's arrival

ColoradoContrails, apjbfc and Noam like this.