2024 - Week 3: New York Jets vs New England Patriots (TNF)

Discussion in 'New York Jets' started by Brook!, Sep 15, 2024.

?

Who will win?

Poll closed Sep 19, 2024.
  1. Jets

87.0%
  2. Patriots

13.0%
  1. Ill Will

Ill Will Active Member

Reed is back
    Mosely questionable

Brook! likes this.
  2. KWJetsFan

KWJetsFan Well-Known Member

Should be the choice for every home game.

Jets79 and GREG like this.
  3. Jets79

Jets79 Well-Known Member

While on paper, I think we are the better team, and *should* win…I have a strong feeling that it will be much closer than it should be and we’ll struggle more than I think we should. I would not be shocked to see us win a close one or even lose…we always seem to play down to our competition.

And while I think our DBs should be able to handle their WRs, I think they will use the TEs like they’ve been and it’ll be tough to cover them, and I think they will just run it down our throats a lot like SF did.

I think it comes down to the offense putting up over 20 points, because I see a lot of those long drawn out sustained drives coming down our throat

Ugh…I can almost feel the frustration already…

SOJAZ and Brook! like this.
  4. Kronoking

Kronoking Well-Known Member

This.

Sweeping both games this year.

5. BrowningNagle

BrowningNagle Well-Known Member

No excuses this needs to be a comfortable win

NY Jets68, REVISion and dawinner127 like this.
  6. dawinner127

dawinner127 Well-Known Member

7. KWJetsFan

KWJetsFan Well-Known Member

Scary stat I saw this morning. The Pats have rushed for 170+ yards in each game. The Pats haven't allowed over 70 yards rushing in each game
    The way the Jets have been playing against the run, this could be one of those games where they dominate time of possession against an already tired team playing their 3rd game in 11 days
    The other thing I didn't like was Saleh telling the press yesterday that the coaching staff and the players are "exhausted".

JetFanInPA likes this.
  8. Brook!

Brook! Soft Admin...2018 Friendliest Member Award Winner

Your tailgates are always legendary. I missed J15 crowd my friend. Enjoy your tailgate and the game.

9. mrjet80

mrjet80 Well-Known Member

Apparently the Pats starting LT and LG are out and Andrews their C is also hurting. That may tilt advantage Jets tonight …

KWJetsFan, NY Jets68 and JetFanInPA like this.
  10. JetFanInPA

JetFanInPA Well-Known Member

He's under the microscope and lots of coaches say dumb stuff, yet he does say head-scratching things like this sometimes and just adds to the case against him. I want to like him and hope he uses all this time he's had as a coach to be even better, but I'm not optimstic about him unfortunately.

And your other good point about a good running team going up against our shoddy (albeit improved last week) run defense now down 2 key players coupled with our offense facing a defense that stops the run. In that sense, this isn't a great matchup but you hope you can play the run and make Jacoby and that terrible group of receivers beat our allegedly top CB room in the NFL. Somebody is going to need to step the hell up for their run defense.

I'd love to see Aaron Rodgers' Jets coming out party tonight and the defense get some momentum. We are due to not just win, but beat the hell out of this team (and many times over). And it should start tonight.

But for the reasons above along with the 3 games in like 11 days in 3 different time zones (which is a terrible job by the NFL schedulers), I would not be surprised if this is an ugly win or loss

KWJetsFan and Jets79 like this.
  11. GreenFan15J

GreenFan15J Well-Known Member

We will get you there this season buddy!

Gates open at 3:15PM got to giddy up

Brook! likes this.
  12. GreenFan15J

GreenFan15J Well-Known Member

Hey for those that listen on the radio (NY Metro Area) this game will be broadcast on 104.3 FM.

Brook! likes this.
  13. Jets OG fan

Jets OG fan Well-Known Member

This game will be another close one. Yes, the Patriots are not a good team this year, but they aren't as bad as most people suspected. They have a solid defense. I see this as another close one where Rodgers makes the difference and both defenses make a lot of plays. I can see this one being 17-12 or something to that effect.

Jets79 likes this.
  14. GQMartin

GQMartin Go 'Cuse

This will be a close game by virtue of the short week of preparation and division rivalry.

The Jets have struggled with run defense. If NE can control the ToP, it will eat up possessions. The Jets will have to hit pay dirt on decreased amounts of possessions.

Jets 17-14

Jets79 and Lon Chaney like this.
  15. NY Jets68

NY Jets68 Well-Known Member

There was a clip of a bunch of Jet players asking the fans to get loud tonight.
    I say get loud, but give the fans a reason to stay loud all game long.

After 50+ years of crap, I'm tired.
    Just win the f'n game.

Brook! likes this.
  16. REVISion

REVISion Well-Known Member

The Patriots have one real option on offense - to run the ball. We prefer to run but can pass as well. We really should win this handily for that reason alone.

The wildcard is if Bob "no adjustments" Saleh doesn't sell out to stop the Patriots' running game.

17. No Fly Zone

No Fly Zone Well-Known Member

I think / hope the Jets pull this out. I won't be watching as I'm seeing Sebastian Maniscalco tonight at MSG but I'll be checking scores if I can get cell service ! I was just thinking the last time I ever rooted for a Pats win against any team Steve Grogan was the QB, I was in college and my roommate lived in the next town over so we used to go to a lot of pats games because his friends were ushers and would let us in for free. I felt bad for for Grogan because aside from John Hannah blocking he became a human pinata for opposing defenses. I'd like to see that tonight !

btw.. for those that aren't as old... John Hannah "NEVER" gave up one sack in his entire career....

18. Jonathan_Vilma

Jonathan_Vilma Well-Known Member

Q needs to have a big game tonight. This whole game relies on Jets run D vs. Patriots run O.

Stop the run and you won’t let them control the ball thus keeping our offense out of rhythm and on the sidelines.

Jets79 likes this.
  19. LogeSection2RowJ

LogeSection2RowJ Well-Known Member

I wish I was in the lot right now. I think it's the first opening day tailgate I've missed since before many of you were born ; ) Last year i tailgated then went home. To my brothers: Drink responsibly. Sure, tie one on a bit, but stay within your head game-wise. My mission was always about the game first, with a healthy dose of partying to go along with it. Not the other way around.

Brook! likes this.
  20. SOJAZ

SOJAZ Well-Known Member

You stole my thunder... if they lose then our HC should be on the HOT SEAT esp. if they have many penalities, can ot execute and start SLOWWWWWWWWWWWWWW.