2024 NFL Free Agency News and Rumors

Discussion in 'New York Jets' started by Brook!, Mar 8, 2024.

1. BrowningNagle

BrowningNagle Well-Known Member

yeah obviously they were targeting the 25 year old very raw edge rusher the whole time

stinkyB and abyzmul like this.
  2. Jets79

Jets79 Well-Known Member

Yeah, but to be honest, no GM will ever say anything much different…just like you can’t believe anything reported leading up to the draft as no one will give away their intent (unless you are a true moron like Mac where he just came out and said he didn’t value OL in the early rounds), you also can’t really take seriously anything like this said afterwards either.

I’ve never seen a GM go “well, I REALLY wanted player X but we were out manuevered so I had to settle for my third choice in player Y”

We’ll never get the true scoop

3. Kronoking

Kronoking Well-Known Member

100% this.

Most of the hate on OBJ here seems to be coming out of a place that didn't actually watch much if any of his play last year. The under 100 touches OBJ we saw last year that could still draw defenses' attention at times and chip in with the occasional big play is pretty much the exact vet WR3-on-the-relative-cheap role the Jets are (or at least should be) in the market for. Since THAT is the job role they are ideally coming in to do. Not fill some purely fantasy # counting stat quota that isn't even bothering to take into account the surrounding context.

Nobody that actually watched Aaron Rodgers total 2022 body of work and play would reasonably dispute that he was no longer playing at the same high level he had in previous years past. Does that make him a "washed" asset value to us too?

4. NOVAJET

NOVAJET "2020 TGG Fantasy Football Champ"

According to Schefter on his podcast, he told Daniel Dopp that the Jets were one of the teams that called the Vikings before the draft about trading for Justin Jefferson. Would have been crazy lol.

5. Poeman

Poeman Well-Known Member

Don't think we would be able to make that happen but would have been awesome if it did