2024 NFL Draft - 1st Round Discussion

Discussion in 'Draft' started by Brook!, Apr 25, 2024.

1. Kronoking

Kronoking Well-Known Member

Yeah similar to the JJ Mccarthy pre-draft click hype I personally don't see anybody out there actually looking to jump us on Bowers.

I also said it in the other thread and I'll repeat it here. If Bowers makes it past both us and Indy I don't think it's crazy to speculate a possibility he falls out of the 1st round. Or at least requires a back end trade up to make the cut.

2. Borat

Borat Well-Known Member

Fautanu is 6-3.75. Not even 6-4. He is old and short, not my type :). MUCH rather have Olu, Alt, and even Latham. Probably Mims too over him, though I heard he was injured a lot. Agreed regarding 3d round. If OT is not in round 1, we will need to find a good back-up in free agency, not in 3d round.

3. Brook!

Brook! Soft Admin...2018 Friendliest Member Award Winner

Do you need me to ban you for 1 day so you don't break your laptop if we go OL? :) Kidding man. Majority of folks on this board wants an OL. So don't be stuck with a pass catcher. I am OK either way. If it is OL I will be happy but if it is a Pass Catcher I will be happy as well as long as it isn't Odunze. Feel like he will be mid not a super star. For me if not OL then Bowers or trade down.

4. BroadwayAaron

BroadwayAaron Well-Known Member

I luckily won’t be able to even watch the draft let alone be here. I’m looking forward to it actually. Like the good old days… be pissed all by my lonesome.

And the only way I’ll be pissed is if we go defense or if we trade up for OL.

Brook! likes this.
  5. Brook!

Okay. Watch the news next day in that case. I am literally walking distance to Jets facility. If we go defense again, tomorrow morning I will prepare banners and wait in front of the Jets gate to say a few choice words to Joe D.

BroadwayAaron likes this.
  6. BroadwayAaron

Russini says Niners are willing to trade Deebo or Aiyuk to get into the top 10. Very interesting…

I would assume this means they are trying to draft one of the top three Receivers. They can replace super talented receivers that are going to be expensive with a super talented receiver that is cost controlled for the next four years. It’s obviously super intriguing to pair either of those guys with Aaron Rodgers and Garrett Wilson but we’d have quite a headache on our hands financially next season. Sounds crazy but I would rather stick at 10 and take one of the receivers if they are there.

Imagesrdecieving and Aero like this.
  7. ColoradoContrails

ColoradoContrails Well-Known Member

I never said that a TE taken at #10 wasn't a stud, and answered to that when you asked.

The issue is what do you value higher at #10, a TE or an OT? I think it's clear what each of us think.

8. Brook!

Give me Deebo in that case. We are in a 2 year window any way. But ask SF to give their 2nd rounder either this year or next year in that.

9. BroadwayAaron

I think it’s all going to depend on who they want. I could see Atlanta making that move at 8 so the Niners can take Odunze. I don’t think he’s on the board past 9 so we’re probably assed out of the Niners scenario.

10. NCJetsfan

NCJetsfan Well-Known Member

I don't think there are any good FA OTs left. That would mean having to trade for a backup or trying to get by with a lesser OT, which will not help the Jets at all in 2025. If JD doesn't get a quality OT prospect in the 1st round of the draft, I don't care who he takes in the rest of the draft. I think all he'll be able to wind up doing is teasing the fanbase once again. They'll get to 9-2 or something like that, Smith will go down, and then Rodgers will go down in the 1st or 2nd game after that, and they'll wind up 9-8. Rodgers will retire, and then they'll have no QB and not starting-caliber OT on the roster. Woody will wait until February to fire Saleh and JD, and then due to the lateness, no decent GM or HC wannabe would touch the Jets. The new HC will totally switch schemes, G. Wilson, Sauce, Breece and JJ will refuse to sign an extension and will leave via FA in 2026, and the Jets will be back at the bottom of the NFL a laughingstock once again.

11. LAJet

LAJet Well-Known Member

Looks like the tenth pick will be very very valuable, and more and more teams are gunning for weapons in the offensive side of the ball. It will be very interesting to see which way we go if Bowers, and the top three WR are gone before ten. Or conversely if the top 2-3 OL are gone.

12. Brook!

13. NYJetsO12

NYJetsO12 Well-Known Member

My head is spinning with all this speculation !

All I can say we will land an offensive weapon at 10 meaning receiver or OT

That sure beats picking a DL

Since our OB is old and fragile I say trade up or stay put but get that young protection as your insurance policy

To me Bowers sounds nice but plenty of receivers in later rounds and without that healthy QB we are toast smh. ..forget winning now

ColoradoContrails likes this.
  14. Ralebird

Ralebird Well-Known Member

I posted this a day or two ago but it may have been lost in the volume of posts. Covers has a free contest for predicting the draft with about a dozen props bets - it's open until the draft starts. Of course, they also have pay as you go props. The free contest does not require any involved signup - just very basic contact info.

Covers Freeplay | Pick, Play and Win with Covers!

abyzmul and Acad23 like this.
  15. Acad23

Acad23 Well-Known Member

What are the odds of the Rams dealing for our #10 slot?

16. Ralebird

Wanting to deal is very high - actually pulling it off is another thing but they are in that sweet spot which I see as about #15 - #20.

Acad23 likes this.
  17. Brook!

Kind reminder.

If you chose to spoil ANY pick say hi to a 3 month vacation from TGG. No spoilers allowed until it is announced on TV.

NYJetsO12 and ColoradoContrails like this.
  18. IDFjet

IDFjet Well-Known Member

That would be pretty ideal for us if we can net their 2nd and one of their 3 rounders (preferably the first one). Who knows but they are probably wanting a T and after pick 7, without further trades, there is no need to go to 8 or 9 since most predictions project no T at these picks. The 10th pick seems like a realistic target for them.

Acad23 likes this.
  19. Borat

Borat Well-Known Member

Even these fuckers now are showing on TV the actual guys who will be selected in advance. I still remember seeing Broderick Jones' face plastered all over the TV before I broke it when they announced officially for Pitt.

20. Ralebird

Using the classic Jimmy Johnson chart the difference between the Jets' #10 and the Rams' #19 is a value of 425 points. That comes in between spots 47 and 48. The Rams' second rounder is actually #52 which is valued at 380 points, leaving a balance of 45 points which is the value of pick #127 near the bottom of the fourth round. You're not going to get a second and third, but it's all nickel and diming as you throw in other elements moving down the draft, even into next year.

[​IMG]