2024 NFL Draft - 1st Round Discussion

Discussion in 'Draft' started by Brook!, Apr 25, 2024.

1. Trainer

Trainer Well-Known Member

Two words: Mekhi Becton
    Joe Douglas has already used two first round picks plus a second rounder on OL. At some point they have to realize that strategy isn't working.

boozer32 and REVISion like this.
  2. boozer32

boozer32 Well-Known Member

I'm down with this scenario for sure.

3. boozer32

Well that would suck. Rodgers needs to realize her is an employee and not the GM or owner. Try and stick us with an average TE while he plays 1 year and moves on.

4. boozer32

The Jets need to pump up the offense. It's long overdue. I'm good with Nabers, Odunze, and the other LSU wide receiver Brian Thomas. Paired with Garrett Wilson they could wreak havoc.

5. Poeman

Poeman Well-Known Member

Dont think this is a spoiler.

From Diana Russini -

The Rams, who haven't picked in the first round since 2016, are calling to get into the top 10, per sources.

6. boozer32

Jets should let it go straight to voicemail

Borat likes this.
  7. Borat

Borat Well-Known Member

Didn't know about Fautanu's knee issue. That basically rules him out for me completely. I have no confidence in coach Carter either, but even if I did, I want to give him a younger taller OT prospect without knee concerns. Fuaga is slow on tape and there are very few good OTs who have arms like his or shorter. He was never known as a good pass protector even at RT.

Latham was indeed hurt on the last play in play offs and did not participate in combine for that reason. Check this out, very good discussion on OL from the guys who watched all 22 of every play this season. I do not know much about Dom C, but Joe B is co founder of JetsXFactor, and Ky Samuels is a former College OL player, who now watches the film. Basically all of them came to the conclusion that Olu, Alt, and Latham are top 3 OTs, though the order was different. Anyway, I think worth a listen.

8. Kronoking

Kronoking Well-Known Member

My worst fear is actually the trade down scenario, trying to get that 2nd rounder, that goes badly.

Like in Hypothetical Land i can be talked into a final outcome that sees us trade down, get that extra pick, and still get a great latter 1st round value flyer in Mims (one guy who I follow every year for this stuff is super high on him).

Bur in reality I think there is just too many teams out there that might make an aggressive play of their own on securing a 1st round OT to feel comfortable with that. Or with the idea that the trade down for guy you might like in Mims would still even be there.

I'll actually take 1st round tradeup for OT odds over QB tonight. If we trade down it's more likely imo to be with another team looking to move up to take an OT. That is just....messy lol

#48 Kronoking, Apr 25, 2024
    Last edited: Apr 25, 2024
  9. JetFanInNE

JetFanInNE Well-Known Member

10. Kronoking

Mina has 14 teams on her ESPN board of potential spots that could draft tackle lol

11. Trainer

Trainer Well-Known Member

JetFanInNE and REVISion like this.
  12. BroadwayAaron

BroadwayAaron Well-Known Member

Draft experts: Bowers is a top 10 pick
    Teams: trying to trade up to draft Bowers
    Jets fans: BOWERS IS A TE NO THANKS

REVISion likes this.
  13. SOJAZ

SOJAZ Well-Known Member

NOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOO passing him up!!!!!!!

#53 SOJAZ, Apr 25, 2024
    Last edited: Apr 25, 2024
    NCJetsfan likes this.
  14. BroadwayAaron

15. NCJetsfan

NCJetsfan Well-Known Member

I don't know where you get your information on Fuaga, but based on what I see and read, it's wrong. Fautanu is 6'4 and that actually helps with his leverage and mobility. Several of the taller OTs have trouble with waist bending when trying to block and they don't have good leverage. 6'4" is plenty tall for an OT imo. The only person who reported anything about Fautanu's knee was Albert Breer, and imo he's a hack and usually wrong. He didn't even specify which knee or what the issue is.

Thanks for the info on Latham getting hurt. One of Fashanu, Alt and Latham should be there at #10. IMO if the Jets have them as the top 3 OT prospects, then one of them should be the pick, or if they don't think there's that much of a difference or like Fuaga, Fautanu, Mims, or Guyton, I'd have no trouble with their trading back, getting either a 2nd round pick or a 3rd round pick that they could package with one of their 4th round picks to get a 2nd, taking one of those OTs, and then getting one of Corley and Leggette in the 2nd round. Even if they couldn't get a 2nd round pick, I'd rather have one of the 1st round OTs and a 3rd round WR, than vice versa. The Jets aren't going to be able to get an OT worth a tinker's damn in the 3rd round. They might as well go ahead and take an Edge or S at that point and then just forfeit the 2025 season.

SOJAZ likes this.
  16. BroadwayAaron

17. Kronoking

18. BroadwayAaron

I can’t see 4 OL being gone. 2 yes (Alt and Latham since apparently hes LAC’a guy) but Odunze will be gone by 10 unless someone is in love with an OT or they know they need to jump us for Bowers.

19. Brook!

Brook! Soft Admin...2018 Friendliest Member Award Winner

Don't worry. There will be a run on OL and one of Odunze or Bowers will be there at 10.

20. BroadwayAaron

I don’t think there’s going to be a run on OL unless there’s a trade up. As long as one of those two are there Im a happy man tonight.