2024 Jets Draft Picks

Discussion in 'New York Jets' started by Borat, Mar 9, 2024.

1. Borat

Borat Well-Known Member

boozer32, NCJetsfan, Jojo and 2 others like this.
  2. NYJalltheway

NYJalltheway Well-Known Member

Many won't agree, but if we don't have a good free agency, we need to trade down from 10 to get more picks. 10 to 72 is insane. The Packers got an upgrade at qb and 2nd round pick for free...

Sent from my genius mind.

Savatage, barfolomew, Jojo and 2 others like this.
  3. NCJetsfan

NCJetsfan Well-Known Member

Hopefully, either Jayden Daniels or JJ McCarthy is sitting there and several of the teams coveting a QB who pick after #10 will want to move up to get a QB, and the Jets will be able to trade down a few spots, adding at least a 2nd round pick if not additional picks, and still get the OT they want, and then be able to get either the WR they want in the 2nd round or an IOL (or another OT), and then get a good WR at #72. I'm not gonna hold my breath, but if the Jets could pick up a 2nd and additional 3rd round pick, that could really help them with addressing both the OL and WR positions, but knowing JD, he'd use those picks taking a DT, Edge or S. If he's able to add at least a 2nd round pick, then get two OL and a WR in the 1st 3 rounds, then that would enable him to take a QB in round 4, and either a S or DT, or even another OL. With 4 picks in the last 2 round he could either package them to get a 5th round pick, or take a couple of run-stuffing DTs or STs prospects, maybe take a flyer on another physical freak at a position (like Kuntz).

NYJalltheway and Borat like this.
  4. Lon Chaney

Lon Chaney Well-Known Member

The only way this is likely to happen is if the Raiders (13) or Broncos (12) try to jump the Vikings at 11. No other teams after that in the first round are really in the market for a QB.

I'm not sure moving down 2 or 3 spots will get them a second rounder.

boozer32 and NCJetsfan like this.
  5. Borat

Borat Well-Known Member

There is another way to move into 2nd round, which is to trade up from the 3d. Our 3d is high, and we have bunch of other assets. Or it could be a combination of trading back a few sports, maybe getting a 3d and then packaging that with something else to move into 2nd. I don't want to move too far back. And if Fashanu is there, I don't want to move back at all from #10.

NCJetsfan likes this.
  6. JetsNation06

JetsNation06 Well-Known Member

Trade down? With Joe Douglas? GTFO. I have ZERO faith in him to be able to deliver on more picks than less. I don't even want him in charge of the picks we have.

Take a stud at 10 and keep building the talent on the roster. There are no shortcuts for the Jets as currently constructed.

I could see Douglas trading down and then missing out on the guys he wanted and having no idea how to maneuver the board as he's already shown an uncanny talent for.

The Jets need impact players right away. Stay put at 10 and get a stud OL. It's not sexy or headline inducing but it is the right move.

7. BrowningNagle

BrowningNagle Well-Known Member

I think you gotta trade down. To pick 10th and then not pick again until pick 72 is just not smart. Move down from 10 to the 20s or 30s and fill in that gap before 72 with a couple more

Nyjets4eva likes this.
  8. NCJetsfan

I think it only will if the Raiders and Broncos compete to trade up, or maybe if JD lets the Vikings know, maybe the Vikings jump in and help drive the price up. If not, maybe the Jets can combine whatever they get in a trade down, with one of their 4th round picks or a pick from next year's draft to get a #2 this year.

ouchy and Lon Chaney like this.
  9. NCJetsfan

In typical Jets fashion, I don't think Fashanu will be there at #10, and I'm starting to think that Fuaga won't be, either.

Borat likes this.
  10. Borat

Borat Well-Known Member

We should be able to get Latham then, he seems like a solid prospect too and pretty young. I hear a lot of noise about Troy Fautanu. I do think he is a good prospect, but the guy is almost 3 years older than Latham, turning 24 this year. For me it is Alt, then Fashanu, and if not then maybe Latham or Fuaga.

11. ouchy

ouchy Well-Known Member

The vikings are running out of QB options fast so they will be a likely trade partner. But how much would we get for moving down 1 pick?

12. NCJetsfan

Good question. That will depend upon if the Raiders and Broncos both want to trade up. If it's just Minnesota, the Jets probably won't get very much, but if both the Raiders and Broncos want to move up ahead of the Vikings, it's gonna cost whomever wants to move up for that QB. If all 3 teams want to move up, I think that one of them will cough up the 2nd round pick. The Broncos don't have a 2nd round pick, so they'd have to give up their 3rd and one of their 5th round picks., or maybe their 4th round pick. The Vikings pick is # 42 and the Raiders #44. Another 3rd round pick would be better than nothing, but if Fashanu or Fuaga is there (depending upon who they signed in FA), unless they like Fautanu as well or better, I hope they stay put and take Fashanu or Fuaga.

ouchy likes this.
  13. NCJetsfan

I don't know about Latham. He's highly rated, but outside of Landon Dickerson, most Alabama OL haven't done well in the NFL, so I'm very cautious about wanting Latham. Supposedly Fautanu was the highest-rated OL during the season, but he gave up 2 sacks and 15-20 pressures (I think I read that), so I don't know about him, either.

14. Borat

Borat Well-Known Member

Updated:

[​IMG]

15. Kronoking

Kronoking Well-Known Member

I think we might end up in a pretty solid trade down spot for a team looking to jump Minny on a QB (DEN, LV, Pitt, or maybe even NO)

If we can get a 2nd added to the current mix I'll be ok on a latter 1st OT guy.

ColoradoContrails and NCJetsfan like this.
  16. abyzmul

abyzmul R.J. MacReady, 2018 Funniest Member Award Winner

No second round pick in this draft is like a missing tooth right in the front.

17. ColoradoContrails

ColoradoContrails Well-Known Member

Yeah, unless we can get Alt or Fashanu, my preference is a trade back to pick up a 2nd and then take the best T available with the 1st pick in the first (unless there's an absolute can't miss stud WR sitting there, in which case I'd want the 2nd round pick to be the best T available.

joelip likes this.
  18. Kronoking

Kronoking Well-Known Member

Yeah I'm strongly guessing a lot of WR heavy mocks are just operating on buzz interest fuel, and Fash isn't making it to 10. I don't think Alt makes it past 5. So totally agree.

Well, outside drafting a WR. I'd rather have Bowers if forced down that road. Especially looking a past a bubble logic surrounding WR need that never factors in who the current OC is, what his offenses have looked like the past 2 years, and just how eerily similar our 2024 setup could end up looking to that 2022 run in Denver.

There will still be games played after Hackett gets pushed out of the building, and Bowers is going to be the more rare opportunity to replicate latter from the 5 year asset perspective imo. The opportunity to invest more heavily in WR2 will 100% be there next year.

#18 Kronoking, Mar 16, 2024
    Last edited: Mar 16, 2024
    ColoradoContrails and NCJetsfan like this.
  19. Leicester Jet

Leicester Jet Well-Known Member

I would be surprise if Bowers makes it to our pick - most of the mock drafts I see have him going well before then

20. PennyRoyal10

PennyRoyal10 Well-Known Member

I have consistently said go BPA between OL/WR with first 3 picks, but with the OL being addressed to the extent that JD has through FA, I would be open to taking a QB at 10 who could legit sit behind 2 vets and learn. Both vets are at the ends of their respective careers. Even if he stays healthy, AR cannot be taken seriously with any of his comments about playing 2, 3 more years. Then I remembered JD would be the guy picking that QB...

WarriorRB28 likes this.