2023 - Week 8: New York Jets at New York Giants

Discussion in 'New York Jets' started by Brook!, Oct 15, 2023.

?

Who will win?

Poll closed Oct 29, 2023.
  1. Jets

85.7%
  2. Giants

14.3%
  1. Zach

Zach Well-Known Member

That was just a little vent, let's just say. Ain't happening, I know.

2. RevisIsland18

RevisIsland18 Well-Known Member

ya that fat fuck is annoying as shit. He’s bringing Down Evan and tiki.

fggrimes and JackBower like this.
  3. typeOnegative13NY

typeOnegative13NY Well-Known Member

First win after a bye in 8years?

4. JETFUEL1580

JETFUEL1580 Well-Known Member

Problem is we don't have anyone else outside of Rodgers making a miraculous comeback at the end of the season. Might as well stay with someone who knows the playbook.

KingRoach and barfolomew like this.
  5. BroadwayAaron

BroadwayAaron Well-Known Member

Burn the tape, never speak of this day ever again.

Extremely concerned about the offensive line. We are going to be starting practice squad players (I consider Billy Turner a practice squad player) at both center and right guard unless Tippmann is somehow magically ready to go by Monday night. And yeah everyone keeps talking about how we need to trade for someone before Tuesday. No team is overflowing with competent interior OL. We may be able to pick up somebody off the street they can get the job done but they aren’t going to be close to McGovern, Schweitzer or Tippmann.

Garrett Wilson is special, I personally think Deonte Banks has been overrated by a ton of people this year but going by the numbers, Wilson roasted him. More yards given up in man coverage to Garrett Wilson than he gave up the first seven weeks combined. Please for the love of God target this man 15 times a game against any team playing man coverage.

papapump, Brook! and barfolomew like this.
  6. Savatage

Savatage Well-Known Member

Do any of you guys know how to snap a ball? FFS, I hope Tippman is back next week.

mrjet80 likes this.
  7. Linebacker712

Linebacker712 Well-Known Member

With a decent QB, we'd be doing halfway decent. This is a very talented team, but they are under performing due to bad QB play. Even as bad as the offensive playcalling is, a good QB would know how to call audibles and make use with what he's got. As much as I've wanted him to succeed, the lack of offensive production is largely on Zach.

The defense is a top notch in terms of talent, and they have shown the ability to play at an elite level. But they are hampered by conservative playcalling, preparation, and a lack of discipline. There's no excuse for the idiotic personal foul calls today, and don't even get me started on the offsides on 4th and 5.

For me, the jury is out on the coaching in terms of long term success, but the team itself is poised to make an impact if they get a good QB and the rest of the team can be used right.

8. abyzmul

abyzmul R.J. MacReady, 21018 Funniest Member Award Winner

It's ugly and in the win column. You hope they learned some lessons from this one though. Our Oline is fucked.

We were blessed by the true Punting God today.

AtlantaJet, Brook!, mrjet80 and 2 others like this.
  9. westiedog1

westiedog1 Well-Known Member

Zach Wilson is quite a conundrum as far as I'm concerned. He plays like sh!t for 3.98 quarters and in the last minute does an AR imitation to win the game. And make no mistake, those were NFL caliber throws he made at the end. Where was that arm during the rest of the game?

10. BroadwayAaron

BroadwayAaron Well-Known Member

Maybe, just maybe, the CS should take note of how well he plays when he’s moving around and extending plays… let Wilson make a play, let Lazard do what he did for years with Rodgers. I’m not excusing Zach by any means because he was dreadful but the CS is not helping him at all.

11. Jets69

Jets69 Well-Known Member

Typical Jets shit show, this putrid franchise, even when they win, it's so fuckin ugly.

Second to last series, where Suck Wilson got sacked on 4th down, they planned to the stadium, Jets fan threw his hands in the air, started walking out, bet he wished, he would've, hung around!

barfolomew likes this.
  12. Jets69

Jets69 Well-Known Member

Because, they have zero confidence in Wilson, for every good throw he makes, he throws 15 horrific ones

13. dmw

dmw Well-Known Member

Before the season started, I expected to see Aaron Rodgers chucking the rock all over the field and scoring TDs left and right. Instead, I got today's game.

barfolomew likes this.
  14. twown

twown Well-Known Member

15. Yankee6

Yankee6 Well-Known Member

Bart Scotts reaction to the game 49 seconds in is priceless and pretty much how I feel.

papapump, Brook!, Jets69 and 3 others like this.
  16. Cman68

Cman68 The Dark Admin, 2018 BEST Darksider Poster

Homers would disagree with this assessment..

Jets69 and NYJetsO12 like this.
  17. Yankee6

Yankee6 Well-Known Member

and Saleh

18. SOXXX2

SOXXX2 Well-Known Member

This was an odd game. It was brutal to watch.

The flag that gave the Giants a first and goal that lead to a TD was a load of nonsense. It was ticky-tacky but its a game altering flag. The rest of the penalties were pretty much right against the Jets but that penalty was uncalled for. This is back to back games where teams have been gifted TDs due to the Refs ineptitude that changed the dynamic of the whole game. Eagles got one at the goal with the gift TD on the 4th down stop, and the Giants got one today.

The offense was ugly but I think Wilson was under a lot of pressure all game, credit to the Giants. I think not having his center added an extra layer to just everything else. The rain was pouring today, and if it wasn't I think we see more offense. At the end of the day the game is 60 minutes and the Jets figured out a way to win. I don't think this team is as good as the team that beat the Eagles but I also don't think its as bad as the team that beat the Giants today. On to next week. 3 in a row and hopefully can make it 4.

AtlantaJet likes this.
  19. NYJetsO12

NYJetsO12 Well-Known Member

2 ex players smarter than Douglas and Saleh

Kid Wilson has underwhelmed us in all our "victories " versus Eagles Broncos and Bills!

And When is the Trade Deadline? ...like they said small window closing and ZW not really an NFL QB

As I posted before...and no offense to NC and Contrails..for the good of the Team /Playoff possibilities we need another QB!!

barfolomew and SackRecord99 like this.
  20. NYJetsO12

NYJetsO12 Well-Known Member

Like them ..I cant take these games. And watching ZW just getting by enough to get the Win ..hes 25% effective at best

My nerves cant take this shit..honestly

barfolomew likes this.