2023 - Week 1: New York Jets vs Buffalo Bills (MNF)

Discussion in 'New York Jets' started by Brook!, Aug 26, 2023.

?

Who will win?

Poll closed Sep 10, 2023.
  1. Jets

81.3%
  2. Bills

18.8%
  1. Ptflea2

Ptflea2 Well-Known Member

Jets 27, Bills 21

2. GREG

GREG Well-Known Member

I think the Jets will go 10-7 and make the playoffs as a WC but this is one of the 7. Bills 23-20.

3. Brook!

Brook! Soft Admin...2018 Friendliest Member Award Winner

Don't take my word and run to Vegas but Jets will win by at least a TD. I see no way for Bills to win this game. No effing way.

Sec124DieHard and Acad23 like this.
  4. NYJalltheway

NYJalltheway Well-Known Member

I don't see us winning. Maybe it's 12 years of being shitty (save 2015), but I'm so used to failure so I'm scared for week 1.

Sent from my IPhone 43 using Tapatalk V.86

5. BroadwayAaron

BroadwayAaron Well-Known Member

Im fairly confident we’re winning this game which terrifies me

6. Brook!

Don't be. I guarantee it. Jets will win.

If Jets don't win, I will ban myself 1 week. Okay I gotta go Dallas next week so I will ban myself 3 days

NCJetsfan and Cman68 like this.
  7. dawinner127

dawinner127 Well-Known Member

Really confident as well. Match up very, very well vs Buffalo. Buffalo still didn't get better in the trenches on either side.

NCJetsfan, abyzmul and Brook! like this.
  8. Acad23

Acad23 Well-Known Member

Need me to take care of things while your gone? :cool:

NY Jets68, Brook!, papapump and 2 others like this.
  9. Brook!

I rather leave my post to somebody on the East Coast. You are eliminated for being in the West Coast. Sorry.

10. Acad23

Acad23 Well-Known Member

C'mon @Brook!

I've got the clarity of distance... plus I wake up early. :rolleyes:

Brook! likes this.
  11. Bills over Jets

Bills over Jets Well-Known Member

2 new and better starters on the offensive line, added Leonard Floyd as a pass rusher and added in the interior dline. The HELL are you talking about LOL

12. dawinner127

dawinner127 Well-Known Member

Oh look. Mr. Red and Blue sunglasses is back. You realize the OL can only be as strong as the weakest link right? Spencer Brown can bring this entire thing down. Us Jets fans watched Wayne Fucking Hunter destroy the entire Jets OL when he was a turnstile at tackle.

Spencer Brown was ranked 27 out of 32 at RT last year in pressure rate allowed and 57 out of 63 overall tackles. He was 54 of 66 on run blocking. Last year he allowed 7 pressures in the one game he played vs us and IIRC two years ago he gave up 7 pressures as well. The guy stinks.
    Morse is fine. Very subpar as a run blocker, but adequate as a pass blocker. Right in the middle of the road.
    O'Cyrus Torrence is a rookie unknown who will have an absolute handful with the Jets front. I don't know how you can be confident in his first start on the road in the NFL being against one of the best fronts in the league.
    McGovern was a good signing and is another good pass blocker, but mediocre against the run.

Let's see how good Floyd is when he doesn't have an All Pro taking up 2 or 3 blocks at a time next to him before we crown his ass. It isn't a shocker that the moment he is getting 1 on 1s in LA he puts up 29 sacks in 3 years while the 4 years prior he averaged 4.5/yr.

Take the glasses off my guy. Your Bills takes are so jaded. Next thing we will see is you're going to say losing Edmunds isn't a big deal b/c Terrel Bernard is better.

13. Bills over Jets

Bills over Jets Well-Known Member

You said they didn’t get better. They added a really good guard in free agency, they added the best guard in the draft, and they added a pass rusher who’s averaged 9 sacks in each of the last few years. Explain to me how ADDING that does not make them better than NOT having that? Lol

14. Cman68

Cman68 The Dark Admin, 2018 BEST Darksider Poster

Just remember, Texas has "dry" counties so make sure you get your drinking permit.. :)

Brook! likes this.
  15. NYJ1970

NYJ1970 Well-Known Member

There will be main factors which will tell you almost immediately if the Jets are going to win this game:

1) Do the Jets score quickly? The Jets offense have been so unforgiving in their snails approach to actually getting on the board. If they score in the 1st quarter? That'll be very different.

2) Does the defense get off the field on 3rd and long? For hoe good the defense was last season they were HORRIBLE on 3rd and long. That must change if they're going to beat the Bills.

3) Are the BILLS protecting the football? The Bills had a net turnover differential of zero last season. Their defense forced a lot of turnovers to be exact. Their offense however? For how good they were is VERY sloppy with ball security. The Bills gave up just as many turnovers as they forced. When we beat them last season we won the turnover battle. When we lost to them? We lost the turnover battle. It's the ultimate determining factor as to victory/defeat....

LogeSection2RowJ likes this.
  16. LogeSection2RowJ

LogeSection2RowJ Well-Known Member

Couple things I wanted to write but wasn't sure what thread to write them in... First, I'm hesitant to think we'll come roaring out of the gate this season and win most of these first batch of games. If you look at the entire schedule I can see them starting on the slow side then winning most of the games late in the year, which isn't bad heading into the playoffs. I dread seeing what it'll be like in here if they start off 1-3 which I think is a possibility. Second, Monday will end a personal streak of attending 44 straight opening days (not counting the covid year). 1979! My first was Matt Robinson vs. Cleveland. We lost in OT. That said, I am going Monday - to tailgate. I was able to grab a parking pass in order to party with my tailgate friends. Opening day is usually the best one, and I'll be there from 3:30 to 7:30. Then I drive home to watch on TV. It's the one advantage i have living nearby. It's been a great run, and I wonder if anyone here can top it? I didn't even think about it until a friend complained about ending a 29 year streak. 44. Riggins.

17. ouchy

ouchy Well-Known Member

I feel like the Bills are going to be flat on the road in week 1, and if our D-line comes out strong we'll win by 2 TDs at least.

18. typeOnegative13NY

typeOnegative13NY Well-Known Member

Damn I’m anxious. Haven’t felt like this about the start for a long time.

19. LogeSection2RowJ

LogeSection2RowJ Well-Known Member

Aaron Rodgers coming out of the darkness retreat, His Jets press conference, Taylor Swift concerts, One Jets Drive, Hard Knocks... It's normal to feel this way.

20. NCJetsfan

NCJetsfan Well-Known Member

I think JJ is indeed going to have a coming out party with 2 sacks of Allen, pressuring and hitting him on numerous other snaps, and containing his running on that side of the field. I think GW has over 100 yards and a TD. Hall and Cook combine for 150-200 yards. The Jets make a statement and hand Buffalo a 28-10 thrashing.