2023 NFL Season - Preseason Week 0: Jets @ Browns

Discussion in 'Game Threads' started by Brook!, Jul 31, 2023.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Acad23

Acad23 Well-Known Member

Yeah... I wouldn't have him running sweeps... ;)

AtlantaJet likes this.
  2. ColoradoContrails

ColoradoContrails Well-Known Member

It was a pre-season game - the FIRST - P.S. game. Some people are acting like it was the game that decides the playoffs. Sure, I'd love to see them in mid season form because it would relieve a lot of questions and anxiety, but the reality is that they're using P.S. as they should: looking at players who are on the bubble, and making sure no one gets hurt. Mission accomplished.

As for Zach, he looked more relaxed and was scanning the field instead of just tucking and running. That 57 yarder was nice. From what I saw, the (first) overthrow (of two) it looked like the receiver was held up. Still, he didn't prove anything, but then again he wasn't going to - especially to those who have already written him off no matter what he does.

If they lose all their P.S. games and then go undefeated, I'll take that trade off.

mrjet80 and Brook! like this.
  3. GasedAndConfused

GasedAndConfused Well-Known Member

there aren't even enough good QBs for every team to have 1 worth starting. no team will have 2. white was limited and teams caught on. just like what happened with baker. he was good until teams had film on him and seen how to beat him because he's limited.

NCJetsfan likes this.
  4. GasedAndConfused

GasedAndConfused Well-Known Member

he's not a power back. we all knew that. From what I watched on him, He's deadly in space or with a lane but he's not a tackle breaker

NCJetsfan likes this.
  5. Cman68

Cman68 The Dark Admin, 2018 BEST Darksider Poster

If they start out 1-4, would you take that trade off? Preseason does matter. Time to see what works and what doesn't. Hackett knows who his scrubs are so its time to get the 1's squared away on the new system. This is a new system being implemented and although we do have the Living Legend behind center, its the other 10 guys and in particular the 5 guys on the OL that should concern everyone. They hold the key to a successful season.

ouchy, NCJetsfan and NY Jets68 like this.
  6. Losmeister

Losmeister Well-Known Member

pff scores for ps games? omfg

hats off to my man DAWINNA for the new ice-cream flavor comment

VANILLA DOGSHIT

7. ColoradoContrails

ColoradoContrails Well-Known Member

If they then go 12-0, yep, I'll be good with that!

I'm not saying don't play the 1's at all - just AR. But be judicious about it, and if that means we lose all the P.S. games, so be it. The one group I DO want to see plenty of snaps by taken is the OL. It seems we go into every season and the starting 5 OL hasn't played together before the 1st game. Those guys need to be familiar with each other.

NCJetsfan and Cman68 like this.
  8. NCJetsfan

NCJetsfan Well-Known Member

Boyle was brought in before Rodgers. IMO he was brought in to help teach the offense to the offensive players if the trade for Rodgers didn't go through until after OTAs.

9. NCJetsfan

How could McDonald's grade be so low? It's stuff like that which causes me to have zero respect or believe in anything they say.

10. NCJetsfan

This^ The starters can all play except for Rodgers and Zach can get the work with the 1st unit that he needs, the OL will have a chance to get in sync. If they're worried about their WRs and TEs, then just play the OL and RBs with Zach, and let everyone to get their timing down and more comfortable in the offense.

Cman68 and ColoradoContrails like this.
  11. bicketybam

bicketybam Well-Known Member

Boyle will be on the PS. We will carry only 2 QB's. I think they brought him here to start teaching the offense before Rodgers was traded.

12. Ralebird

Ralebird Well-Known Member

First team players are held out of the majority of preseason games throughout the league to protect their health. To abandon that philosophy simply to give a lift to a guy who has been unable to lift himself is not effectively utilizing assets.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.