2023 NFL Free Agency - News and Rumors

Discussion in 'New York Jets' started by Brook!, Mar 12, 2023.

1. LAJet

LAJet Well-Known Member

I’m thinking three years with an out n year three. He has been damned solid at Center. Groom the new rookie we get this yer.

Nyjets4eva likes this.
  2. JetFanInPA

JetFanInPA Well-Known Member

Albert Elrod from "SSPN"...

3. NOVAJET

NOVAJET "2020 TGG Fantasy Football Champ"

He has a lot of followers but yeah, that's why I said it could be BS.

4. JetFanInPA

I hope it's legit! He would be a great signing and would allow them to bring along a rookie center at a good pace. Hopefully some more known sources confirm

RochesterJet likes this.
  5. Nyjets4eva

Nyjets4eva Well-Known Member

yeah seems like a good move and how JD usually gives himself a way out in the final year or two. Hope we can close this and if we still have pick 13 maybe another guy for reinforcements. We are still really thin at IDL and LB tho

6. Jets79

Jets79 Well-Known Member

It’s interesting and I get it, but I’m not as down on our LB group as others here…I liked locking up QW, I would bring back Kwon, and it would be nice to be able to restructure CJ to lessen his cap hit, but while sure we could stand to upgrade, it’s not a truly terrible group. We haven’t had LBs who can cover a TE across the middle in ages so it would be nice to have that, but we need help at DT more than at LB I think

KingRoach likes this.
  7. burf

burf Well-Known Member

Don't know if this is that SSPN, but found this...
    "SSPN, short for Spurs-Sports-Programming-Network, is a channel completely dedicated to the San Antonio Spurs."

Also found this... sounds like a real pro...
    [​IMG]

Then there's this... "Albert Elrod's passing on Thursday, September 15, 2022 has been publicly announced by Forest Hill Funeral Home East- Memphis in Memphis, TN."
    Maybe he tweeted from the hereafter... possibly a good source.

#227 burf, Mar 21, 2023
    Last edited: Mar 21, 2023
  8. NOVAJET

NOVAJET "2020 TGG Fantasy Football Champ"

:confused: nice digging lol.

9. LAJet

LAJet Well-Known Member

10. LAJet

LAJet Well-Known Member

Seems like the guy is trash

Ralebird likes this.
  11. BroadwayAaron

BroadwayAaron Well-Known Member

That guy is a known parody account. Don’t pay attention to it.

12. Ralebird

Ralebird Well-Known Member

My guess is the NFL, if they are able to identify him, would be happy to sue his ass for using their logo.

LAJet likes this.
  13. RochesterJet

RochesterJet Well-Known Member

Any interest in kicking the tires on Myles Jack? I'd prefer Kwon and drafting another ILB in the early rounds

14. Jets79

Jets79 Well-Known Member

Personally I am WAY more concerned about OL and DL than I am about LBs…if we’re going to be limited in free agency dollars and draft capital, I’d sooner sink that into OL and DT and run back CJ, QW (both already under contract) and resign Kwon. I think we need some safety help as well, so maybe I’d say top priorities are OL first, then DT, then LB/S toss up

Not sure how Breece will look when he returns…sometimes it takes two years to come back to form from the ACL (shoot, I still remember the days when blowing out your knee was a career ender!), so since Michael Carter didn’t look very good last year, I’d say bring back Ty Johnson or else draft another back to hedge against MC…hoping he bounces back and not sure why MC didn’t look good last year, but he looked slow and unexplosive all year…if Breece is back to full heath it’s fine but if not, I think we could use an upgrade there too

15. Savatage

Savatage Well-Known Member

16. LAJet

LAJet Well-Known Member

I agree with this take. Depth and more depth at OL, and a compliment to Q on the D line. I think JD will pick up an OL a safety and a Center with the early rounds. I also want to add that we have a new OL coach that made his mark supporting a strong running game, he has familiarity with Jones and is a bit of a hard ass as far as training practices. I have a suspicion we might target a complimentary hard nose RB in free agency to phase in Hall slowly.

#236 LAJet, Mar 22, 2023
    Last edited: Mar 22, 2023
    Jets79 likes this.
  17. RevisIsland18

RevisIsland18 Well-Known Member

18. Jonathan_Vilma

Jonathan_Vilma Well-Known Member

The Jets fan infatuation with defending Douglas is strange. He absolutely bombed his first draft, botched the most important pick we’ve had in the past 20 years and his 2021 and 2022 picks after round one are still pretty up in the air as to if we’re going to get any decent starters.

He’s made some good picks and some good trades but every GM hits. If the franchise doesn’t start winning, then the GM isn’t producing the desired results.

Br4d, Brook! and Acad23 like this.
  19. Acad23

Acad23 Well-Known Member

Yeah, but we don't have a quarterback controversy.

So we got that going for us... :rolleyes:

20. JetFanInPA

I'm surprised they haven't brought back Kwon yet. If they're really going to run it back with the defense, he should return and probably should be pretty cheap at this point. Otherwise they have a big hole at LB. I remember hearing they like Jamien Sherwood, but enough to start?

I've also read they really like the Tony Adams at S. Maybe they see him as a possible starter at FS in the near future? Regardless, it seems they have two SS types now. I think cutting Whitehead and adding a vet FS would make sense. There are some decent options out there IMO, even if it's for a stopgap while Adams or a rookie FS develops

Still expecting them to add another DT. Calais Campbell makes sense but so could Matt Ioannidis, Shelby Harris or Poona Ford. Probably a rookie to add the rotation too. Maybe JFM will play a little more inside especially if Lawson ends up back

C is still a gaping hole, but I really think they're targeting John Michael Schmitz in the draft. There should be other good options beyond him too if he goes before their 2nd. Ben Jones as a free agent would be a good backup plan though. Similarly, I think OT is the pick at 13, but Cameron Fleming would be a good swing tackle backup if needed.