2023 NFL Draft - 1st Round Discussion

Discussion in 'Draft' started by Brook!, Apr 27, 2023.

1. JetsUK

JetsUK Well-Known Member

Another year, another defensive line first round pick......

Rodgers is a 1 or 2 year gamble so probably the team is better off trying to get someone that can start from day 1 if they think there is a gap on the OL

Also I noted people flagging the guys age and saying he is a "one contract" signing - to be fair most first round DT/DE picks by the Jets don't get past their rookie contract and who was the last player they drafted early that got more than one proper contract out of them?

#321 JetsUK, Apr 28, 2023
    Last edited: Apr 28, 2023
  2. Br4d

Br4d 2018 Weeb Ewbank Award

100%. JD is like a worse version of Terry Bradway.

He traded up for Jermaine Johnson in the 1st last year and apparently decided he needed to double down at Edge more than provide some depth on the roster or protect Aaron Rodgers.

NYJetsO12 likes this.
  3. Section 336

Section 336 Well-Known Member

Awful pick.
    Just shows why we should have never swapped with GB
    Could have had Broderick Jones at 13, who I think will be the best of the Tackles

papapump likes this.
  4. Br4d

Br4d 2018 Weeb Ewbank Award

The thing that is truly amazing at this point is that JD is seen as a good GM by a large percentage of the posters. This despite being having the worst record as a Jets GM since Rich Kotite.

My guess is in 2 years he will win a poll about who the worst Jets GM ever was.

NYJetsO12 likes this.
  5. KY Jets Fan

KY Jets Fan Moderator

I honestly think Boyle is just a camp body. Having him on the roster shouldn’t preclude us from drafting a late-round QB prospect.

NCJetsfan likes this.
  6. Borat

Borat Well-Known Member

This is too funny now, me saying we need to draft another Edge in the second was sarcasm. Even you should be able to understand it. How about we draft 5 edges in this draft? Can't have too many pass rushers after all... (Sarcasm).

7. SoylentGreen

SoylentGreen Well-Known Member

In his first draft with his system/scouts, he selected 3 pro-bowl caliber players:

Sauce
    Wilson
    Hall

and 4 other quality guys:
    JJ
    Ruckert
    Mitchell
    Clemmons

It was the best draft of any team last year and is likely going to go down as a top 3 all time Jets draft.

This year he's gotten us the best Qb to ever wear green in Aaron Rodgers, while keeping our 1st round pick.

I think your post is not based on reality so much as being a negative Jets fan used to things never working out. Not to say i blame you... :)

KingRoach and MDJets like this.
  8. MDJets

MDJets Well-Known Member

These were indeed solid draft picks. JD does have little room for error with much lesser draft picks this year. I am going to trust JD and hopefully the picks will be solid

9. IIMeanDeanII

IIMeanDeanII Well-Known Member

To be fair.. Your post Isn't based on reality either.

His first draft so far looks like something we would've seen from John Idzik. It was terribly bad, thus far.

Mekhi Becton, Denzel Mims, Ashtyn Davis, Jabari Zuniga, La'Mical Perine, James Morgan, Cam Clark, Bryce Hall, Braden Mann

This Is dog shit bad. There Is still some hope and optimism for Becton turning out to be something, but we obviously haven't seen It, and none of us have confidence he will turn out to be a healthy elite LT for us.

The fans that have this blind faith In this guy blows my mind. Literally.

How about his second draft?

Zach Wilson, AVT, Elijah Moore, Michael Carter, Jamien Sherwood, Michael Carter II, Jason Pinnock, Hamsah Nasirildeen, Brandin Echols, Jonathan Marshall

You brag about him getting the best QB to ever wear green but he didn't draft him and he's getting him at 40 years of age. He Isn't the future. Enjoy the temporary band aide and all that but this Isn't a move that was home grown and drafted by JD. Instead, he drafted a QB at #2 from BYU who had one good season In a covid cupcake season. Unbelievably bad. So, It's hilarious to me that people magically forget about the horrible pick that he actually made at the most important position but then turn around and praise him from trading for a no-brainer future HOF QB. That really Isn't that hard to do, obviously.

This draft was hit and miss obviously. AVT Is a stud.. Michael Carter, MC2, Brandin Echols... Have potential. The rest wasn't good and Elijah Moore Is already gone.

Last years draft was obviously fucking great. He does deserve the praise for that, but to act like he knows all Is silly.. He has made some really dumb choices and decisions so far as well that shouldn't be overlooked just because some fans want to pretend like It never happened. It did, It has..

JD has flaws.. Hopefully he learns from those flaws. Last nights pick though.. I don't know, doesn't feel like a good pick right now.

..and everyone proclaiming he deserves the benefit of the doubt, should really open their eyes, we are still finding out just how good or bad JD truly Is.

I look at this draft as the draft that tips the scale one way or the other. He's had a really shitty draft. A mediocre draft. A great draft.

Who Is JD, really?

Right now to me, doesn't look good. We shall see.

Br4d likes this.