2023 NFL Draft - 1st Round Discussion

Discussion in 'Draft' started by Brook!, Apr 27, 2023.

1. Mexican Buc

Mexican Buc Well-Known Member

I'm going to take issue with the question. I hate the idea of "worth the pick" and "value" and all that. If he's the guy you take the guy.

I had him in my Great tier that I posted earlier, mid first, so yes "worth the pick". But don't try to judge a pick by how much "value" you got out of it, that's meaningless. Just it based on what you are getting and how it adds to your team. On his own merit he's a hell of a player and a fast one at that.

Here he is beating up Wright, who was a darling here. Between your CBs, gamescript, and his speed, expect a lot of "coverage sacks" that aren't even really coverage sacks.

2. LAJet

LAJet Well-Known Member

Ill go out on a limb and say ten minutes ago you didn’t know this kid from shit but you have already pissed all over this thread multiple times essentially spouting the same bull shit on each of them.

KingRoach likes this.
  3. Kryoptix

Kryoptix Well-Known Member

He better have +10 sacks next year otherwise it's very bad. The guy is 24 years old. He is a one contract type of guy. They need him to be elite and impactful from day 1.

4. KingRoach

KingRoach Well-Known Member

What I was saying, and I hope it’s very very clear now. The Jets are happy with their starting OTs.

5. IIMeanDeanII

IIMeanDeanII Well-Known Member

Round 2 Is still a thing....

Surely.. It will be better tomorrow.

....... right?

I'm hoping for one of these guys to be a Jet

DeWand Jones OT OSU
    O'Cyrus Torrence OG Florida
    John Michael Schmitz C Minnesota
    Steve Avila, G/C TCU
    Luke Wypler C OSU
    Joe Tippmann C Wisconsin

Lets go OL! Please? ha

6. Borat

Borat Well-Known Member

Good Tackles were gone when we picked, so it's clear what YOU are saying now, but that does not mean they are happy with the tackles they have. JD just made a dumb mistake before by including pick swap and last blue chip tackle was gone at 14. And if they are happy with current tackles, they are insane. This is definition of insanity to do the same thing and expect a different result.

NYJetsO12 likes this.
  7. KingRoach

It’s the same thing as I was saying before
    But sure, JD fucked up because there’s NO WAY Detroit would’ve traded back 3 spots and risk losing their RB /s

And all those “leaks” that came out were true, they haven’t had leaks before but they do now… /s

My take hasn’t changed

Come here princess @Borat, here (again) are a few of my pre draft posts saying no OT. You saw and replied to this already so I’m not sure why you can’t figure it out.

#307 KingRoach, Apr 28, 2023
    Last edited: Apr 28, 2023
  8. Borat

Borat Well-Known Member

We only have 5 picks in this draft. We don't know if JD tried to trade up or not. What we do know is that at #15 top 3 were gone. At #13 they were not gone. So, yes JD fucked up by needlessly including pick swap.

9. Borat

Borat Well-Known Member

I think we could use some help on the edge.

IIMeanDeanII likes this.
  10. KingRoach

You make a list of things we don’t know but I notice “if the FO feels we need a 1st rd OT” isn’t on that list.

I’ve been saying the same thing for weeks and I’m sorry that as opposed to admitting I’m right, you’ve convinced yourself JD can no longer navigate the draft.

I bathe in your tears

11. Borat

Borat Well-Known Member

You can't always navigate the draft how you want by trading up, especially after you gave up a bunch of picks and have fewer at your disposal. At the Jets selection top tackles were gone. If they were not, and he still selected McDonald over Jones, I would have admitted that you were right and concluded that JD is a total moron. However, since tackle was not available, we do not know whom he would have picked: Jones or McDonald. Hence, you are not necessarily right. However, I can conclude JD made a huge mistake by unnecessarily including a pick swap, because it removed a blue chip option at tackle at the time of our selection.

12. KingRoach

I don’t see Jones bc he’s huge and Becton might have made JD hesitant on oversized OTs

I think Torrence doesn’t have the lateral movement we like in our Guards (although he played with Max Mitchell before so ¯\_(ツ)_/¯ )

JMS would be interesting with MacG signing for almost nothing… I’d think AR would want a vet C to start…. Which is why I could see Wylper if he drops to the 3rd or 4th. Someone who needs to add some weight and be a 2024 starter

Avila has position diversity which they like

I could definitely see them taking Avila for G/C depth and having AVT be tackle #4

13. KingRoach

Stop, so many tears are going to make me get all pruny.

14. twown

twown Well-Known Member

Another take:

Joe had the consensus top three OT's in mind, but decided they would all be likely gone by 13. Therefore swapping 13 and 15, to him, was sort of negligible. By finally agreeing to the 13/15 swap, he picked up a 5th for a 6th and was able to close the deal.

Unfortunately, Jones was in fact available at 13, so this gamble failed, but it wasn't an unreasonable gamble.

You never know, we may find a gem with that 5th-rounder.

JETFUEL1580 likes this.
  15. jets4848

jets4848 Trolls

jd should trade up and draft Will Levis in the 2nd round because we have dogshit backing up Ar now and we can finally have Levis sit and learn and we can develop the future Qb properly. Levis being there in the 2nd round is a steal.

16. KingRoach

I would like to persevere this post of you saying we could use some help with the edge… is this the same chain where you speak of intelligence and high IQ?

Obviously I know you meant the edge of the offensive line but since that’s like not an actual term or position, I want to have some fun.

17. IIMeanDeanII

I def think D Jones would fit really well Into our scheme and I his size doesn't concern me at all. He Is a diamond In the rough type of player, getting him would be awesome.

I could go through them all, I just know I want to add to this OL, I'm happy with any of those guys.

KingRoach likes this.
  18. IIMeanDeanII

Neverminded.. Not my process.

KingRoach likes this.
  19. JETFUEL1580

JETFUEL1580 Well-Known Member

O'Cyrus Torrence falling to us would be a true blessing.

20. KingRoach

TBH I was mocking him to the Jets in the 2nd a couple months ago but I thought I heard some health concerns….
    Found it

(I took it as concerns but am open to being wrong)

If JD is comfortable with the pick, I’d be on board as OSU makes good OTs and run a zone blocking scheme.