2023 Jets QB

Discussion in 'New York Jets' started by blackssmagic, Jan 8, 2023.

1. Cman68

Cman68 The Dark Admin, 2018 BEST Darksider Poster

wasn't me...

2. Brook!

Brook! Soft Admin...2018 Friendliest Member Award Winner

Boss. The issue is taken care of thru Private Message. :)

bicketybam likes this.
  3. abyzmul

abyzmul R.J. MacReady, 2018 Funniest Member Award Winner

So the 2021 draft for QBs is starting to look like Trevor and nobody else. Most teams that took a QB are bailing on them after 2 seasons.

Br4d, Cman68 and Jets79 like this.
  4. NOVAJET

NOVAJET "2020 TGG Fantasy Football Champ"

Wasn't sure where to put this..

5. ouchy

ouchy Well-Known Member

Its starting to feel like neither Carr or Rodgers want to play for us. The Carr camp saying his FA will be a long process doesn't exactly scream, "I'm in on the Jets". And Rodgers seems like he'd only want to come here in an extreme situation, like to spite someone and he couldn't get a better offer. In fact, I think he might be staying in GB or retiring.

I wont be surprised if were trotting out, "Tannahil or someone else" threads in a few weeks.

barfolomew likes this.
  6. bicketybam

bicketybam Well-Known Member

Carr has played his entire NFL career for one team. He finally gets to free agency and if he just jumped at the first team that showed interest in him I would think he's an idiot. This is the best contract he's ever going to get. I don't blame him for taking his time.

burf likes this.
  7. abyzmul

Yeah, it's kind of what happens when you fire your offensive staff and then try to advertise for a veteran signal caller. These are the actions of a drunk little penis-shaped man with a giant bank account.

papapump, Cman68 and ouchy like this.
  8. Br4d

Br4d 2018 Weeb Ewbank Award

There was a raging epidemic of QB Fever sweeping the NFL that year and the bad teams with top 10 picks tend to get badly screwed over when that happens.

ouchy and abyzmul like this.
  9. ouchy

ouchy Well-Known Member

Lets look at 2021 "so far" after 2 seasons:

(1) Lawrence - succeeding
    (11) Fields - on the bubble
    (15) Jones - adequate, not a star
    (3) Lance - injury problems, potential bust
    (2) Wilson - BUST

Outlier
    (65) Mills - decent return for draft position

We still need another season to get a bigger picture on everyone - but ATM only the Jets and Niners look like they got the big ream.

NYJetsO12 likes this.
  10. JetFanInNE

JetFanInNE Well-Known Member

Who exactly is it screaming that he wants to be with? Jesus dude relax, he’s met with 2 teams!

11. Br4d

Pats got reamed also. They spent a mid first round pick on a guy who is going to be a solid NFL backup.

12. BrowningNagle

BrowningNagle Well-Known Member

I'm not saying you are wrong about Mac Jones being backup level, but why then are the Patriots not getting themselves involved in the Carr-Rodgers-JimmyG sweepstakes?

13. ouchy

ouchy Well-Known Member

Getting a 2 year starter with a winning record and a 2 to 1 TD to INT ratio for pick 15 isn't even in the same ballpark as Zach/Lance. Not to mention Jones could probably return a few mid round picks in a trade.

NYJetsO12 likes this.
  14. abyzmul

I think the Pats will be more involved than it looks right now.

azhar80 likes this.
  15. NYJetsO12

NYJetsO12 Well-Known Member

Sigh..the Jets future hardly inspiring. especially if these reports true

No Carr No Rogers >>>OMFG are we a bunch of LOSERS

Well ,,,you all here know by now I NEVER go to home games.

So will anyone here STILL be filling seats ???

barfolomew likes this.
  16. Cman68

Cman68 The Dark Admin, 2018 BEST Darksider Poster

There is no way the Jet PR dept or the FO can sell anyone other than one of the big 3 to the fanbase. It simply would be the spark that triggers the full on fanbase rebellion. If the FO/CS screws this up by waiting on the Diva, then missing out on Carr because Carr doesn't feel like being the consolation prize, then transitioning to the oft injured Jimmy Glass, they're days are numbered here. The media backlash alone would be SAVAGE. A 24/7 shitstorm and in the middle of that, they're trying to sell tickets at an increased price to an already skeptical media market. JD, Saleh and the entire staff would all have to go unless by some miracle, the Jets actually make a playoff run with a uninjured Jimmy G or a Tannenhill or god forbid, Brissett. I think a lot of this hesitation comes from the fear of fcking this up.

In short, they had better sign one of the big 3 or else its doomsday for this regime in '24.

barfolomew likes this.
  17. Jonathan_Vilma

Jonathan_Vilma Well-Known Member

I still don’t see how Tennessee isn’t the desired landing spot. Good playoff calibre coach, elite runningback that should have at least one more year on his tires, no personal income tax and much lower cost of living compared to New York/New Jersey.

Carr is also deeply religious and Rodgers seemingly somewhat right leaning. I’ve never personally been but I’ve heard Nashville is tons of fun.

papapump and ouchy like this.
  18. papapump

papapump Well-Known Member

JV you really have to hit up Nashville. All kinds of music, food is great, and the scenery is really nice. I’m not referring to the landscape.

Cman68 and barfolomew like this.
  19. Jets1035

Jets1035 Active Member

If it goes this way and we are a rudderless ship once again with a losing record this year , the fans are going to start leaving. A 15 to 20 year loosing streak is how you doom a franchise to the point of no return.
    This has the feel of going in that direction.
    I hope they are working on a plan C.
    We don’t need one of the big 3 to be successful. Get White or maybe Minshew. Draft a QB and let him sit. Use our draft picks to keep building the team.
    If I was JD and even got the slightest notion that AR and DC were playing us I’d back out and tell them to pound sand. Get someone that wants to be here.

20. Br4d

Because Belichik doesn't want to get pushed out and if he pays a lot of money for a QB and the Pats don't make the playoffs next year is his last season in New England.

The Pats also have a strange cap structure because of all the mid-level free agent signings 2 years ago when Belichik was trying to prep supporting a rookie QB. They have a lot of cap space but they also have a lot of 28 to 32 year old guys that Belichik isn't going to want to re-up if they're in a rebuild. So you sign the vet QB and then next year you are rebuilding and you don't want him.