2023 Jets QB

Discussion in 'New York Jets' started by blackssmagic, Jan 8, 2023.

1. ColoradoContrails

ColoradoContrails Well-Known Member

Because after the SB no one needs to give the Raiders any compensation, let alone a #3.

papapump and KingRoach like this.
  2. KWJetsFan

KWJetsFan Well-Known Member

Man, a bunch of them really are gonna cling to this Zach fantasy straight to the unemployment line, aren't they?

3. Cman68

Cman68 The Dark Admin, 2018 BEST Darksider Poster

Certainly looks that way KW. The pride thing is strong in this one.. Can't admit they fckd up the pick so they chose Zach Wilson as the hill to die on. Don't be surprised if we see the Boy Blunder back on the field in '23. Especially if they sign Jimmy Glass. JD gets to gloat and Saleh gets to cash in his receipts. Win/win

4. SOJAZ

SOJAZ Well-Known Member

Only if he over comes all his issues ...

Cman68 likes this.
  5. ColoradoContrails

ColoradoContrails Well-Known Member

Or maybe Douglas knows more about player evaluations than anyone here does.;)

KingRoach likes this.
  6. LAJet

LAJet Well-Known Member

Every report I read so far seems to indicate that AR is far and away the number one choice by JD and RS, which completely invalidates bringing in Zach, at least for a year or two.
    But wanting and getting within reason are a world apart. Overpaying just to get who you want is a bad way to go. See Denver and Houston as clear cases of overpaying for a QB, and that is why the Ravens, with a better GM, will not come to terms with Lamar expectations.
    So it might come to pass that we get Tanehill or JG, particularly if they seem to be willing to wait after the four days of darkness to enlighten AR vision. Or may be we are completely mislead and they sign Carr.
    But in any event, IMO, in no case will JD, RS or NH trot ZW into the field unless he shows a no shit massive improvement in training camp and practice. That ship has sailed and all 3 are dependent on turning this O around or walk to the next post by year end. They will not risk their future on a 2022 version of Zach. Zach must find his calling in training camp just to make back up number three.

ColoradoContrails and KingRoach like this.
  7. vokab206

vokab206 Well-Known Member

From what I was hearing on WFAN is that Derek Carr wants a long term extension for whoever trades for him and I don't think we are the team to pay someone who's been in the league for 10 years and is above average at best a long term deal. I really think we end up with a 2 year bridge starter who can perform now but still give Zach an opportunity to play. I wouldn't be surprised if we explored Andy Dalton or Taylor Heinicke as well. Seems like all options are on the table. No need to rush to a decision but if Aaron Rodgers decides he wants to come here via trade, that's the one option you should roll the dice on. If not, I'd sit back and evaluate the other options. Tannehill is under contract next year so no guarantee he's released. Jimmy G seems most likely at this point.

8. JetFanInNE

JetFanInNE Well-Known Member

The only player evaluation that is necessary in this case is his extensive injury history. If Jimmy is the guy, then Zach Wilson will be starting games again by midseason. This is the one signing I absolutely do not want and will hate every minute Jimmy remains on the field

9. abyzmul

abyzmul R.J. MacReady, 2018 Funniest Member Award Winner

Somewhere in a high rise in NYC, Woody Johnson is standing in front of his bathroom mirror wearing a life-like silicone prosthetic mask of Zach Wilson's face, and making out with himself against the glass.

10. stinkyB

stinkyB 2009 Best Avatar Award Winner

hahaha....that's pretty fuct. I would wager there's a few on here doing the same

11. LAJet

LAJet Well-Known Member

Why would you hate every minute Jimmy remains ON the field.

ColoradoContrails and KingRoach like this.
  12. vokab206

vokab206 Well-Known Member

https://overthecap.com/free-agency

Here's the official list. I never realized Baker Mayfield had such a good 2020. 2021 he was hurt and 2022 he was pushed out of town. I'd put him in the second tier of QBs though. I like him more than Brissett because he's 28 and still time to turn it around.

13. Jets-N-Terps

Jets-N-Terps Well-Known Member

Definitely one in the Rocky Mountains.

Ralebird likes this.
  14. JetFanInNE

Because it’s only a matter of time until he’s off it and Zach is back on it. If the best this team can do is a half season of Jimmy Garoppolo, then what really are we doing here?

papapump and Cman68 like this.
  15. Cman68

Cman68 The Dark Admin, 2018 BEST Darksider Poster

Buying time??

16. JetFanInNE

For what/who? The coaching staff at the very least is likely gone if next season is at all like this one, this team is going to get expensive at some point. They’re out of time. Shit or get off the pot.

17. papapump

papapump Well-Known Member

Other than offensive linemen.

18. KingRoach

KingRoach Well-Known Member

Spoken like a true Jets fan. Hating the good (Jimmy being on the field) because of fear of the bad (Jimmy being injured aka off the field).

ColoradoContrails and LAJet like this.
  19. KingRoach

KingRoach Well-Known Member

The 3 he drafted, Becton, AVT, and Mitchell seem to be pretty good. Why do you suggest he can’t evaluate OL?

20. JetFanInNE

I dispute the notion of Jimmy being good when on the field but that’s just personal preference not based on much else other than Patriots bias