2022 Yankees Thread

Discussion in 'Baseball Forum' started by Cappy, Mar 15, 2021.

1. JackBower

JackBower Well-Known Member

I'm beyond sick of seeing #25 play on the Yankees. He's late, he's early, he chases, he guesses wrong. All of this in one at bat.

Boone dartboard lineup puts him behind Judge today. I would intentionally walk or hit judge every single time today.

And he will remind you at the end of this game he's also trash in the field.

#1801 JackBower, Jun 25, 2024 at 8:08 PM
    Last edited: Jun 25, 2024 at 9:18 PM
    Jonathan_Vilma likes this.
  2. Jonathan_Vilma

Jonathan_Vilma Well-Known Member

It still doesn’t make sense why Cabrera isn’t in the lineup every night somewhere in the field. He’s a good fielder and smart player on top of being an OK hitter that I suspect would find some consistency if he knew he was playing every day.

3. JackBower

Get.this.guy.off.the.fucking.field.

Allows a run on an error, now he doesn't run hard on a grounder that would have been close after judge hits a grand slam.

Put anyone else in, it does not matter. It's an embarrassment.

4. Dierking

Dierking Well-Known Member

Yankees really started to fall apart when DJ came back. He’s signed for 2 more years at 25 mill or something ridiculous like that. He’s got value as a late inning defensive replacement at multiple positions but he absolutely should not be getting major at bats. He can’t hit at all.

5. JackBower

https://x.com/TalkinYanks/status/1805784803704201612

You just got a shot of life and this is the effort you bring. He needs to be off the field. This isn't fandom saying DFA him now, even though I absolutely would. This is telling the team that effort level 25 showed is totally unacceptable.

Dierking likes this.
  6. typeOnegative13NY

typeOnegative13NY Well-Known Member

Thanks for coming back Dj. It’s a whole new ballgame now, heading towards another boonetastic finish.
    It’s embarrassing when a team like this can’t get their shit together, while teams with scrappy no names are climbing.

7. Jonathan_Vilma

Eh they have the 3rd best record in baseball and are separated from the leaders by essentially the loss column. It’s not too bad even though they’ve hit a bit of a skid.

I was talking to my uncle about them a couple weeks ago and I was like remember… with the start they got off to they’re still probably going to go 60-50 the rest of the way and still win 105 games.

typeOnegative13NY and JackBower like this.
  8. JackBower

I also think the catching situation is getting a little overblown. The red Sox have tons of speed and two players that already have over 20 steals. I dont think you can have Wells and Trevino in the same tandem, I personally don't see Wells sticking at catcher unless he shows he can throw people out which he's never been able to at any level.

Maybe it's wishful thinking but I think they can grab a defensive catcher easy enough. They can probably trade some middling prospects for relievers, but I think it would be wise to spend a little more for a top 2 bullpen type.​

9. typeOnegative13NY

typeOnegative13NY Well-Known Member

Hopefully it’s just a skid.

10. JackBower

Who's Rodon going to yell at for this one?

It's hard to not sound alarms, but the team is still good. They still need another bat and 2 bullpen arms, and internally they just need Cole to get going and to a lesser extent Verdugo.

Rodon was always going to be a #3 guy at best. That's why Stroman was, in my opinion, one of Cashman's best FA signings in a while excluding Judge.

#1810 JackBower, Jun 27, 2024 at 8:02 PM
    Last edited: Jun 27, 2024 at 8:12 PM
    Jonathan_Vilma likes this.
  11. Jonathan_Vilma

It’s scary how bad most of the lineup is though when you really watch them. I know Rizzo and Stanton are out and that’s Boone/Cashman’s excuse but Rizzo has been a dogshit Yankee.

I wonder if Boone could ever be innovative enough to split Judge and Soto up. They can both fend for themselves. Put Verdugo in between and see if you can get him going - Soto doesn’t really need protection with how good he is.