2022 Yankees Thread

Discussion in 'Baseball Forum' started by Cappy, Mar 15, 2021.

1. JackBower

JackBower Well-Known Member

I'm fine with it. He's a very good pitcher. People get too invested on of they like the guy or not. If he's hits woman or does illegal stuff, that's one thing... But I couldn't care less if he's sensitive or blocks people on Twitter.

Jonathan_Vilma likes this.
  2. typeOnegative13NY

typeOnegative13NY Well-Known Member

Some saying the yanks will sign snell. What grade would you give the offseason , considering the disappointing last season?

3. Jonathan_Vilma

Jonathan_Vilma Well-Known Member

I like the signing too but he was terrible in the second half so that’s a worry.
    This is another 90 win wild card team that only wins the WC game because Cole pitches that.

To expect Rodon/Stroman/Cortes to hold the fort all year long is scary. I honestly think Rodon is cooked. He’s another Ellsbury/Pavano type. Cashed in on a career year and will enjoy his $100 million plus at the expense of a 5 ERA the rest of the way.

The Yankees aren’t going to waste years where they have a top 5 position player (two this year) and the best pitcher in baseball because of their free agency work though. They’re going to waste those years because they struggle to develop meaningful talent if Dominguez/Wells don’t workout and Volpe is a .215 hitter for his career.

#1743 Jonathan_Vilma, Feb 16, 2024 at 5:56 PM
    Last edited: Feb 16, 2024 at 6:04 PM
    typeOnegative13NY likes this.
  4. typeOnegative13NY

typeOnegative13NY Well-Known Member

There’s a good chance , a year from now we are watching Cashman, Boone, saleh, Douglas, Rodgers folding tents.

I don’t get Suprised at the incompetence from the jets… but the Yankees? Too bad George wasn’t cryogenically preserved, so we could bring him out for a classic lashing