2022 Yankees Thread

Discussion in 'Baseball Forum' started by Cappy, Mar 15, 2021.

1. JackBower

JackBower Well-Known Member

Bader to the Reds.

Yankees also quietly announced the end of Franky Montas season, watch was a given in February. Another Cashman gem.

HomeoftheJets and bicketybam like this.
  2. bicketybam

bicketybam Well-Known Member

Cashman has to go.

HomeoftheJets likes this.
  3. typeOnegative13NY

typeOnegative13NY Well-Known Member

Cashman loves his injury prone players.

4. typeOnegative13NY

About time they start bringing up the youngsters. I’ve never understood why this team was never more reliant on their ability with that, instead of the constant stupid stuff like Giancarlo Stanton.

5. bicketybam

At least they are relatively entertaining to watch the past week or so.

6. JackBower

Add throwing to the list of things Stanton can't do anymore. My God what a terrible effort

7. HomeoftheJets

HomeoftheJets Well-Known Member

First Rizzo and now Dominguez. Run Trashman and the quacks he hired for the training staff out of town.

typeOnegative13NY likes this.
  8. typeOnegative13NY

A bow on a terribly disappointing season

9. JackBower

The batting averages in today's lineup.

[​IMG]

10. bicketybam

The season was a major disappointment but this was the 31st year in a row where the Yankees won more game than they lost. That's such an amazing stat. Yes it doesnt wash away the stink of this season but it's still something to marvel at.

Sucks they wasted a Cy Young season from Cole and another outstanding season from Judge. If they get rid of Cash and get someone with a clue they will be a set for the next 5 years. Do the right thing, Steingrabber

11. bicketybam

@dawinner127 Nothing?

dawinner127 likes this.
  12. dawinner127

dawinner127 Well-Known Member

I tuned out baseball in June, locked in Jets so early this year with everything only to have that ripped away in 4 plays. Crazy..

But, kind of Shocking it’s his only first Cy Young. He absolutely deserved it. No questions.

I don’t think they make a change with Boone or Cash this offseason which is crazy. It will be interesting to see what they do with Stanton. That guy can’t even run and there’s what, 3 years left on that deal? He’s really not even playable. Plays 80 games to get you 20 home runs, yeah it breaks out to 40 over 160 but how many of those home runs actually impact a game— 25%? Tough spot to be in. AL East is so freaking good

13. bicketybam

31 years straight with a winning record!

14. dawinner127

dawinner127 Well-Known Member

I mean great? That’s impressive Lol. But It was World Series or bust for them. Winning 82 games and missing the playoffs isn’t really something I would be happy with

15. bicketybam

Not having a losing season for as long as you've been alive has to mean something though!

16. JackBower

My off season wish list:

Sign one of the premier pitching free agents. Nestor can't be trusted and they only have 4-5 mlb starters if you include King, who I think deserves a spot.

Get at an effing left fielder. Enough with the bargain bin crap they have been pulling. It hasn't worked.

They need a CF too. I'd resign Bader, or just a defensive first CF that is available. No need to break the bank.

Stanton is hands down one if the worst hitters I've ever seen 4/5 out of the year. He can hit it a country mile and he hits 20 homers in 6-8 weeks, but other than that stretch it looks like he's never swung a bat. He can't hit breaking stuff and he can't hit a fast ball over 95 mph. Because of his contract he will most definitely be here and get a chance to play, but the leash has to be short. I'll bet by August of next year he's benched, I think he's shot.

I think they botched getting anything of immediate impact for Torres, and he played his best stretch of baseball since his 39 home run campaign. Keep him and get an idea of what it'll take to sign an extension.

DJ getting closer to his norm is really going to be important. If him, and Rizzo, suck the Yankees well suck.

Unfortunately I don't think much of this will happen and the Yankees are in for another year of meh. Cashman is a terrible GM and his press conference mid season showed me someone who's completely lost despite being on the job for two decades. The mid season trades were comical and only made to say he did something. He lost his blank check and now he can't do his job.

HomeoftheJets and bicketybam like this.
  17. JackBower

18. Jonathan_Vilma

Jonathan_Vilma Well-Known Member

I will just never understand your hate for Torres. I mean I do because he’s the anti-Jeter in being a lazy player but .260/25/70 with a greatly improved eye and strikeout to walk ratio this year. Trading him away is a net negative at second base.

The last two years aren’t that far off his first two years.

19. JackBower

I don't hate Torres, I don't think he's a winning player. I hate Stanton, it's a difference.

The Sox would need to give up much more than just Verdugo. At minimum, the Yankees are contractually obligated to way more infielders than outfielders... So I'm all in trading him if a starting out fielder in included.

20. JackBower

Looks like the Yankees are getting Verdugo for a bunch of mid.

If his personality doesn't cause him to implode, this is exactly the type of hitter the Yankees need. A contact hitting lefty with high on base and strikes out less than 100 times a year.