2022 Yankees Thread

Discussion in 'Baseball Forum' started by Cappy, Mar 15, 2021.

1. JackBower

JackBower Well-Known Member

Lance Diaz is terrible behind the plate.

2. Dierking

Dierking Well-Known Member

This HAS to be the year Boone and Cash get the axe. There’s just no excuse for a roster this bad.

3. HomeoftheJets

HomeoftheJets Well-Known Member

Boone might get the axe, but Cashman isn't going anywhere. Think about it, if Hal fires Cashman, then he has to spend the offseason looking for a GM, which will take away precious time that could otherwise be used to tally up the chicken bucket revenue.

4. bicketybam

bicketybam Well-Known Member

I thought George was bad back in the '70s but at least he wanted to win. This fucking guy doesn't even care about winning.

HomeoftheJets likes this.
  5. JackBower

They lost after leading 7-2?

Weird.

6. dawinner127

dawinner127 Well-Known Member

Boone is just going to be the fall guy for Cash this year. It was the hitting coach first, that didn't change anything. Now it's going to be Boone, that won't change anything either. Cash is just going to hire a new yes man to take his place.

They need to burn the entire thing to the ground. Does anyone actually expect them to trot out a different team next year either? They just spent their load on Judge this past offseason which was to lower the pitch forks from the fans. Do Yankees fans really expect them to go spend more money to make the team better? I don't.

7. bicketybam

Money isn't always the answer.

8. dawinner127

Oh, I know all about that :p However, outspending your mistakes is a good solution. Donaldson, Stanton and DJLM come to mind.

Yanks have 3 prospects in the top 100 according to ESPN right now. I'm not really sure what they were thinking not moving any of the current relief pitchers, Bader, or Torres at the deadline. Should have been a firesale IMO.

HomeoftheJets and bicketybam like this.
  9. bicketybam

Don't take this the wrong way as I swear I'm not busting balls.

What's going to save Cashman is the fact that the biggest disaster in NY sports right now is the Mets. It takes a bunch of pressure off of him. Just imagine if the Mets were in 1st place and looking like a WS contender while Cashman's Yankees are sitting in last place. The headlines would be all about the Amazin's while the Yankees are wallowing in the basement. That would have been perfect. But as luck would have it, the year the Yankees miss the playoffs, the Mets turn in one of the most epic collapses in all of baseball history. It blows my mind.

I want Cashman fired. He's fucking worthless. The team he's assembled is unwatchable. I haven't watched a game since they played the Mets and before that it had been weeks. Their team is built on a philosophy that just doesn't work.

#1689 bicketybam, Aug 14, 2023
    Last edited: Aug 14, 2023
  10. dawinner127

Nah, You’re 100% right.

I think the only thing that can hurt Cash right now is that Cohen and the Mets went full rebuild and Hal sees how the Mets sold out and threw in the towel and Cash didn’t do anything for the future. Yanks have some bad bad bad contracts at the moment and with the Judge deal, they were expecting to compete for the WS early in this deal (similar to the Cole deal), by the time they are ready to compete again that Judge deal will be half way over and Cole will be almost done with that contract. The only way to fix it right now is with more money and i just don’t think Hal is willing to do that. There are some really good pieces in FA this year that could help.

I would be shocked if Boone isn’t gone even though I don’t really think that changes anything when the guy up top remains the same.

Off topic a little, but your post made me think about this for some reason. It’s honestly such a shame from where we were back in March here in NY.

Knicks and Nets in the playoffs.
    Rangers devils islanders all in the playoffs.
    High hopes for both baseball teams.

Now? Baseball over by August. Imagine if the football teams aren’t competitive? Oh boy.

11. bicketybam

What can hurt Cash is when the stadium is more than half empty for the foreseeable future. I don't understand why anyone would want to go to a game other than to see Judge play or Cole pitch.

You are right about this year's NY sports scene. I was expecting an exciting spring and the Rangers flamed out early. The Knicks were somewhat entertaining through.

I really expect the Jets to be competitive this year. Super Bowl? Most likely not. Everything would have to go perfectly. But for the first time in forever I expect to see them playing football in January. And I expect them to win a playoff game.

12. HomeoftheJets

I think there are too many casuals/tourists for Yankee Stadium to not fill up. Which means Hal will get his chicken bucket revenue, and that's all that matters to him.

13. JackBower

Sevvy is like a sheep for the slaughter with this start. Almost feel bad for him.

14. GREG

GREG Well-Known Member

15. HomeoftheJets

The Yankees are losing 7-1 to the Red Sox. Chicken buckets are being sold. Hal is happy.

16. typeOnegative13NY

typeOnegative13NY Well-Known Member

It’s pretty amazing that none of sherzer, verlander, degrom, or Thor are on that team any more. And that there is talk of trading Alonzo .
    But still, I have never been this disappointed in a Yankees team, while also half way expecting this with the building mentality. No character .

bicketybam likes this.
  17. JackBower

First time in I think my life I've just totally stopped watching the Yankees. In college I didn't watch as many games yearly, but still caught at least one or two a week.

I just gameday check to see what Judge does every night because the only thing I have going is I hope he beats out all Red Sox in home runs.

4 runs in their past 4 games combined.

#1697 JackBower, Aug 19, 2023
    Last edited: Aug 19, 2023
  18. Dierking

Dierking Well-Known Member

Donaldson cut. Can’t tell how much I’m gonna miss that guy.

19. JackBower

After the Bader and Torres debate, Torres hit the ball well while still making stupid mistakes and Bader fell off a cliff and got waived.

Still think he has value as a center fielder.

20. HomeoftheJets

Torres will always be an idiot at times, but you win with consistency and durability. Also why Cashman should never have traded Montgomery for Bader in the first place.

JackBower likes this.