2022 Yankees Thread

Discussion in 'Baseball Forum' started by Cappy, Mar 15, 2021.

1. Jonathan_Vilma

Jonathan_Vilma Well-Known Member

Yanks looked good again tonight. Angels lose their pitcher after yacking on the mound and they squeeze out three runs against the 28th ranked pitching staff (ERA) in the league. Six hits against a team that allows 8.5 a game.

Ohtani might strike out 20 on Wednesday.

#201 Jonathan_Vilma, Jun 28, 2021
    Last edited: Jun 29, 2021
  2. matt robinson 17

matt robinson 17 Well-Known Member

Time to fire Boon and Cashman
    Put Gardner out of our misery

HomeoftheJets and bicketybam like this.
  3. JackBower

JackBower Well-Known Member

Unless they get swept this week, I don't think Boone is going anywhere.

I just hope they realize they need to be sellers at the deadline, and balance the order out with lefties and average/contact guys. Yankees need guys that can get hits, plenty of OBP but we make 0 solid contact.

I don't know the stat, but I wouldnt be surprised if they lead the league in ground balls. I did see we only had 11 doubles all year with RISP, that's insane.

4. Jonathan_Vilma

They should've built the lineup like teams have built around LeBron and Giannis. Adding contact hitters throughout the roster is like giving those guys a bevy of three point shooters.

Cashman loves home runs and walks though.

5. matt robinson 17

Gardner every fuckin game is an insult to Yank fans

6. Dierking

Dierking Well-Known Member

Are you allowed to let the pitcher hit and use your DH in place of your center fielder? Serious question.

matt robinson 17 likes this.
  7. matt robinson 17

Gardner couldn’t hit the floor if he fell out of bed

8. Jonathan_Vilma

The Yankees need to be sellers at the deadline minus ripping off a miraculous run over the next 30 days and the Rays/Sox crumble which I doubt happens. Sale is projected to be back in mid-late July and the Sox are poised for a WS run if they can add another arm in addition to him. The Blue Jays top 4 on offense/top 3 in the rotation will keep them afloat and battling for the 3/4 with a potential push to 2 and they have no one to sell on the roster really because they're pretty young.

The Rays are doing what the Rays do with their own moneyball style with a million mix and match relievers.

There's just no way the Yanks string together enough to make the playoffs. Even if they aren't massive sellers, it would be a good chance to dump Chapman's salary and get some prospects back for LeMahieu. I'd honestly like to see them tear the whole blue wall down but they won't.

9. Dierking

Dierking Well-Known Member

Well that sucked.

10. JackBower

It's the worse inning of the year, but I'm not upset. Mostly numb.

The season conditioned me to not care. This is the worst yankee team since the mid 90's

11. JackBower

The Yankees must lead the majors in ground balls

12. Jonathan_Vilma

https://www.espn.com/mlb/story/_/id...man-amid-struggles-stinging-loss?platform=amp

As critical as I've been over the players and roster construction, the manager isn't helping anything. Jerry Recco parroted the stat this morning that this past week was the first time all season the Yankees had the same lineup in back to back games.

That's unbelievable. Combine it with their load management bullshit with Judge and Stanton and not putting Stanton in left field which negates their ability to DH Sanchez when Cole pitches and you have poor roster management to go along with bad roster construction.

Lindor has struggled a ton this year but the guys in the lineup every day (missed one game I think?). Judge needs to be in the lineup every day. Stanton needs to play the field. Urshela, Gleyber, Voit, and LeMaheiu do not need a day or two off a week. Gardner needs to be a pinch hitter at most and realistically shouldn't even be on the roster anymore.

Chapman needs more work and can't go weeks at a time without pitching. Chad Green should be the big spot reliever at all times regardless if that's the 5th inning or the 8th, with Loaisaga mixed in sporadically.

It's not that fucking hard. This team needs a kick in the ass. And Evan/Carton brought up a good point - Judge needs to demand to be in the lineup against a big time pitcher like Ohtani even though they lit him up (and lost the game anyway) without him.

JackBower likes this.
  13. JackBower

Everytime I put on the Yankees for a little, they groundball to 3rd or short 80 percent of the time.

I wish someone could get the stats on groundballs to the left side, I feel we lead the league.

#213 JackBower, Jul 4, 2021
    Last edited: Jul 4, 2021
  14. JackBower

Terrible pitch selection on that alonso hr

15. JackBower

Taking greene out after 1 out for Chapman who has a 30 ERA lately.

Im on the fire Boone bandwagon now.

16. HomeoftheJets

HomeoftheJets Well-Known Member

Boone is a scapegoat, the real problem is Cashman. And provided my theory that Cole and Chapman were using sticky stuff is correct, Cashman giving them those contracts is a fireable offense.

17. JackBower

Agreed, Cashman also needs to go. Even without the sticky stuff issue, the roster is constructed terribly offensively and in the field

18. HomeoftheJets

HomeoftheJets Well-Known Member

I have to give Cashman credit for putting together the 2017-2020 teams, so I'd be hesitant to fire him just because this year's team is .500. But if Cole can't figure it out, which means Cashman saddled the Yankees with one of the worst contracts of all time, Cashman needs to go.

19. Jonathan_Vilma

They both need to go honestly. Boone was never the right man for the job and while I wasn't a huge Girardi fan, he's always been a solid manager who managed the bullpen well.

The team was on the right track and then went all in on Chapman (fired shots at his fucking girlfriend and bought his way out of it), re-upped Aaron Hicks (not a horrible contract but why and why 7 friggain years?) and just had to have the $300 million man.

Signing Cole even with knowledge of the sticky stuff is fine. It's rumored to have been pretty much the entire major leagues that uses it. If pitchers were smart they'd lobby to stop replacing balls every time it hits the dirt. It will give them more grip. Tough to have foreseen a sudden ban on it but Cole handled himself like a deer in the headlights about the whole thing. Bad job by the Yankees media team getting him ready.

Boone is just a yes man who accepts the lineup card from the analytics department every night. But they need a breath of fresh air and maybe change up that strategy and let the manager manage.

20. The Dark Knight

The Dark Knight Well-Known Member

Yankees win! Happy 4th of July! :confused: