2022 - Week 14: New York Jets at Buffalo Bills

Discussion in 'New York Jets' started by Brook!, Dec 4, 2022.

?

Who will win?

Poll closed Dec 11, 2022.
  1. Jets

42.3%
  2. Bills

57.7%
  1. Jets-N-Terps

Jets-N-Terps Well-Known Member

Jets79 likes this.
  2. NYJ1970

NYJ1970 Well-Known Member

Honestly, my feeling about this game is that there's a lot more on the line than just the game.

Last weekend, IMO, was the first I saw the Jets be simply not good enough. I believe we got beat by a BETTER team. I don't know if that true, I just know that's how I felt.

As the end of the season approaches, we're in the heat of the playoff run. I get a very uncomfortable feeling that says we're still 2 to 3 players away? I don't want that to be true. But more than anything I do NOT want the Jets to fall into that Neverending abyss of PARODY. I started to get those very uncomfortable feelings after the Minnesota game.

Honestly, I'm scared. And you should be too.

That abyss of parody is a very real thing. It says that we're NEVER bad enough to be picking high enough in the draft to get true difference makers. Difference makers is what you need to make your team climb out of the parody trap. You're also never GOOD enough to know your team has a real chance at winning a championship.

Now I hope I'm overreacting, but remember our not so distant memory. Going into the 2010 season I was convinced the Jets had a chance at the Superbowl if Mark Sanchez could improve. Well, we all know what happened with that team. Mark Sanchez was hot garbage (a LOT like Zach Wilson has been) and here we are still wondering what could have been. That team is forever known as a SB ready team less the QB.

That's why IMO this game against Buffalo holds so much more meaning that what people are reading from face value. Winning this weekend PROVES the Jets may actually have a QB. The Jets MAY have what it takes to win it all.

Because Honestly this team has been on such a meteoric rise this season that nobody ever knew when it was going to end? Nobody ever knew what they were/weren't capable of.

What I know is winning this weekend and putting the favorites to win the SB on notice. Puts the entire league on notice. It's proof affirmative that the players NEED to consistently keep fighting with all of their mite to WIN. Because they'll know there's a Lombardi at the end of this run.

I don't want to be right about what I said. I know any Jets fan DOES NOT want what I posted above to be correct. I know the Jets players don't want what I posted to be correct.

Bottom line is EVERYONE needs to know that this weekend is an enormously important for the psyche of Jets nation. Everyone meaning we're in the psychological process just like the players.

I need to this Jets team to break the mold and that starts with beating the Buffalo Bills this weekend......

#82 NYJ1970, Dec 8, 2022
    Last edited: Dec 8, 2022
  3. mrjet80

mrjet80 Well-Known Member

Sunday is still 72 hours away a lot can change….alot of teams are going through this. If this bug hit Saturday night in the team hotel that would be bad. But early in the week? Not so much and they can always give these players the same steroid shots - or whatever they are - that we get when we go to the walk in clinic to speed up the process …

twown likes this.
  4. GREG

GREG Well-Known Member

It's a huge game for all of the obvious reasons. But JD has done a fantastic job building this roster with the exception of QB (so far). The Jets are trending up and I expect many winning seasons coming up. Competing for the division, playoffs and ultimately the Super Bowl. As for this game and season I expect the Jets to lose Sunday. Even with the loss of Von the Bills are healthier now then the first time they played the Jets. It's also in their house and that atmosphere will be insane. It will be like a playoff game. I do think the Jets will finish either 3-2 or 4-1 (10 or 11 wins) and clinch a WC spot. They will be playing on WC weekend and who knows maybe it will be round 3 against the Bills or Dolphins.

5. The Waterboy

The Waterboy Well-Known Member

Yes, the Jets have been a parody of a football team for quite a while

ukjetsfan, NYJ1970 and NY Jets68 like this.
  6. abyzmul

abyzmul R.J. MacReady, 2018 Funniest Member Award Winner

If the Jets win this game, I won't doubt them for the rest of the season, even with those 2 Pats losses.

ukjetsfan and BrowningNagle like this.
  7. CotcheryFan

CotcheryFan 2018 ROTY Poster Award Winner

It's not often when we're the only team in the division to not lose back to back games after 13 weeks. That might very well change after this game.

8. Losmeister

Losmeister Well-Known Member

question:

Is it me? Or Do garrett and elijah have near ZERo CONTESTED catches?

9. ukjetsfan

ukjetsfan Well-Known Member

If we win, the division title is back in play. Obviously this is our last shot at being in contention for the division, but that would have seemed outlandish going into the season.

I have no idea what to expect. I wouldn't be truly surprised by any result at all, it's been that kind of season. All is not lost if we lose, but it will start to feel like it's slipping away, I think.

10. GREG

GREG Well-Known Member

I don't think the season is slipping away if they lose. Obviously, the division is gone but the WC is still in play. The two home games are must wins vs DET and JAC. Get a split at SEA or MIA and 10 wins probably gets them in.

11. KY Jets Fan

KY Jets Fan Moderator

Jets rocking the pickle pants on Sunday.

Brook! likes this.
  12. KY Jets Fan

KY Jets Fan Moderator

Also, big time injury news for this game.

Bills without Phillips is already a nice boost for us but if they're without Milano too? Would be massive for us and their front 7.

13. KY Jets Fan

KY Jets Fan Moderator

Looks like most of our guys got over the Flu bug that hit the team earlier this week.

Good to hear!

Hopefully Clemons can be ready to go by game time too.

Jets-N-Terps, NY Jets68 and Brook! like this.
  14. BrowningNagle

BrowningNagle Well-Known Member

15. BrowningNagle

Dion Dawkins (LT) will play though. I hope they challenge that ankle early and often off the edge

16. GREG

GREG Well-Known Member

17. BrowningNagle

GREG likes this.
  18. GREG

GREG Well-Known Member

True but this is also a huge game for the Bills as well. They want to win the division and protect that #1 seed. I guess we will find out later today or possibly even a game time decision.

19. dawinner127

dawinner127 Well-Known Member

Saw this earlier from Nania about the Bills OL and thought I would share.

Brook!, KY Jets Fan and NY Jets68 like this.