2022 - Week 14: New York Jets at Buffalo Bills

Discussion in 'New York Jets' started by Brook!, Dec 4, 2022.

?

Who will win?

Poll closed Dec 11, 2022.
  1. Jets

42.3%
  2. Bills

57.7%
  1. bicketybam

bicketybam Well-Known Member

White can't push the ball down field. It's pretty obvious. That's not his forte.

ColoradoContrails likes this.
  2. cval

cval Well-Known Member

Zach played better in his Buffalo game that Mike White played in his. Mike White did not play poorly and made some real good throws. It was more of a Garrett Wilson performance than a Mike White performance. Those big hits and sacks Zach just wouldn't take.

There is no way Mike White will be ready to play next week. He finished the game today on adrenaline and drugs.

It was gutsy performance but again MLF is horrible and almost got the kid killed.

3. NYJetsO12

NYJetsO12 Well-Known Member

Hmmm..so put Mike Whites brain into Zach Wilsons body?? Well Ok CC Ill sign up for that heh

4. ColoradoContrails

ColoradoContrails Well-Known Member

I said "some" Mike White supporters. If I had meant you I would've said that directly.

Maybe "perfect" isn't the word they use, but they defend every mistake he makes and fail to hold him accountable.

I'm not saying anyone is wrong for liking how he's performed on balance, but he hasn't done anything to make me believe he can be a "difference maker". Can he? Maybe. I just haven't seen it from him. I'd LOVE to see it. I'd love to see him pull a "Kurt Warner" and go from "zero to hero", but I've seen no evidence that he can do that. But if he does I'll be thrilled.

And I've read and weighed every single thing you've written, but just because I disagree with some of it doesn't make that a problem does it? It's a debate. I think I've supported everything I've said with evidence to support my POV. Doesn't make me infallibly right, and if I see where I'm wrong I'll admit it.

I think I've done the best I can do at making my point here. No hard feelings.

5. Wahoo

Wahoo Well-Known Member

Look I’m not a Wilson guy by any means. I think he’s been nothing but terrible. But thinking that White is the future is not supported by any evidence. I saw him with the ball in his hands last week with the chance to win the game and didn’t get it done. I saw him this week with the ball in his hands and a chance to tie and didn’t get it done. We’ve had terrible QB play, so mediocre play looks like something, but that’s not going to cut it in this league. The New York Jets do not have a quarterback, and in the modern NFL that’s a fucking death sentence

6. ColoradoContrails

Yeah, this "proves" we're wrong.:rolleyes:

bicketybam likes this.
  7. IIMeanDeanII

IIMeanDeanII Well-Known Member

Then maybe my bar Is that low at this point. Maybe I'm settling. Maybe.

However. I don't think so. I think Mike White Is a QB that can be In the Kirk Cousins mold.. Cousins Isn't flashy but he's consistent.

So, give me consistency. To me, that's a MASSIVE difference from what we've had at the position.

So, to me, that does quantify a difference maker. Define It how you may, that's how I feel about It.

Mike White has consistent production at the position. His QB play Isn't potential. It's real.

..and I will take that reality over potential almost every time.

8. NYJetsO12

NYJetsO12 Well-Known Member

Can someone tell me how we are capable of beating any other team over the next 4 weeks??

Our star DL QW is hurt. Zach is a head case and has an immature attitude, Mike White a physically broken man and Flacco a washed up QB

Do I hear Strevelor to the rescue?? I mean what do we have to lose??

My initial thought in September was were due to lose 16 games

So truth be told we are playing with House Money..and Saleh wants to make us all happy with a playoff appearance

Considering the competition down the stretch ..a rather vaunting task my friends

9. bicketybam

Did White go to *the* Ohio State University?

10. IIMeanDeanII

..and for the Zach Wilson part. He Is the definition of potential at every aspect of the QB position.

Yeah, he has made tight window throws. On occasion. It's not consistent. Let me know when he can do It on a weekly basis.

Command of the huddle? Fuck his quote, I see the whole offense wearing Mike Effing White shirts.... I see players passive aggressively taking shots at their QB. I don't buy that one. Neither of us can definitely say one way or another any way. So It's a moot point.

There Is a difference between playing within the offense and playing conservative. Playing In the offense Is taking what the defense gives you. Playing conservative Is a by product of a QB that doesn't know what the fuck he's looking at on the field and has made so many fucking mistakes up to that point, where now he has convinced himself that since he can't read what he's seeing, If his first read Isn't there, he's better off being conservative so he doesn't turn the ball over. It's just a QB not knowing how to properly do their job on a mental and fundamental level.

He has consistently played like dog shit, he doesn't look better than Sam Darnold even... Not even close. That's a bad look. He HASN'T been consistent In these areas, which Is exactly WHY he has been replaced.

So, I'm not sure what we are debating there either at this point.

11. JackBower

JackBower Well-Known Member

White: 7.4 yards per attempt in 2022. Tied for 12th

Wilson: 6.8 yards per attempt in 2022. Dead last.

I do agree big down field throws are not his thing, but he's also statistically the best on the team at it.

12. IIMeanDeanII

After this, did you feel real confident on It?

I mean, like, even now as you are reading this. You feel like this was the one, eh?

Although... This kind of helps me understand why you think Zach Wilson Is good.

So, It wasn't all bad. Kudos.

13. ColoradoContrails

What I thought we were debating - or at least I was - is that MW isn't as good as so many proclaim him to be. I'm done arguing Wilson's case - until he gets on the field and shows me that there's any reason to defend him.

As I said, I've done my best to try and point out objectively where I saw a number of mistakes that White made today and against the Vikings, and while they may not have singlehandedly cost us these games, they didn't win tow very winnable games either. I'll take White' performances over Zach's too, but that's a very low bar and what other choice do we have?

Wahoo and IIMeanDeanII like this.
  14. IIMeanDeanII

I still disagree. Did Mike White have a turnover on the day? Zach did. On a sack. BTW.

I doubt he plays next week too but I'm hopeful.

15. IIMeanDeanII

Thank you. I literally got lost In translation somewhere.

Mike White Isn't as bad as you make him out to be either though. Can he be the guy? I think so. I think the team rallies around him, I think his production Is there, I think he is smart, high football IQ, very accurate, good production and stats. Doesn't look lost and has been relatively consistent for us so far.

Mistakes, all players make them. The thing Is, he didn't make the costly mistakes. That's the key. Be productive. Don't make the costly mistakes.

He's doing that.

So I guess that's where we differ. I believe Mike White played good enough In both games to win those games. I think we should be 3-0 with Mike White under center. I feel that way because I believe he has played well enough In every game to give us that chance to win.

So I guess I would like you to change my mind there because I'm not sure where you point to In order to derail those statements.

EDIT: I'm sure you are going to point to the two INT's In the Vikings game. I don't think the first one was on Mike White. It was fluky. The last one was a desperate throw at a desperate juncture In the game. So I still think, despite those INTs, we should've won that game. He did enough to win that game.

16. bicketybam

Dude, are you hammered? Ok, I am but even I know when to hit the delete button.

17. IIMeanDeanII

This Is gaslighting. Nice.

18. bicketybam

After this did you feel real confident on It?

19. JackBower

JackBower Well-Known Member

Zach did not play better than white did today. The only thing he had that was better we completion percentage on almost 20 less passes. He did have a TD pass, but also a fumble. Zach played OK in that game.

Wilson had a defense that got 2 picks, multiple fumbles (no recoveries), 5 plus sacks, and 175 plus yards rushing so the Oline came to play. It was also like 50 and sunny?

White got 0 picks from the D, 3 sacks, less than 80 yards rushing, and almost murdered behind the Oline. Not to mention it was raining/snowing in before freezing temps.

From a yards per attempt view they were even... But if you look at the whole game I can't see how anyone could say Zach had a better game then White.

20. ColoradoContrails

That's the point: he didn't win us those games. Did he play well enough to keep us in them? Yes, but that doesn't equal a "W" and that's what we need.

But he's the best we've got right now, so "Go Mike Fuckin White!" That doesn't make him good, it makes him adequate. And compared to the shit we've had for QBs in the past decade+ that seems like really good. It's not. He needs to step it up and win some close games. That's what my definition of "difference maker" is. If he isn't, oh well. He's giving it his all there is no question, but just because you try really hard doesn't make you really good.

And let me say that MLF certainly has to take a share of the blame here. He should know what MW can and can't do and call more plays suited to his strengths, which I don't think he does enough.

Yes the blame goes all the way around. Just saying - AGAIN - that White for all his toughness and willingness hasn't shown that he's capable of carrying the team to wins when he needs to. Doesn't make him terrible, just makes him not the answer.

bicketybam likes this.