2022 - Week 14: New York Jets at Buffalo Bills

Discussion in 'New York Jets' started by Brook!, Dec 4, 2022.

?

Who will win?

Poll closed Dec 11, 2022.
  1. Jets

42.3%
  2. Bills

57.7%
  1. ColoradoContrails

ColoradoContrails Well-Known Member

Turfing a couple of balls; throwing behind receivers; taking sacks instead of throwing it away; throwing meaningless checkdown completions that don't stop the clock. All things that people have crucified Wilson for - rightfully. Surprised you couldn't see them.

Losmeister and bicketybam like this.
  2. 50ShadesOfGreen

50ShadesOfGreen Well-Known Member

At this point if Mike is out and Zach starts, then we can just hope for the best. It's proven this team can only win if it just runs the ball instead of relying on the arm of a QB all the time.

3. bicketybam

bicketybam Well-Known Member

He was barely able to do it in the last two games.

How can a smart football guy be so blind? I think I know, lol.

4. Linebacker712

Linebacker712 Well-Known Member

Half this board wants to completely clean house: Fire Salah and the coaching staff, fire JD, let White walk at the end of the year. We're 7-6 in the 2nd year of a rebuild, but the way this board acts, it's like we're 0-13.

5. bicketybam

It's sad they can't see the double standard. Just think if that was Wilson today. We would have 2000 posts on how he lost the game.

ColoradoContrails likes this.
  6. westiedog1

westiedog1 Well-Known Member

The Jet defense came to play today and kudos to them for playing well the whole game even after Williams went down. Getting a 3 and out on Buffalo's first possession was big, but the Jet offense needed to make a statement there and couldn't. Allen is a major talent. If he can't beat you with the pass he'll beat you with the run and that was the difference. Mike White is strictly a pocket passer, and that's okay when you have weapons. Credit Buffalo with playing a good smart game. They didn't light us up, but they didn't beat themselves. Our defense could have used some takeaways but didn't get any. Typical Jets luck to have the blocked punt go through the endzone. Jets can hold their heads up, they played a close game against a very good team at their home in tough conditions.

7. 50ShadesOfGreen

50ShadesOfGreen Well-Known Member

Zach had only 4 passing TD during that 5-2 start. Who is to really blame and if MW couldn't 'punch it in' the past 2 games as well?

Nyjets4eva likes this.
  8. ColoradoContrails

And yet you don;t see that you're doing exactly what you've criticized Wilson supporters of doing?

I won't speak for others, but while I have defended Zach, I've also acknowledged his shortcomings and mistakes and agree it was time for him to sit - and to still sit assuming White can play. But you're defending White like he did no wrong, like he's the second coming of Namath. Talk about one sided!

9. JackBower

JackBower Well-Known Member

Actually it would have been one of his best games as a pro, just like White's game against the Vikings and the bears. Wilson would have had arguably the top 3 games of his career.

#229 JackBower, Dec 11, 2022
    Last edited: Dec 11, 2022
  10. IIMeanDeanII

IIMeanDeanII Well-Known Member

He turfed the balls because he didn't have anywhere to go with It and wasn't trying to get his receiver killed. There IS a massive difference between the two.
    Throwing behind receivers? Riiiiiight.... Dude has been accurate for us.. A lot better than 55% In career completion percentage. That doesn't matter though, eh?
    Taking sacks... really? Zach Wilson runs a mile the other way and still gets sacked... Mike White gets let down by his OL on several plays but he took an unnecessary sack?
    Checkdowns are a valuable tool for any QB. It's a staple In this offense. It's something that allows for your playmakers to get those much needed YAC yards..What?

Alright. The biased Is real within you, Sir.

I love you as a poster but I think I will just agree to disagree at this point with you.

Go Jets.

I'm team Mike White.

Definitely not going to apologize for It. He's my QB. Period.

SOJAZ likes this.
  11. IIMeanDeanII

I can actually point to production and good games. Proper technique. A guy who can actually see the field. A guy that the team Is completely behind. A guy that will take on broken ribs and still come back to try and find a way to play hard for this team and fans. I can point to better offensive production with MW under center. Fundamentals are better. Arm Is more than good enough to play In this league. A guy that hasn't been the reason for us losing more times than not. He's been consistent and has been getting better as we go.

No. You and I are not the same In that way.

Sorry.

12. ColoradoContrails

Careful there Westie. Getting dangerously close to criticizing Mike "Fuckin" White!

13. Acad23

Acad23 Well-Known Member

Woulda been nice to have a QB with some legs today...

Get Streveler suited up for a "change up" when we are stalling.

Throw a curveball ffs... :mad:

ColoradoContrails likes this.
  14. IIMeanDeanII

How was that critical?

Mike White Is a pocket passer. Is that a bad thing now?

Mike White does have weapons around him... Is that a bad thing that he Is a pocket passer who allows his playmakers to make plays?

I'm so confused.

15. bicketybam

Can you spell "STAN?"

16. ColoradoContrails

From how I saw it he didn't "turf" those balls intentionally. Maybe if I watch the replay I'll see it differently but it looked like just plain old bad passes. They happen. Except when Wilson does it it's "proof" he can't throw short passes.

Sure White has been accurate, but he made some bad throws today.

Do you remember when WHite was "in the grasp", got loose and tried to scramble and had a chance to throw it away but didn't and then got sacked? Yeah, the OL let him down - just like they've let Wilson down numerous times.

And yet AGAIN, I say, White is the better QB now. Somehow you "translate" that into "I hate Mike White". SMH.

bicketybam likes this.
  17. ColoradoContrails

Are you now missing sarcasm?

18. IIMeanDeanII

It's not a double standard when Wilson's best day doesn't even look remotely close to the performance Mike White put out today...

If Wilson could actually be a competent QB, be productive In the same ways, get the ball to his playmakers, get more than 2 yards In a half of football...

I'd be supporting him just as hard. He's never looked good. I've been saying It well before he was drafted.

It can't be a double standard when the comparison Is so lopsided.

If Wilson could ACTUALLY pull off games like these, I'd be just as thrilled, I'd be team, Zach Wilson..

That likely will never be the case. For more than obvious reasoning.

19. IIMeanDeanII

Honestly. It's very hard to tell because I feel like I'm In the fucking twilight zone right now.

I can not comprehend how our offense has looked significantly better with MW In at QB, yet, this Is the type of shit we are talking about.

Mike White Is solidifying why he should be given a proper chance. Week In. Week out.

...yet, we are debating this as If he Is the worst QB we've seen In a Jets uni. It's wild.

The dude looks light years better than Zach Wilson ever did.

So, forgive me If I'm a little slow on the uptick of this debate we are having currently.

20. JetFanInPA

JetFanInPA Well-Known Member

He's made plenty of downfield throws accurately. Arm strength isn't his strength but he has more than enough to win games.