2022 Prospects to look at

Discussion in 'Draft' started by GasedAndConfused, May 5, 2021.

1. Rockinz

Rockinz Well-Known Member

It’s always good to have picks. However, hitting on those picks is what counts! This is where it gets sticky with trading back. In theory for a GM with a good draft record trading back can work. In our situation I think we need stud impact players that can start day 1. We got lucky with with a few picks this year where I can see the potential of impact players. JDs career falls on last years and this years draft. Those players need to make us a contender if this rebuild is for real.

so basically if JD is gonna have the confidence to trade back he better deal with the consequences of not hitting on those extra picks when you could of had a higher graded player. But if he does hit on the extra picks and moving down pick. Well then we are excellent hands and this rebuild is for real.

2. MaximusD163

MaximusD163 Well-Known Member

The Jets are still talent starved enough that for the most part they don’t have to target a specific position. They will have high enough picks that even with a trade back there will be a high quality player available from at least one position of need. The Jets need help in literally every position group so go ahead and trade back if a decent package is available. If the team building strategy and future roster maintenance is draft centric, you should take opportunities to accumulate future picks when available. As it stands the Jets only have 6 picks in 2023 and they won’t have a Jamal Adams or a Sam Darnold to fleece another team into more high picks, and they won’t be getting any compensatory picks soon yet either.

Jonathan_Vilma likes this.
  3. Jonathan_Vilma

Jonathan_Vilma Well-Known Member

Trading back with the second first round pick seems like a must, assuming we can get Hutchinson at 3-5. There’s too much talent in this years draft once again at positions that we need to fill in the mid rounds.

4. MaximusD163

I agree, here’s hoping someone out there gets desperate for a prospect. If you play your cards right you could get an extra second even. An extra 1st seems unrealistic in a weak QB draft though.

Jonathan_Vilma likes this.
  5. WoodyHarrelson

WoodyHarrelson Well-Known Member

Garrett Wilson looks like a OBJ out there without the attitude. Could certainly be the first pick we take in this pass happy league.

6. Jonathan_Vilma

It’d be great if someone is dying to take Corral. I like Corral a lot but he does not have an above average NFL arm. Average I’d say and won’t make spectacular throws. Pro comparison for me is Dak but I could see a franchise falling in love with the intangibles and moving up.

I’m firmly on the Wilson train. A friend who is an Ohio State fan has made the CeeDee Lamb comparisons and I called him crazy a couple weeks ago until I locked in on him. He’s unbelievable.

7. MaximusD163

The Jets shouldn’t be ignoring WR’s although it is my personal stance that you can pretty much always find a WR in the 2nd round that has at least 1 skill they are very very good at. I tend to think you can build a nasty WR corps with like four day 2 picks instead of one 1st round guy.

8. Jonathan_Vilma

I think the class has evolved to be deep enough to get a stud in the 34-38 range we’ll be picking in round two. If it was a weak class I’d be more inclined to want one in round one. Treylon Burks from Arkansas might be somewhat of a generational talent. Check him out if you haven’t. He’s a fast DeAndre Hopkins (massive hands) who runs a full route tree. Absolute matchup nightmare in the NFL for nearly every corner.

9. WoodyHarrelson

Why? You really think Denzel Mims and freaking Corey Davis are the long term answers? Garrett Wilson is a Calvin Ridley instant impact player.

10. CotcheryFan

CotcheryFan 2018 ROTY Poster Award Winner

I like Bell as a round 2 pick, not sure if he'll last that long though. Jameson Williams is intriguing, he was in a crowded WR room at Ohio State, so he transferred to Alabama and has made an impact this year.

11. MaximusD163

I haven’t dug in on any WR’s yet. I will say, after the 2020, 2021, and now 2022 WR class quality, I’m beginning to wonder if it’s just the new norm of what will be available each year. We were all so excited about 2020, but now 3 years in a row?

12. MaximusD163

No it’s just a general team building strategy. I think it’s one of the best aspects of how the Steelers draft. Always a loaded receiver room, but never take them in the 1st round. Claypool, Johnson, Smith-Schuster, goes back a long way with them.

13. Jonathan_Vilma

Seriously dude. It was supposed to be a weak skill position draft and it looks great now.

Are you watching the Michigan game? Hutch is fucking dominating. 3 sacks and counting.

Red Menace likes this.
  14. WoodyHarrelson

First two picks
    -Aidan
    -Garrett Wilson

15. Jonathan_Vilma

At this point I think Hutchinson is the #1 pick. He’s outplayed Thibs against higher quality offensive linemen in the Big Ten.

I do like Wilson but I prefer Burks.

WoodyHarrelson likes this.
  16. Red Menace

Red Menace Well-Known Member

Imagine if the referees actually called the holding penalties that Ohio State is committing on him?

His impact would not be just sacks but literally moving them back on offense through holding penalties!

17. WoodyHarrelson

Was my fear as well. esp with the Michigan connection with the lions.

18. Jonathan_Vilma

His first step is probably the third best I’ve ever seen coming out to Von Miller and Nick Bosa. I’d venture to say his hands are the best I’ve ever seen out of a prospect. He does not let tackles engage him.

Red Menace likes this.
  19. WoodyHarrelson

Jameson Williams is very average. Bell is a nice player imo

20. Red Menace

Red Menace Well-Known Member

The Bosa comparison is a good one, looks like he came out of the same mold. If Jets have chance to draft him they have to take him, guys is an impact player, which is what they need.

CotcheryFan likes this.