2022 Prospects to look at

Discussion in 'Draft' started by GasedAndConfused, May 5, 2021.

1. KY Jets Fan

KY Jets Fan Moderator

A guy I love for us as a potential Berrios replacement is Wan'Dale Robinson, who could probably be had in the 3rd-4th round range.

I think he could immediately replace Berrios' production both at WR and as a returner and has a much higher ceiling.

GasedAndConfused likes this.
  2. GasedAndConfused

GasedAndConfused Well-Known Member

I wouldn't spend a 1st on an OG in this draft personally. ti's plenty deep to find a good starter in the 2nd/3rd at RG.
    as far as CB goes, I could be on board with adding a vet for sure. i didn't count FA but noted that we have money and can fill holes that way too
    as far as 3rd best in the top 5 it's not quite the case. Our 2nd pick right now is at 8 (was at 7 when I did this) so it would be taking a top 10 overall player at around 7-8. he just happens to be the 3rd best rusher but so what it's a stacked class at the top for edge rushers.

Realistically I don't think we wind up better then 4. hou, jax, and det will pick before us. det and houston likely take the top 2 edges while jax should take neal to protect tlaw. that leaves us with a trade down If someone wants to move up or we take hamilton who would be BPA. with our 2nd pick not sure where it winds up being so well have to see. seattle is kinda up and down

3. KingRoach

KingRoach Well-Known Member

I think #1 is a semi realistic possibility. I’m rooting for Cleveland and Washington tonight/tomorrow looking at SOS.

The Jets are cursed. We never get the #1 pick… as counter productive as it sounds, I’ll feel like the Jets have reached a turning point if they get the #1 pick this year.

4. GasedAndConfused

were always bad but there is always someone worse. last time we had 1st was 1997 from when we went 1-15 in 1996. as bad as we've been, we haven't been the worst team in the league for the past 25 years.

5. Ozymandias

Ozymandias Well-Known Member

Hutch
    Hamilton
    Karlaftis

If we can get one of those or somehow two that would be an absolute win. Defense needs to be top priority for us.

KY Jets Fan likes this.
  6. KY Jets Fan

KY Jets Fan Moderator

As of now, my vote would be to take BPA of Hutchinson, Thibodeaux, or Karlaftis with our first pick.

Then either trade down from SEA's pick or stay and take BPA of OL/WR.

7. GasedAndConfused

was just gonna post about him. I think we keep berrios he'll be cheaper and his special teams is invaluable but Robinson is perfect to replace crowder in the slot for us and he's likely a 3rd rounder

KY Jets Fan likes this.
  8. GasedAndConfused

Nik Bonitto (estimated 2nd round)

an "edge" in college but at the NFL level a bit undersized. however would make a great sam LBer and can rush the passer on 3rd downs from the DE spot where JFM can slide inside. his versatility could be helpful for our depth and he has a high motor and will fight off blocks and very athletic

KY Jets Fan likes this.
  9. KingRoach

He’ll be someone’s Micah Parsons

GasedAndConfused likes this.
  10. REVISion

REVISion Well-Known Member

Parsons is probably the best defensive rookie in 20-30 years. It's highly unlikely Bonitto even sniffs that territory.

11. BrowningNagle

BrowningNagle Well-Known Member

Jamison Williams will be the guy everyone is talking about after today

12. KingRoach

They have the same measurables and college stats.

The difference is, in college Paraons was a badass LB and an underdeveloped pass rusher. Bonitto is an underdeveloped LB and a badass pass rusher.

I’d take him in the 2nd if we miss out on the top 2 rushers and I’d still take him in the 3rd if we do get ont of the top 2.

13. GasedAndConfused

Zander Horvath

FB probably a 6th or 7th rounder but the best FB in the class. could be our kyle Juszczyk

14. abyzmul

abyzmul R.J. MacReady, 2018 Funniest Member Award Winner

Agree.

I don't know about the KJ comparison but I think he's a very solid prospect at FB.