2022 Prospects to look at

Discussion in 'Draft' started by GasedAndConfused, May 5, 2021.

1. wewantsapp

wewantsapp Well-Known Member

Scratch that about Damone Clark's last game at LSU. With the win last night vs Texas A&M --- LSU will likely get a bowl invite somewhere.

2. WoodyHarrelson

WoodyHarrelson Well-Known Member

My question is what do we do if Aiden and Kayvon go top2?

seems like it’s us vs Jags for pick 3 then. Even Evan Neal May be gone.

stingley and whom? I really like Andrew booth as a prospect and would slightly trade back for him or if Stingley drops

3. GasedAndConfused

GasedAndConfused Well-Known Member

jackson and karlafits are 2 other edges who should go top 10. there will eb an edge for us no matter where we pick 1st. 4 should go in the top 10.
    There is also zach harrison who could be a steal in the 2nd. has the potential just needs to put it together. he was considered a top 10 pick at one point but has slipped into the 2nd for now

4. WoodyHarrelson

WoodyHarrelson Well-Known Member

i think we go defense heavy round 1. Unless we want to trade back. Round 2 BPA of need. I don’t think Kyle Hamilton in round 1 vs Jordan Battle or Brandon Joseph in round 2 would make a difference for this team right now tbh too many holes to spend a top 5 pick on a safety

5. Attackett

Attackett Well-Known Member

I don’t get those saying you can’t spend a top 5 pick on a safety. Would you spend a top 5 pick on Ed Reed? Of course you would. Hamilton has that kind of potential.

6. Leicester Jet

Leicester Jet Well-Known Member

What will he be like after his injury? Hamilton hasn't played since he suffered a right knee injury on Oct. 23 against USC and might not return this season.

7. GasedAndConfused

guarenteed ed reed and potential ed reed are 2 different things.

8. Attackett

Yea that’s tbd until he goes through all his medicals but doesn’t seem to be an injury that will negatively impact his career.

If he is deemed to be healthy though I wouldn’t worry about him missing time.

9. Attackett

Yes of course. I wouldn’t pass on one with Ed Reed potential for one with Bryan Thomas potential just because one plays DE instead of S.

blackssmagic and Jonathan_Vilma like this.
  10. GasedAndConfused

thats why there are draft rankings. nobody is opting to take a bryan thomas over an ed reed. but even if an edge isn't tj watt potential, i'd happily take a shaq barrett potential over an ed reed potential personally.

11. wewantsapp

wewantsapp Well-Known Member

Jermaine Johnson FSU DE had a great year rushing the passer as well as vs the run & should be top 10.

12. KingRoach

KingRoach Well-Known Member

Brant Kuithe a TE for Utah has the same measurables as a former TE from Harvard now on the 49ers.

13. abyzmul

abyzmul R.J. MacReady, 2018 Funniest Member Award Winner

And they both have names that make you scratch for your head for a second figuring out how to pronounce them. Where will the similarities end?

Yow, I know you don't judge somebody based on highlights, but this dude does remind me of him. Total firecracker.

14. GasedAndConfused

Obinna Eze OT (estimated round 4-6th)

6-8 330 lbs and athletic. still has a lot to learn about technique so probably sits a year to learn and not an instant starter but a guy who can be our future RT in 2023 and beyond. perfectly fits our blocking scheme too

[​IMG]

15. KingRoach

0 interest in an injury prone CB

Trading back sounds great but who’s trading up?
    Who’s worth giving up picks for?

I hate to say it but Hamilton makes the most sense. It’s a position of need and by all accounts he’s a rockstar.

It’s easy to forget we had 2 talented Edges never take a step on the field this year. I’d be 100% ok with giving Vinny Curry another 1 yr contract and draft someone a little more raw like Kingsley Enagbare at the top of the 2nd or ideally trading back into the 1st to get the 5th year option.

First 4 if No Trade back offers and the top 2 DE are off the board.

Hamilton S
    Williams/Wilson WR
    Enagbare DE
    Bonitto LB/EDGE (Micah Parsons)

Bonus: 2 TEs in the 3rd
    McBride
    Kuithe (FB in the NFL)

Break the bank on Scherff
    Get a Vet CB like Haden on a 2/3 year deal
    Keep Fant on the left and move Becton to the right
    Maybe we can unload Mims for a 3rd or 4th to his coach at Baylor down in Carolina

#215 KingRoach, Dec 16, 2021
    Last edited: Dec 16, 2021
  16. abyzmul

abyzmul R.J. MacReady, 2018 Funniest Member Award Winner

The more I watch of this guy, the more I think he's our perfect FB prospect. Really nice pull.

17. GasedAndConfused

I did a mock here

https://forums.theganggreen.com/threads/gac-much-too-early-mock-draft-2022.96695/

I agree if the top 3 picks are KT, hutch, and neal we should go with hamilton. we can get karlaftis with the seattle pick to address the edge. we like to rotate players and it also means JFM can slide inside on 3rd and longs as a rushing DT with lawson and huff/karlaftis on the other side and Q as the other DT. Edge is still a need IMO.

I don't think we need schreff. we can draft a RG and resign LDT, same with CB and haden is more of a man guy then a zone corner.

18. NoodleArm

NoodleArm Well-Known Member

Maybe the QB hyping-up in the draft process will work to the Jets advantage and some team will trade up for a player whose talent/potential doesn't match his draft slot?

blackssmagic and KingRoach like this.
  19. KingRoach

I like Kinnard from Kentucky if we draft a guard but he might be gone by the end of the 1st. Has played on the right side his whole career.

Re corner: the thought process of adding a vet is the same as the one many of us had in the preseason. It adds leadership and experience to a young unit.

I’m never a fan of drafting the 3rd best anything in the top 5… If Houston beats Jax and Jax beats us I think that’ll slide us into #2.

KY Jets Fan likes this.
  20. KingRoach

Yeah that would be my ideal. In my mocks, if the 2 Edge are off the board I’m trading back 100%.

Who would be in striking distance?
    Washington
    Denver
    Pit
    NO
    Might be easier to trade our Seattle pick

How about Carolina giving up their 2023 1st to move up to get a new QB? Muah hahahaha

NoodleArm likes this.