2022 - Preseason Week 3: Giants @ Jets

Discussion in 'New York Jets' started by Brook!, Aug 23, 2022.

1. Jets79

Jets79 Well-Known Member

good to see that but I look at these grades with a grain of salt. All that’s fine and good but I watched that game and our run blocking sucked ass…there were no holes and our starting OL was going against the Giants 2s…so hard for me to see high grades there

2. Jets79

Jets79 Well-Known Member

yup…he was getting pressures as was Clemons who to me looks like a beast out there…I think he’s going to be really good…just plays like a mean pissed off DL and that’s a good thing

however, as has been the case for us for years, we seem to get pressures and hurries and not enough actual sacks. We need guys who can get home

REVISion and ouchy like this.
  3. ouchy

ouchy Well-Known Member

I like Clemmons motor to. But he was in the rotation the entire game and recorded no stats. He did knock Tyler out of the game though.

4. JetFanInPA

JetFanInPA Well-Known Member

Here are all 30 completions from yesterday's game. Nice watch especially if you didn't get to see the game

twown likes this.
  5. Pepsiguy5

Pepsiguy5 Well-Known Member

Been railing on this for a couple years now.

Be interesting to see if week 1 is yet another OL disaster.

6. cval

cval Well-Known Member

Keep in mind we have a much better secondary as well if we can force the QB to hold the ball a bit longer those pressures and hurries turn into sacks and picks

ColoradoContrails, Jets79 and Noam like this.
  7. Noam

Noam Well-Known Member

cval likes this.
  8. cval

cval Well-Known Member

The clip where he whiffed on the QB is worrisome against Lamar. He will need to be more disciplined week 1.

9. Noam

Noam Well-Known Member

Not only did he whiff but he took out the other DL. lamaar scares me. They will have to be very disciplined in containing Lamaar.

10. cval

cval Well-Known Member

We need to keep Lamar in the pocket and not allow him to escape outside. See if our new secondary can live up to the hype. I think they can but our LBs and d-line have to play very disciplined. Hopefully, our offense shows up as well and we can play from the front.

Noam likes this.
  11. Noam

Noam Well-Known Member

Another X factor video breaking down 7 of Duane Browns 21 reps against the Giants. Again if you hate Joe Douglas, the Jets or evidence that disagrees with your deeply held worldviews you might want to ignore this as it is an overly positive review of Brown's play. But, you can take some solace in the context that it was against the NYG's 2nd stringers.

https://jetsxfactor.com/2022/09/01/ny-jets-duane-brown-debut-film/

cval likes this.
  12. Jets79

Jets79 Well-Known Member

we can’t contain him….just not gonna happen

we have a lot of high energy type pass rushers that go all out to the QB and that’s exactly the kind of rusher that Lamar will make look silly…he’ll spin or sidestep and then they fly past him and with his speed he’ll be gone and our LBs won’t get to him…

I just don’t think our D is set up to stop someone like him…to be fair not many can do it but I’m just seeing visions of him shredding us with his legs, dumping to Andrews who our LBs can’t cover, or lobbing it over a safety’s head when they take a step up to stop his scrambling…he gets more of those than anyone because his run threat is so real

maybe Saleh will come up with a defensive game plan to contain him in the pocket and surprise me, and I’ll be the first to accept the My Bad! … but I’m just not feeling it

And on O I’m concerned that our OL will need time to gel like we always do, our run blocking in preseason was pathetic, and Flacco won’t be able to make enough plays

I don’t think this is a winnable game for us…sad to say but I just don’t see it

#132 Jets79, Sep 1, 2022
    Last edited: Sep 1, 2022
  13. Ralebird

Ralebird Well-Known Member

And it's written by the highly regarded (by himself) fanboi Michael Nania whose filter has never allowed a critical word about anything Jets. By Nania's own words, Lawson had two good plays, two fails and three with mixed results...against backups. I have no idea where "glowingly positive" came from. Let's see what happens when the games are being contested.

#133 Ralebird, Sep 1, 2022
    Last edited: Sep 1, 2022
  14. Ralebird

More of the same here. Nania cherry picks the third of Brown's plays he wants people to focus on and spins them his way. One need not "hate" the player to see that; I expect good things from him. Even more ridiculous for a Jets fan site, is the idea that some must "hate" the team to see through Nania's nonsense (that has aa nice ring - it could make for a weekly feature for realists) and make their own decisions on Brown's effectiveness. Anyone making their decisions by watching filtered content from a preseason outing against backups is fooling themselves.

15. westiedog1

westiedog1 Well-Known Member

Must be from the Chronicles of Nania.

16. Ralebird

Indeed; it's all a fantasy.

westiedog1 and Acad23 like this.