2022 - Preseason Week 3: Giants @ Jets

Discussion in 'New York Jets' started by Brook!, Aug 23, 2022.

1. Yankee6

Yankee6 Well-Known Member

Did I just hear Marriucci say jet fans should be OPTIMISTIC? Yeah right try being a Jet fan for 30 years and then say that lol

#101 Yankee6, Aug 28, 2022
    Last edited: Aug 28, 2022
    Ralebird, NYJetsO12 and Losmeister like this.
  2. Losmeister

Losmeister Well-Known Member

So I go w/ Streveler over White... the mobility is the edge

Cman68 and NYJetsO12 like this.
  3. Unhappyjetsfan

Unhappyjetsfan Well-Known Member

I think we could actually trade Flacco if we wanted to. Based on what I saw today, he could start in Seattle, or Atlanta, or Houston. And if you held on to him for a week or two, there's always a team with playoff aspirations that loses their QB for the season in the first two weeks. For example, what happens if Jacoby Brissett tears his rotator cuff in the first game? Cleveland starts searching for anyone with experience to bail them out and tread water for the first 3/4s of the season.

If I were GM, I'd try to trade Flacco to the Seahawks for a 6th rounder.

BrooklynJetsFan likes this.
  4. Unhappyjetsfan

Unhappyjetsfan Well-Known Member

Until he gets hit once running for a first down and the coaches tell him he's not allowed to run anymore (see Mark Sanchez and Geno Smith).

Cman68 likes this.
  5. K'OB

K'OB 2021 TGG Fantasy Football Champ

You'd start him over Davis Mills, nah.

6. abyzmul

abyzmul R.J. MacReady, 2018 Funniest Member Award Winner

They aren't trading Flacco.

7. Jets79

Jets79 Well-Known Member

Just watched the game…immediate impressions without deep analysis

- first team offense against Giants backups did not impress
    - OL needs time to gel…old fucking story for the Jets…but the run blocking just sucks ass
    - white looked better than last week
    - Streveler brought us back again…I would’ve liked to have seen him earlier instead of against future cuts but he can only play when they put him in
    - Mims looked legit…what I really liked is no stupid penalties but I would try and keep him unless we can get a real pick for him…I wouldn’t give him up for a late pick
    - Clemons looks nasty out there
    - pass rush is getting better but it’s been like this a long time for us…getting close but not getting sacks…that has to change
    - overall our depth has improved a lot compared to past years…we do t have that many top line high end starters but our backups are getting better
    - going to be some hard cuts at WR, DL, RB

8. mrjet80

mrjet80 Well-Known Member

A friend and I were discussing Streveler and I said the same thing. He wants to make him the back up and I reminded him he hasn’t played against 1st stringers and barely any 2nd stringers - how do we know how that would turn out? Hopefully they can keep him on the practice squad for a little while…..

#108 mrjet80, Aug 28, 2022
    Last edited: Aug 29, 2022
    Mogriffjr and JETFUEL1580 like this.
  9. mrjet80

mrjet80 Well-Known Member

You wouldn’t think so. Certainly not now. However when Zach comes back and the trading deadline approaches…..what if a team inquires about Flacco? He is 37. Can JD steal a mid round pick from a desperate team? Is he willing to part with a dependable back up who we know can start in a flash? Would Flacco still be in the Jets plans when they are playoff contenders? How does he really feel about White and Streveler going foward?

It’s going to be an interesting week coming up in regards to cuts…

10. azhar80

azhar80 Well-Known Member

Us Jet fans are tough... We are willing to cut Mike White who basically complete 65% of his passes threw no interceptions and abt 360 Yards.
    35/54 passes 358 Yards Passing, 2 TDs, 0 Ints...
    These are the #s I got for him, plz correct me if I'm wrong.
    Btw I love what I'm seeing from Strev but to get rid of White, who has shown he can play vs NFL starters is a pill hard to swallow. I'd like to keep both on the team, and have Flacco fake an injury lolll

11. hornblower

hornblower Well-Known Member

Just another scrimmage. Fun for the players but bears no resemblance to a regular season game. Coaches go on practice performance and never take practice games too seriously unlike we fans.

KingRoach likes this.
  12. Losmeister

Losmeister Well-Known Member

all i have to say is

Danny Woodhead.

Letting Streveler go would be insane. Get a pick for WHite.

Cman68 likes this.
  13. ColoradoContrails

ColoradoContrails Well-Known Member

I continue to remain baffled by the Jets - regardless of CS - not getting their starting OL more reps together in P.S.. This is a unit that absolutely must have communication and cohesion, and yet today was the first time they've played together. I can't remember the last time the starting OL played significant snaps together before the season. And it shows! Today they played against the Giants "twos" and couldn't move the ball! I'm definitely not counting on them being ready in two weeks given that they'll only be practicing against our own "D".

Maybe I'm missing something, or too old school, but I really think this is an ass-backwards way to get ready for the season. And I would definitely NOT rush Zach back in until the OL has a few games under their belt.

Royal Tee, Pepsiguy5, Jets79 and 2 others like this.
  14. JETFUEL1580

JETFUEL1580 Well-Known Member

Thank you. I watched bits and pieces of the game, and I did see Streveler play. All he has shown is that he can play against 3rd stringers. White has at least played against NFL starters at a respectable level, and that's the guy they should dump? Streveler reminds me so much of Taysom Hill and that's not a good thing.

15. JETFUEL1580

Excellent post and I agree with everything here.

16. JETFUEL1580

BTW, for what it's worth. Nice seeing Mims actually look like an NFL WR. Been awhile.

Jets79 likes this.
  17. KY Jets Fan

KY Jets Fan Moderator

I felt like the OL looked decent in pass pro (granted, against mostly 2nd stringers) but struggled to generate push or holes for the run game.

Hopefully now that they've got some tape to look at, they can figure it out over these next 2 weeks.

I'm with you though and it sounds like the Jets are too. That's why the line we've heard from the beat is something to the effect of, "they're not rushing Wilson back...", "they want to make sure Wilson is 100%...", etc. Wouldn't surprise me at all to see Flacco start Weeks 1 & 2 and have Zach return in Week 3. This gives Zach plenty of time to get 100% and get some practice reps, plus it gives the OL 2 weeks against good front 7's (BAL and CLE) to gel and develop some chemistry.

18. JetFanInPA

JetFanInPA Well-Known Member

Here's some PFF analysis on the OL for what it's worth to others. Strong showing from Duane Brown per PFF:
    https://www.pff.com/news/nfl-preseason-week-3-game-recap-new-york-jets-31-new-york-giants-27
    "Offensive line spotlight: The recently signed Duane Brown looked at home on the left side of the Jets' offensive line. The veteran left tackle earned a 90.0-plus overall grade on first review after surrendering no pressure on 12 pass-blocking snaps and simply dominating the run game (91.6 pending run-blocking grade)."

PJ4Ever and KY Jets Fan like this.
  19. Donttasemebro

Donttasemebro Well-Known Member

haven't gone through all the threads....anybody mention how much huff played? wonder if they're shopping him.

20. ouchy

ouchy Well-Known Member

He was in the rotation most of the 2nd half and recorded 3 tackles.