2022 Opponents Set

Discussion in 'New York Jets' started by KY Jets Fan, Jan 3, 2022.

1. KY Jets Fan

KY Jets Fan Moderator

Obviously still a lot left to be determined with how these teams will look in 2022 but how's everyone feeling about this schedule as of right now?

Personally, I think it's a solid schedule. Some very difficult games on paper IMO (Packers, Bengals, Ravens, AFC East foes) but there are a lot of games that I think are winnable.

If we have another good offseason, could we potentially be on an "In The Hunt" graphic in November/December? I think so.

2. JackBower

JackBower Well-Known Member

I think 8-9 wins is a fair expectation... 10 or more would be a pleasant surprise.

3. GREG

GREG Well-Known Member

They better start showing some improvement with the wins and losses. Eight or nine wins should be expected. At some point next year has to be "now". Another 2-4 win season in 2022 is unacceptable.

Jets79, papapump, SOJAZ and 7 others like this.
  4. KY Jets Fan

KY Jets Fan Moderator

Totally agree, this is a career-defining offseason for JD IMO.

Projected to have 51M in cap space that should get closer to 70M depending on a couple of no-brainer cuts (Shaq Lawson-9M, GVR-3.5M, Ryan Griffin-3.3M) and 4 top-40 picks in the draft. There's no excuse for us to not be around .500 next season or better.

5. BrowningNagle

BrowningNagle Well-Known Member

Who knows what the team will look like next season but as of today, I dont see a road win there.

Pitt, Denver, GB, Seattle are always tough places to play regardless of the talent on the field and the other road games are good teams

Jets79 likes this.
  6. NYJFOREVER

NYJFOREVER Well-Known Member

I think looking at a schedule right now is hard given we don't know how any of these teams will look. But like Nagle said, playing in Denver, Pittsburgh, GB, and Seattle is always difficult.

The expectation for this team needs to be playing meaningful games after Thanksgiving, no more of these bullshit 4-6 win, seasons over by Halloween type years. Add veteran pieces and hit on the 4 picks in the top 40 and find ways to win games.

Jets79 and KY Jets Fan like this.
  7. MaximusD163

MaximusD163 Well-Known Member

Some fun matchups.

-Wilson gets 4 games vs other 1st Round QB’s from 2021 (NE, NE, JAC, CHI)

-Best Friend/Bros Bowl: Robert Saleh+Mike LaFleur vs Matt LaFleur

-Jamal Adams Bowl

NCJetsfan, Brook!, bicketybam and 2 others like this.
  8. NYJFOREVER

It'd be a dream to have Wilson truck or juke Adams out of his shoes on the way to a touchdown

9. MaximusD163

MaximusD163 Well-Known Member

Lol Wilson will never truck Adams but he could shred him in coverage

10. NYJFOREVER

I know he'd never, but it's satisfying to think about. He could definitely juke him out of his shoes though. Adams likes to go for the big hit and Wilson is athletic enough to do it. I'd rather Wilson just slide to be safe.

11. stinkyB

stinkyB 2009 Best Avatar Award Winner

Looks like I miss out sweating through another JETS disappointment in Jacksonville....

12. jilozzo

jilozzo Well-Known Member

has a 5-12/6-11 feel.

Jets79 likes this.
  13. MoWilkBeast

MoWilkBeast Well-Known Member

If it's scheduled towards the end of the season Adams will probably be IRed with another shoulder injury by then.

NYJFOREVER likes this.
  14. Attackett

Attackett Well-Known Member

Guess we gotta hope for Arod & Russ to change teams this offseason.

Looks like it will be a few shitty teams and a few in transition teams on schedule, hopefully we are good enough to take advantage of what should be a soft schedule.

15. Brook!

Brook! Soft Admin...2018 Friendliest Member Award Winner

I wish we pulled Raiders from the possible AFC West matchup. That could have been a fun trip for sure.

I will bail on my season ticket next year for sure. Instead I plan to travel for at least 2 road games. My target games will be Steelers game and Packers game. Will drive to Pittsburgh which is a 6 hour drive. Flights to Chicago are always cheap if you buy in advance which makes Packers game cost reasonable.

RPOZ51 likes this.
  16. CotcheryFan

CotcheryFan 2018 ROTY Poster Award Winner

Doesn't look kind to us at all, but a lot can change between now and September.

Roethlisberger is almost certain to retire, Russ might change teams, and who knows what Rodgers will do. But Pittsburgh, Seattle, and Green Bay are never easy places to play in anyway,

Jets79 likes this.
  17. Jonathan_Vilma

Jonathan_Vilma Well-Known Member

I think I posted last year or two years ago how difficult it is to predict how hard the schedule will be next year citing if Russell Wilson gets hurt, teams playing the Seahawks will suddenly have an easier game and amazingly enough it came true (sorry Russ).

On the surface it absolutely sucks playing the AFC North though we beat the damn division winner this year.

18. BrowningNagle

BrowningNagle Well-Known Member

a trip to Lambeau is a “bucket list” event. You will love it

Jets79, mrjet80 and Brook! like this.
  19. Brook!

Brook! Soft Admin...2018 Friendliest Member Award Winner

Yep. Have been waiting for this game for a few years now. Last time was 8 years ago and I couldn't make the trip but it is for sure in my bucket list. I just hope it is early in the season so I don't freeze at the stands.

20. Cromartie's_kid

Cromartie's_kid Well-Known Member

there could be qb changes in all 4 of those matchups. I thin Pitt, Seattle and Denver are all winnable. And if Rodgers leaves GB that game is possible as well. Thai is all contingent on a good draft, some reasonable free agent signings and Lawson/becton being healthy of course - none of which are a given.