2022 Jets Free Agency/Trade News and Rumors

Discussion in 'New York Jets' started by BroadwayAaron, Mar 12, 2022.

1. The Dark Knight

The Dark Knight Well-Known Member

AJ Brown isn't Tyreek Hill though. He is better! ;)

Gotta assume the Titans get an extension done. I think he is only 24 or 25. Can't let a star like that go.

2. tomdeb

tomdeb Well-Known Member

"Carry on being incorrect?" Hey, thanks! I am so glad I have your permission to "carry on" with "being incorrect."
    That just saved me the time of asking you IF I can post something else in the future. AND, to have YOU review my proposed future posts with your expert analysis before they go online.
    I don't think enough of us on this message board have fully voiced our appreciation for you!
    And feel free to respond to this message too. You can have the last word, although I probably won't read it. Quite obvious you have ALL the answers regarding the jets!

3. K'OB

K'OB 2021 TGG Fantasy Football Champ

Bolding is way better than underlining IMO :p:p

Noam likes this.
  4. Mogriffjr

Mogriffjr Well-Known Member

i read the Jags really screwed up the WR market by paying Kirk absurd WR money. It jacked up the market, hence why Adams and moreso Hill were traded and signed mega deals.

5. Poeman

Poeman Well-Known Member

[​IMG]

Noam likes this.
  6. Br4d

Br4d 2018 Weeb Ewbank Award

The market for individual players is completely screwed up at this point and it has been since Ndamukung Suh got the huge deal in 2015.

The facts are that you don't win NFL championships based on great individual performances. That doesn't mean that there aren't great individual performances on championship winning teams, it just means that the teams win because those great individual performances were surrounded by literally dozens of other excellent performances. Those performances could have been in small roles but no team wins if the small roles aren't performed well.

This is why you can pay a QB $30M+ a year and have almost no chance to win a title. It's why you can pay a QB like he's the best in the game and still consistently fall short of your goal. It's why QB MVP's are not the same thing as QB's who won the Super Bowl in the same season.

The market for star players is consistently over-valued in terms of cap space and cash spent. Almost nobody is worth what they are getting paid when they are in the top 10% of salaries.

If you look at where the star QB's win Super Bowls you will see teams that were built for them and then they were added to the mix to cap the opportunity. Occasionally a QB will win a SB on his first contract when his team is still spreading the wealth around. Then invariably that team begins sliding more and more of the pot his way until the underpinning of his ability to win the whole thing has been eroded to almost nothing.

Teams chase star QB's because they see the star QB's winning it all. They don't realize that they haven't done the work to support that QB beforehand and so they don't win much with him and certainly not a trophy.

The last top 3 QB to win a Super Bowl was Eli Manning in 2011. The only top 3 QB's to win Super Bowls with the teams who drafted them were Namath, Bradshaw, Elway, Aikman, Peyton and Eli. All of those guys won primarily due to the fact that they had stacked teams around them built to support them. When teams rush to draft a top 3 QB they are swimming against a hard current and unless that guy was seen as a great QB coming out of college or they build a tremendous team around him they will absolutely fail with the pick.

I think all 3 top 3 QB picks last year were failures in the making and only the Jaguars get a pass because everybody saw Lawrence as a great QB prospect coming out of college. Most of those guys fail also but a few of them turn into great QB's and win it all.

7. ukjetsfan

ukjetsfan Well-Known Member

I really hate this attitude. Of course it's in your hands. The only reason it would not be in your hands would be if you deliberately chose to let it out of your hands. Take some responsibility for the direction your own life takes. It's YOUR OWN LIFE for fuck's sake!

barfolomew, REVISion and K'OB like this.
  8. Cman68

Cman68 The Dark Admin, 2018 BEST Darksider Poster

That way, he can blame God if things don't work out..:mad::mad:

barfolomew, Lon Chaney and REVISion like this.
  9. abyzmul

abyzmul R.J. MacReady, 2018 Funniest Member Award Winner

[​IMG]

10. ukjetsfan

ukjetsfan Well-Known Member

Yeah, you’re right Byz... but I have toothache and I’m Covid positive and possibly about to miss the holiday that should be starting next Friday, so I’m cranky!

11. FJF

FJF 2018 MVP Joe Namath Award Winner

Wide receivers just trolling jet fans now.

Cman68 likes this.
  12. Jonathan_Vilma

Jonathan_Vilma Well-Known Member

Chew on a clove of garlic on the tooth. It’ll fix it.

ukjetsfan likes this.
  13. bicketybam

bicketybam Well-Known Member

Get well, man. Hope it's nothing serious.

Rockinz, Poeman, Red Menace and 3 others like this.
  14. cval

cval Well-Known Member

This is so flawed use of stats I am not sure where to start. Top three QBs which is again flawed way to look at things do not win a lot of Superbowls because they are drafted to bad teams. The last two QBs in the Superbowl where both number 1 picks.

Brady also skews these numbers. Goff and Wentz both went to a Superbowl. Jim.plunket won two Superbowls.

Expand it out to the first round and by farost Superbowl QBs have been drafted in the first round.

http://www.drafthistory.com/index.php/superbowl_quarterbacks/

NCJetsfan and ColoradoContrails like this.
  15. NCJetsfan

NCJetsfan Well-Known Member

He might refuse to sign an extension. He might tell them that he really wants to play with his best friend Ellijah Moore.

16. Poeman

Poeman Well-Known Member

"Hey guys I want to a change, wanna be close to fam (Eli)"

17. KingRoach

KingRoach Well-Known Member

They can get 1 more year out of him; tag and trade in 2023

barfolomew likes this.
  18. KingRoach

It’s actually a typo. Gob is his agent’s name.

ukjetsfan, FJF, Cman68 and 1 other person like this.
  19. KingRoach

Plot twist: while on the phone with the Titans negotiating for Brown, JD agrees to trade E. Moore to the Titans for pick #26 and a 2023 1st.

20. NCJetsfan

NCJetsfan Well-Known Member

Adams basically did that, as did Hill. Why not Brown?

Poeman likes this.