2022 Jets Free Agency/Trade News and Rumors

Discussion in 'New York Jets' started by BroadwayAaron, Mar 12, 2022.

1. ColoradoContrails

ColoradoContrails Well-Known Member

You'd better be careful Dean, you're going to lose your darksider status!:p

cval and IIMeanDeanII like this.
  2. BroadwayAaron

BroadwayAaron Well-Known Member

Was never really an option for us but a lot of people seem to think he was. Now he definitely isn’t.

NCJetsfan likes this.
  3. BroadwayAaron

you’re just rattling off things that I’ve already said are possibilities and I’m pretty sure I said them in direct response to you so I’m not sure why you are reiterating them to me. The draft is a complete crapshoot. I’m well aware that we will have a shot at one of the top receivers in the draft at 10. Like I said to the other poster who also thought trading for Metcalf would be stupid… I will take the sure thing over the dart throw every single time. And yes there is free agency but what’s left? Allen Robinson who has been playing with unproven or shit quarterbacks his whole career? I’m sure he’s dying to play here.

And no I don’t just need something flashy to feel good about, so as much as you wanted that patronizing comment to hit home it didn’t really pan out here. There was a very clear and very simple way to land a top-tier player in a position we desperately need and we worked on it. Of course it’s not the end of the world but it’s a cause for concern.

4. NCJetsfan

NCJetsfan Well-Known Member

5. BroadwayAaron

Tom Brady is back. Which means Jensen probably isn’t leaving. Thank god.

FJF likes this.
  6. KingRoach

KingRoach Well-Known Member

Maxx Williams plan falling into place

Noam likes this.
  7. Noam

Noam Well-Known Member

PFT reports Gallup is signing a 5 year 62 mill deal with Dallas. Our WR FA options are becoming more limited. Arob, Kirk, Gage, Chark and ???

8. KingRoach

KingRoach Well-Known Member

Good, the more people who get overpriced WRs in FA, the more WRs will fall to us in the 2nd

9. NCJetsfan

NCJetsfan Well-Known Member

10. BroadwayAaron

Pumped to have the worst TE room in the league again.

11. BroadwayAaron

I never wanted Gallup so this is fine. Our options are shit, which means we better nail it with the 10th pick. Hopefully we aren’t dumb enough to think we can find the star of the draft at the top of the second.

12. MaximusD163

MaximusD163 Well-Known Member

Some of those Jet sweeps are technically passes, so you can have a handoff that will affect this stat by having 10 yards of separation without even running a route, so huge outliers in that. No surprise that all 4 of those players have Jet Sweep usage for their teams.

13. mrjet80

mrjet80 Well-Known Member

Maxx Williams would be a decent 2nd TE. The Jets are probably drafting one of McBride or Ruckert.

Not a bad group with Yeboah as third string.

14. LAJet

LAJet Well-Known Member

IMO you are spot on.
    Excellent WR, solid stats, but he never took the Cowboys to the next level as they expected from the trade as a true WR#1, especially in games they needed him the most. In fact, he de facto was WR#2 to CC Lamb in 2021 and actually his performance benefitted because CC was getting top attention by the opposing D. So $20M was a non starter by many WR hungry teams, and the Jets will look elsewhere. I'm hoping they will add a top WR that can help Wilson immediately, true #1or not, and resigning Berrios who has helped Wilson's plenty. Lets go get our future #1 in the draft and develop the kid while we use the money judiciously to plug some major other holes in the process.
    Is funny to note that some things never change, as soon as the very first free agent signs elsewhere, JD gets criticized or crucified for not jumping on it, even by a few here that have proclaimed at nausea that JD sucks because of wasting money in free agency, and only thru the draft and with a GM that is Purcell's reincarnated this team will flourish.
    IMO, Dallas move to save money was a no brainer for them. If he was the TRUE #1 for their future he will still be there. JJ is no fool, he had choices to make just like any other GM.
    Cooper's talents will unfortunately be underutilized in Cleveland and his stats will show erosion, as with OBJ in a run heavy O. But not our problem. Hope JD is looking in Robinson's way. Now there is a WR that could really benefit from a change of venue.

15. ColoradoContrails

Thanks for this. This is why receivers who can make sharp cuts are better than those who "round" theirs off. And It's not really something that can be learned, it's more a result of body type and "twitchiness" IMO. This is why I'm not a big fan of Burks, bit do like Watson and Dotson (Catchy! JD should draft both for the rhyme!), both of whom can cut on a dime. I prefer Dotson of the two because he's taller and I think balances the average size of the receiving room.

Noam likes this.
  16. JetFanInPA

JetFanInPA Well-Known Member

17. ColoradoContrails

Everyone needs to keep in mind that there's no prize for "winning" FA.

chandler, NCJetsfan and Noam like this.
  18. James Hasty

James Hasty Well-Known Member

There is s penalty for losing and we have experienced it for several years in a row.

19. BroadwayAaron

No one wants to “win” FA. People want to improve as best as possible. Missing out on the best players means you’re not improving as much as you can. Anyone not frustrated by that is bizarre to me

James Hasty likes this.
  20. BroadwayAaron

Might be our biggest move of the offseason

Get me the Damn Ball and apjbfc like this.