2022 crow thread

Discussion in 'New York Jets' started by JackBower, Sep 18, 2022.

1. Ralebird

Ralebird Well-Known Member

2. bicketybam

bicketybam Well-Known Member

Make up my mind? They BOTH prove my point.

And yes, I thought Flacco had a much better day than week one, even before the miraculous comeback.

Honestly, how do you not understand that 4 TD passes and no picks is a better overall game than 1 TD pass and 1 int that lead to the other team scoring. Holy shit, dude.

Acad23 likes this.
  3. Cman68

Cman68 The Dark Admin, 2018 BEST Darksider Poster

Who was the last Jet QB who had a game like that? Did Mike "BengalKiller" White do it?

4. Ralebird

What can I tell you? You are a renaissance man who knew Flacco would have a breakout minute of football. I was disappointed in the lousy completion rate he had all day but was satisfied with his ability to command the field. It seemed that the people in the game thread did not have much confidence in his overall game that I did but I still have no problem at all with him staying as QB for now.

5. bicketybam

What can you tell me? Start with "I was wrong."

This entire debate is about whether Flacco's game 1 performance compared to his game 2 performance. You said they were similar. That is incorrect.

6. cval

cval Well-Known Member

You can only judge a QB on the entire game it makes no sense otherwise. Maybe garbage stats are inflated but with the comeback win you have to give the QB credit. It does pain me to say it but I understand where Ralebird is coming from. Joe played very mediocre for most of the game and then came up big in the clutch.

Where I differ from Ralebird is that I do not discount the two clutch TD passes Flacco threw. If I am comparing his performance from week 1 to week 2 there is really no comparison. In week 1 most of his stats were in garbage time but he was working behind a bad o-line. He looked washed up in Baltimore in Cleveland he looked like an NFL QB.

Ralebird and Acad23 like this.
  7. BrowningNagle

BrowningNagle Well-Known Member

Flacco got more help from his coordinator. Week 1 Garrett Wilson got less than half the snaps, week 2 he got over 60% and gasp! even some plays designed to feature him

Acad23 and cval like this.
  8. Ralebird

That is your opinion. Mine differs.

9. Ralebird

I don't discount anything, particularly the short period of heroics; I also don't value it as much as many appear to as an individual performance. Let's see what week three brings.

cval likes this.
  10. JackBower

JackBower Well-Known Member

Yummy crow.

I'll eat it, I thought they were dead in the water the 2nd half. Too many times have we seen that story. The way the game was unfolding.

I have no idea what MLF is doing

11. bicketybam

Come on guys. There's some yummy crow to be had. Sack up!

MoWilkBeast likes this.
  12. MoWilkBeast

MoWilkBeast Well-Known Member

If it carries on like this there may not be enough crow to go around.

Noam likes this.
  13. bicketybam

Where @94Abraham? He disappeared like a fart in a wind in the game thread.

14. cval

cval Well-Known Member

I will eat crow. I was not sold on our defense. I am now. The defense hung tough even when the refs were giving the Packers free first downs.

15. bicketybam

Same.

16. Ptflea2

Ptflea2 Well-Known Member

Some jokers on this forum had Jets winning 2 - 4 games. Where they at now?

bicketybam likes this.
  17. Acad23

Acad23 Well-Known Member

Nobody made a bigger stink about our defense than @Acad23
    That idiot said we simply wouldn't win games if the defense didn't get a whole lot better... no matter how good the offense played.

What a stupid bastard.

18. NJJets

NJJets Well-Known Member

I’ll eat crow. I’ve been hard on JD for a while. It’s apparent Joe Douglas has created the beginnings of a very exciting young team and for that he deserves a lot of credit. Duane Brown has stepped up as well, when he was injured I figured he was just taking the Ryan Khalil retirement fund from us and would never play a snap again. JD lost his gamble on Becton (I wanted to draft Ekwonu), but he bailed himself out with Brown.

I always felt Quinnen was a solid player, but not elite. He’s elite now, no doubt.

The OL has played much better than I thought they would.

Coaching-Saleh has united the squad and has them believing. I still think Saleh meant it when he said a monkey could call the defense, as it’s simple and requires great players. Well he has great players now at multiple key positions. MLF is a genius play designer, but I still think his game day play calls leave me scratching my head often.

Zach- sorry, no crow to be had here. Winning hides alot, and fact is Zach looks completely lost. He’s constantly hesitant to make the right read and breaks plays down. He still has tons of inaccurate throws where he doesn’t set his feet, makes sidearm throws for no reason, and frankly he’s way behind where I’d expect an elite level drafted QB to be in his second year. What’s undeniable as at the current moment he is the weakest link on the team. With the offensive firepower we have an upper tier QB would be lighting up the scoreboard. Put Burrow or Herbert on this team and our O would be dominating, and we’d be legitimately in the mix of the elite teams in the league. I honestly don’t get the blind love for Zach. He’s every bit as terrible as Sanchez/Geno/Darnold were in their second year. MLF needs to start calling more 1 or 2 read timing plays where Zach drops back 3 steps and throws it without breaking the play down.

Ralebird and JETFUEL1580 like this.
  19. cval

cval Well-Known Member

you must have not watched the prior two games.

20. dawinner127

dawinner127 Well-Known Member

I've been harsh on the staff since the beginning. It was nice to see us finally win a 3rd quarter on the scoreboard!!!! 14-7 yesterday

KY Jets Fan and cval like this.