2022 crow thread

Discussion in 'New York Jets' started by JackBower, Sep 18, 2022.

1. The Waterboy

The Waterboy Well-Known Member

Watching the replay this morning I still thought they would get in range for him to hit the FG

2. KingRoach

KingRoach Well-Known Member

I give you old school Jets fans a hard time for not seeing it’s different this time- but man, you guys have been abused for decades. If I allowed myself to feel empathy I’d be heartbroken for you. The trauma is like a cross between a vet who was ambushed multiple times in combat and a tortured child .

I’m sorry I haven’t allowed for the safe space you need.

3. Ralebird

Ralebird Well-Known Member

That's all on the Brown's coaching staff for not making sure the playmakers on the field were situationally aware of what they wanted.

4. Ralebird

The guys who should be roasting the most crow this week are the guys who were roasting Flacco last week; his performance was substantially similar both times, only the highly improbable result was different.

ouchy likes this.
  5. LogeSection2RowJ

LogeSection2RowJ Well-Known Member

Crow must be awful-tasting for this expression to exist.

twown, KingRoach and Acad23 like this.
  6. Acad23

Acad23 Well-Known Member

Eat Crow Idiom Origin
    In the Christian religion, the crow is a bird unfit for eating. So, eating a crow is a distasteful act, garnering scorn from others that would find out about you eating the bird. The origin of “eat crow” comes from the era around the end of the Great War of 1812.

In this origin story, a US soldier crossed over enemy lines to hunt for food. He accidentally shot a crow during his trip, and a British soldier caught him in the act, forcing him to eat the bird. After taking a bite, the soldier managed to catch the Brit off-guard, wrestling back his gun from the soldier.

After retrieving his weapon, he would turn the tables on the other soldier, forcing him to take a bite of the crow as well.

LogeSection2RowJ and twown like this.
  7. Acad23

Acad23 Well-Known Member

That's not true at all... only his total passing yardage was similar.

cval likes this.
  8. stinkyB

stinkyB 2009 Best Avatar Award Winner

Hot sauce makes the world a better place.... or may I recommend the A-1 Sauce?

9. JETFUEL1580

JETFUEL1580 Well-Known Member

I didn't expect the team to win and they proved me wrong. Don't think I need to eat crow, but I hope this is the beginning of something exciting.

10. joe

joe Well-Known Member

....or for drinking
    [​IMG]

JetFanInNE, Acad23 and stinkyB like this.
  11. LogeSection2RowJ

LogeSection2RowJ Well-Known Member

Make it Tapatio for me please

12. burf

burf Well-Known Member

Funny you mention that... I've often threatened friends of mine, who's children became Jets fans, with reporting them to authorities for child abuse.
    I often wonder which is worse... me having experienced Supe III as a kid, then waiting the rest of my life (so far) for another ring... -or- someone who for how-ever long has never experienced it?
    I still have my scrapbook of news stories about that win, so for me, despite a lifetime of waiting, I remember it vividly, & the wait doesn't diminish the memories. And I still watch that game now & then, now that I have it on a flashdrive.

papapump likes this.
  13. Jedi mind tricks

Jedi mind tricks Well-Known Member

I thought it was over after Chubbs 3rd TD.
    The team and the fan base needed this badly so I'm trying to stay positive and just enjoy the win but by all accounts they should have lost and I don't expect anything to come from it.

If they build on this and have a competitive season I'll eat crow. Hell I'll eat 2.

Nyjets4eva likes this.
  14. Ralebird

His completion rate was similar - below what you want both games and actually better in game one. One and zero in interceptions, zero and one in fumbles, three and two in sacks. Substantially the same, until you get to TDs.

15. bicketybam

bicketybam Well-Known Member

Flacco played much better in game 2. His passer rating was 110.7 compared to 74.8 in game 1. How anyonw could think both games were similar in overall performance is beyond me.

16. Acad23

Acad23 Well-Known Member

Did you just walk through his stats from both games and cherry-pick numbers that were close?... and then give a cursory nod to how many td's he threw?

Like @bicketybam mentioned above... you left out the more telling passer rating. His QBR is even more distinct between both games.

I've been as critical of Flacco as anyone here... and will eat crow vis-à-vis his performance vs. the Browns.
    But comparing certain stats from these two games and saying his performance in both were "substantially similar" is just silly.

Nyjets4eva and bicketybam like this.
  17. Ralebird

I stated facts, you stated opinion - so be it. There's more to being a QB in an NFL game than a QB rating based largely on a small fraction of the game.

18. Ralebird

Not at all - I watched both games in their entirety, formed an opinion based on 120 minutes of football and confirmed it using readily available objective measures. I did not let an emotional win by an entire team distort my view of one man's performance.

Save the "silly" nonsense for your own opinion.

19. bicketybam

bicketybam Well-Known Member

The passer ratings I posted are facts, not opinions. Here are some more facts:

His QBR was 15.7 in game 1. It was 65.1 in game 2.

Total quarterback rating is a proprietary statistic created by ESPN in 2011 to measure the performance of quarterbacks in American football. It incorporates all of a quarterback's contributions to winning, including how he impacts the game on passes, rushes, turnovers, and penalties.

I'll admit that I prefer passer rating over QBR but even a blind man can see that his game two QBR and passer ratings were far superior to his game 1 performance. His overall performance was NOT similar in both games. This is fact. But you do you and keep arguing until you get the last (incorrect) word

20. Ralebird

Make up your mind - which is it, passer rating or QBR?

They're not the same thing and both speak to a score for an entire game and can be skewed by a couple of big plays. Are you trying to tell us that 58 and a half minutes into the game you were thinking about how wonderful Flacco had been all day?