2022 Coaching Carousel

Discussion in 'National Football League' started by dawinner127, Jan 10, 2022.

1. jetophile

jetophile Bruce Coslet's Daughter

Does anyone besides me find it hilarious that Jack Easterby was the team chaplain and The Morality Coordinator with the Cheats? Morality Coordinator, let that sink in. You can't make it up.

What makes it funnier, rumor has it he was the source of a lot of leaks and did a lot of backstabbing. How Jesusy. Then again, look who he worked for.

It would not surprise me one bit if he's into the Prosperity Gospel. Lest we forget, megatool Joel Osteen's megatoolchurch is in Houston. They're probably pals.

HomeoftheJets likes this.
  2. Br4d

Br4d 2018 Weeb Ewbank Award

Michigan is trying very hard to have Harbaugh depart without the departure looking like it's their fault in any way. They're re-negotiating his contract but definitely not blowing him away in the process.

Harbaugh does manage to get under people's skins even when he has nobody to fight with directly.

If he does leave it's going to be an owner somewhere just handing off the whole ball of wax on the football side to him. I don't think anybody is crazy enough at this point to make him work with a GM that Harbaugh did not hire.

My money is on the Raiders if he does go to the NFL. They've cleared the deck by firing Mayock and Mark Davis is taking his sweet time hiring a replacement.

3. GREG

GREG Well-Known Member

4. statjeff22

statjeff22 2008 Green Guy "Most Knowledgeable" Award Winner

It will be a big shock to me if the Giants don't hire Daboll. They will get nothing but praise for doing it, although the fact is that he has only been successful as an OC with Josh Allen as his quarterback (and Daniel Jones is no Josh Allen). Hiring Flores will garner praise also, but his treatment of a less-than-elite young QB has to be worrying to anyone in the organization who is a Jones supporter.

I would be surprised if they went with Frazier - if they want a defensive coach I would think they'd go with Flores, who has had more success as a head coach than Frazier did.

5. GREG

GREG Well-Known Member

Miami requested a 2nd interview with Daboll so he may staying in the AFCE. Like most people speculate I also think it will be Daboll or Flores for the Giants. I would be surprised if it was someone else.

6. Jonathan_Vilma

Jonathan_Vilma Well-Known Member

It’s Super Bowl or bust for McCarthy next year. He better seriously figure out how to coach his team up and manage games. Whether it’s Payton or Quinn, I can’t see McCarthy surviving even a divisional round exit.

7. Jonathan_Vilma

Key piece gone from Michigan.

He also loses arguably his top 3-4 players in Daxton Hill, Hutch, Ojabo and Haskins.

8. GREG

GREG Well-Known Member

9. Br4d

Br4d 2018 Weeb Ewbank Award

I'm starting to wonder if there isn't more to the Flores-Tua story than has come to light.

That's got to be a very tough question for Flores to deal with in the interview process.

Flores should have been snapped up by now but he is in limbo watching people who interviewed for the same jobs get chosen while the number of positions available drops.

10. REVISion

REVISion Well-Known Member

Think we may have dodged a bullet with Daboll not going to the Fins.

11. RPOZ51

RPOZ51 Well-Known Member

12. CotcheryFan

CotcheryFan 2018 ROTY Poster Award Winner

Have the Giants new HC and Jets GM ever been in the same room?

13. Bills over Jets

Bills over Jets Jets over Bills

Schoen and Daboll should be a good pairing, and Daniel Jones has all the right tools to work with. I think the giants are in some cap hell, so if the fans can just be patient for a year or two.

Jonathan_Vilma likes this.
  14. Brook!

Brook! Soft Admin...2018 Friendliest Member Award Winner

Is Daboll any good? As a Jets fan I was enjoying the Giants clown show while Jets were this terrible. If he takes Giants from the bottom of the barrel I won't really like it. I read somewhere that he failed at NFL until he stumbled upon Josh Allen. What's the word in Buffalo about Daboll?

15. Jonathan_Vilma

I always thought Daniel Jones caught too much flack for being the problem with the Giants. He had a decent enough rookie year even with the fumble issues and then they just destroyed him under Judge.

This should be a fairly good case study on how coaching staffs affect quarterbacks and the blueprint on how to fix them. He’ll be on his fourth offensive coordinator in four years and third head coach.

Jets fans will also find out if we maybe should’ve went with Daboll.

16. Trainer

Trainer Well-Known Member

This is the guy I wanted last year and was hoping he'd bring Dorsey in as OC. Dorsey deserves a ton of credit for his work with Josh Allen and he was Cam Newton's QB coach back when Cam was actually a good quarterback.
    If Daboll lures Dorsey away from Buffalo, the Giants could be well on their way to righting the ship.

Jonathan_Vilma likes this.
  17. Bills over Jets

I think he’ll be successful there, but for different reasons than what the national narrative is. The national narrative on Daboll is that he’s some sort of offensive genius who is responsible for the development of Josh Allen. I think that’s wrong.

Daboll had terrible results as a coach everywhere he’s been save for Buffalo. His offenses with Miami, Cleveland and the others always ranked at the bottom of the league. Jalen Hurts was unsuccessful under Daboll at Alabama and they couldn’t even have any semblance of a passing offense. Hurts transfers and is runner up for the heisman, throwing the ball all over the lot.

It’s obvious to those who follow Buffalo that there are 2 things responsible for Josh Allen’s development - Josh Allen himself through his determination and work ethic, and Jordan Palmer. The biggest part was his mechanics, which Palmer worked on, not Daboll.

However, this season I’ve seen Daboll evolve as a coach. I watched him encounter difficulties that both opposing coaches and buffalos own personnel presented, and instead of being stubborn and things turning sour, he was honest about the weaknesses and developed plans to fix them. He butted heads with McDermott many times, but he listened, was coachable, and adapted successfully. That’s what you want in a head coach, not some arrogant asshole who is too stubborn to reflect and accept weaknesses.

I don’t think he’s responsible for Josh Allen’s development, but I think Josh Allen and Sean McDermott are responsible for his. If that makes sense. I appreciate a coach who doesn’t have an ego about himself and is willing to change approaches if the results aren’t there. I don’t think he was that way when he came to Buffalo, but he’s that way now, or at least I think/hope. I think he’ll be successful in NY.

JetFanInPA and Brook! like this.
  18. Bills over Jets

I agree on the case study. This should be interesting to watch. The giants have a lot of bad personalities that conflict with how schoen and daboll want their team to be, so I imagine it will take some time to flip the roster. But Jones has more tools than you need to make a successful QB. Very smart, accurate, big, nice arm, can run like a deer and is mobile. There’s a lot there to work with.

19. Brook!

Brook! Soft Admin...2018 Friendliest Member Award Winner

How is the Schoen guy? I was enjoying their last clown GM. You paint a dark picture for me as a Giants hater to be honest. Lol

20. Bills over Jets

Lol I like Schoen. He is very Beane-like in the sense that he is transparent, honest, has a process that he follows, and looks for high character guys. He would’ve NEVER drafted Toney, so it will be interesting to see how they handle him.

Brook! likes this.