2021 - Week 7: New York Jets at New England Patriots

Discussion in 'New York Jets' started by Brook!, Oct 18, 2021.

?

Who will win

Poll closed Oct 24, 2021.
  1. Jets

36.6%
  2. Pats

63.4%
  1. NYJetsO12

NYJetsO12 Well-Known Member

I noticed that too the way BB appeared

Belli looked like he tried to shave his nose with an old razor hehe

2. Cman68

Cman68 The Dark Admin, 2018 BEST Darksider Poster

If LeFleur keeps Zach to betwee 20-25 throws, the Jets stand a chance at being competitive. History unfortunately is working against them. I think the last time they won at Foxborough Bart Scott was on the field. That Dallas OT game may have put the Patriots back on track as they did go toe to toe with the Boyz. Looking at the Titans game last night, does anyone here think the Jets could have beaten that team? No f'n way.

This could be another ass kickin up in Foxborough if the CS comes up with their usual Plan A stinker in the first half.

NY Jets68 and SOJAZ like this.
  3. Brook!

Brook! Soft Admin...2018 Friendliest Member Award Winner

Spread is at Jets +7. Apparently Vegas things we aren't huge underdogs. Hope we can game plan properly and pull of a win.

4. NYJetsO12

I thought that Vegas would the Jets at least 10 points..seriously

5. HomeoftheJets

HomeoftheJets Well-Known Member

LaFleur doesn't want Wilson to throw 4 INTs again, so he puts training wheels on him and the Jets lose 20-10 while Wilson throws for 200ish yards, 1 TD, and 1 INT.

Cman68 and REVISion like this.
  6. abyzmul

abyzmul R.J. MacReady, 2018 Funniest Member Award Winner

Mac Jones looks like the conflicted, substance abusing uncle in a teen angst drama on the CW.

Jets: 24
    Pats: 18

All losses will be completely forgotten for 1 week and people will dream about playoffs.

NYJFOREVER, The Dark Knight and cval like this.
  7. cval

cval Well-Known Member

He looked like somebody beat the crap out of him.

NCJetsfan likes this.
  8. SOJAZ

SOJAZ Well-Known Member

HC stated that they tweaked the O and adjusted practice times to get the plays body clocks in sync with GD.. say what? Its time to STFU and get the team to play ball 60 minutes. We'll see if this CS is who we believed they were when they were hired or just wat we have seen... same for for Wilson.

NCJetsfan and NYJetsO12 like this.
  9. Cman68

Tried to listen to Saleh's presser. Didn't know he was such a monotone. He could be a Belichek clone with all the emotion he shows. The eternal Sunshine and Rainbows thing really rings hollow when the team just isn't performing for 60mins. I guess if the HC can't be the chief cheerleader, nobody can. All the good intentions don't mean shit if Saleh and his staff doesn't get this team fixed soon. Oh yeah... ROOKIE, Rookie, rookie.

NCJetsfan, SOJAZ and NYJetsO12 like this.
  10. JackBower

JackBower Well-Known Member

Yup, this game may make all future games pointless. There will be no more growth from here on out and we will see them as finished products.

No point watching after Sunday if we look like trash. Ever again

SOJAZ likes this.
  11. NYJetsO12

SOJAZ is impatient like the rest of us

"growth">>>means weekly progress, improvement and holding the CS accountable. Not necessarily a win but play 4 qtrs please

The GM should get that too

NCJetsfan, Ralebird and SOJAZ like this.
  12. JackBower

Doesn't change the fact than 5 games in, and some people less than 1 game in, that we're saying this is what we have and development is over.

We all wanted to get rid of McCagnan and Gase, part of that is putting on big boy pants and realizing we reset the clock. Demanding change, or giving up on development, less than half a year in is why the jets have been rebuilding for a decade.

The Dark Knight likes this.
  13. Noam

Noam Well-Known Member

Both Atlanta and NE came out against the Jets playing off the line protecting against deep and intermediate throws conceding short passes and running plays. The Jets and Zach did not take advantage of what the defense was giving them. I would expect the Pats to do the same thing until the Jets can show they can sustain an offense running the ball and making short throws. Hopefully, we will see a better showing by the Jets offense.

In the one sense it is great that other teams respect our big play ability and give us easy yards. But, it is also frustrating we cannot take the easy yards they are giving us.

NCJetsfan likes this.
  14. NYJetsO12

You missed the point entirely...nothing wrong in assessing each of the remaining 11 games is there? But carry on..

The end of the Season maybe change things is what I am saying not after 6 games lol ..read all my posts please

BTW Mac and Gase deserved to go

15. JackBower

I wasnt responding to you in the first place, you inserted yourself into the conversation so not sure what we are getting at

16. SOJAZ

SOJAZ Well-Known Member

With all due respect to your comments, this team has not improved week to week. That is the mark of a good CS and players. If you see the same mistakes, same PC that is failing and a team that looks unprepared, at least on the O in most games, then that is poor coaching. Indeed. if the schemes aren't working, (also see C Panthers CS) and they aren't and you do not adjust your schemes to help your players succeed (as this HC preached in OTA and PS) then your an unmitigated failure at your job.

BTW- this CS has had 10 days to prepare this team to beat NE. after watching NE play Dallas into OT, do you really believe that this CS can get their players to match NE intensity and desire to win? I don't because they haven't yet...

17. Mogriffjr

Mogriffjr Well-Known Member

lol Saleh is anything but monotone. Cmon…

NYJFOREVER likes this.
  18. jetophile

jetophile Bruce Coslet's Daughter

Any given Sunday, but I doubt it's this one. Ha, does anyone remember when the Browns drubbed the Cheats with Colt McCoy at QB?

19. Patriot

Patriot Well-Known Member

Wow, I didn't realize the streak was that long.

Maybe the Jets will not beat my Pats, but I expect this to be a very close game.

20. Cman68

Boring to me.. Just my opinion. Again, tried to listen but it slowly became just noise.