2021 - Week 5: New York Jets vs Atlanta Falcons (9:30 AM) - London Baby!

Discussion in 'New York Jets' started by Brook!, Oct 3, 2021.

?

Who will win?

Poll closed Oct 10, 2021.
  1. Jets

84.0%
  2. Falcons

16.0%
  1. TurkJetFan

TurkJetFan Well-Known Member

The whole team sucked and lost in the most typical Jets fashion imaginable. Nothing has changed with this franchise.

semperfigreen likes this.
  2. TurkJetFan

TurkJetFan Well-Known Member

I'm so happy they are not playing next week.

Yankee6, papapump and Jets79 like this.
  3. MoWilkBeast

MoWilkBeast Well-Known Member

There are many reasons why the Jets lost. However there's really just one: Matt Ryan. Without his best receiver he didn't put a foot wrong and showed just how important a good veteran QB is. He wasn't perfect or superhuman by any means but just put the ball in the right place. Did the zimple stuff perfectly. That was the difference. Let's hope that Zach gets there but I have real concerns about his accuracy. The other stuff should sort itself out with experience.

Pepsiguy5 and westiedog1 like this.
  4. roboz08

roboz08 Well-Known Member

Defense failed to get stops on third down when they needed to. It also didn't help that the refs gifted ATL 3 points on the first drive of the game. Zach Wilson was also wildly inaccurate on a lot of throws, including very simple ones.

REVISion and Jets79 like this.
  5. westiedog1

westiedog1 Well-Known Member

This is exactly correct. Ryan showed today why he will be in the HOF.

MoWilkBeast likes this.
  6. bicketybam

bicketybam Well-Known Member

Half the quarter was a Falcons opening FG drive. Jets first possession ended with a 3rd and 2 that Crowder dropped and there was also a Jets penalty on the play which was declined. Atlanta then went on a 6:16 92 yard drive that resulted in a TD.

Next the Jets had the ball with 1:42 left in the quarter. Short pass incomplete to Davis, a run that nets -3 and and an 11 yard pass that is short of a first. Jets punt and the 1q ends with the Falcons with the ball. They then end up working a TD

That's on Wilson? I know you are a mod but that just an awful fucking take. Did you watch the game ffs?

7. Jets79

Jets79 Well-Known Member

not exactly on topic, but I personally just feel like Ryan is the most overrated QB in the league. Kind of like Cousins, his stats are always good to great, but in today’s NFL that’s much easier than it was 20 years ago.

don’t know why I feel that way…he’s certainly worlds better than anyone we’ve had in years for sure, but I just feel like he’s really not done anything…yes that one Super Bowl that he should have won had they just run the ball and kicked a FG, but still

just my two cents….

8. CotcheryFan

CotcheryFan 2018 ROTY Poster Award Winner

This team has shown a tendency to lose games like this, so I'm not shocked by the outcome. This trend of not showing much life in the first quarter of games is troubling though.

REVISion, Acad23 and MoWilkBeast like this.
  9. MoWilkBeast

MoWilkBeast Well-Known Member

The O comes out so flat you have to wonder how much time they are spending on scripted plays. The D was equally flat today, but I'm not entirely shocked by that, expecting them to compensate for the O every game is unrealistic. They are still pretty young at key positions themselves and a down game was only to be expected.

Jets79 likes this.
  10. bicketybam

bicketybam Well-Known Member

The Jets had the ball twice and we're down 17-0.

Jets79 likes this.
  11. sozopol

sozopol Well-Known Member

poor guy, his dad is from Long Island. He should have gone with Philly or Pittsburgh

12. ConcordeChops

ConcordeChops 2018 International Poster Award Winner

Todays takeaways:

1) Fuck this team
    2) Younghoe Koo is one hell of a kicker
    3) Fuck this team

Pepsiguy5 likes this.
  13. REVISion

REVISion Well-Known Member

Way too many penalties for another week in a row. Bad misses on short throws by Wilson. Defense allowed too many bad 3rd down conversions.

legler82 and IIMeanDeanII like this.
  14. westiedog1

westiedog1 Well-Known Member

I think it's perfectly on topic. People are going to point fingers at Wilson, Saleh, LeFleur, the defense, ad infinitum, but this game was won by Ryan performing as a seasoned pro, plain and simple. I get that you don't like him, that's fine. Nevertheless, he's a sure fire HOFer and he played like one today.

papapump likes this.
  15. KWJetsFan

KWJetsFan Well-Known Member

I know we have a rookie head coach and offensive coordinator, but I'm getting really tired of coming out so flat early in games. It's like we just give away the first quarter every single game. We don't seem to get it in gear until after the half. Also, I'll be patient with Wilson for sure, but he missed some easy, like REALLY easy passes today. That's the kind of stuff I want to see as no-brainer completions for him. At least get that aspect of the game down.

Jets79, IIMeanDeanII and REVISion like this.
  16. barfolomew

barfolomew Well-Known Member

I really thought we were going to win this one. Disappointed.

17. IDFjet

IDFjet Well-Known Member

I'm not going to say you are wrong that Ryan will get into HOF but it will be because of politics and ATL ownership pressure if he gets in. He's an above average QB who has been given great offensive personnel throughout his career. Maybe that's enough on its merits but not surefire IMO.

barfolomew likes this.
  18. Mogriffjr

Mogriffjr Well-Known Member

19. BrowningNagle

BrowningNagle Well-Known Member

the comeback, if you want to call it that, was not good. After they got down 17-0 I was hoping for a big blow out so Ambassador Johnson would've been embarrassed in front of his rich London friends.