2021 - Week 17: New York Jets vs Tampa Bay Buccaneers

Discussion in 'New York Jets' started by Brook!, Dec 26, 2021.

?

Who will win?

Poll closed Jan 2, 2022.
  1. Jets

9.5%
  2. Buccaneers

90.5%
  1. Sandman

Sandman Well-Known Member

I like that he went for it. I could see his point of view. If we got the 1st the game was over. Or they had 93 yards to go in under 2 mins and had to get a TD. The game meant nothing to the season so why not. The play call though was just awful on that for me. Up the gut into their strongest part of the line. I wanted an edge play on that for sure.

2. ColoradoContrails

ColoradoContrails Well-Known Member

If Zack made that choice he deserves heat. That said, the CS should never have given him that option. He's a rookie FFS, and has a rep as taking games into his own hands - that's what got him in trouble earlier in the season. The CS should've called a jet sweep or some kind of run to the outside and not introduced confusion into it.

Pepsiguy5, truthbtold and Acad23 like this.
  3. IIMeanDeanII

IIMeanDeanII Well-Known Member

I disagree. The reverse had worked all game and It was open there too. You go for It In that situation 100% of the time when we are a 4-11 team, going against a Brady offense, with a couple yards to seal the deal. You go for that every time and don't look back.

4. JetsUK

JetsUK Well-Known Member

taking the points was not the right call (and no FG is 100% certain especially for the Jets) - going for it was the right decision it was just executed really, really badly

5. REVISion

REVISion Well-Known Member

Going for it gave us about a 5% higher chance of winning the game. The playcall was awful though.

6. ColoradoContrails

Again, I have to agree. But while Zack deserves some blame, it was a dumb call by the CS. "Option" should not have been any part of any play call they sent in.

Br4d likes this.
  7. Sandman

Sandman Well-Known Member

I kind of agree with this. I wanted us to show some spirits. Some good plays. Decent game from Zach, push them hard and maybe win but if we lost and we played well I could take it. I think with all the players we have out we did very well. Showed most of those things and could have won. Not down after that games thats for sure.

NCJetsfan and Losmeister like this.
  8. BroadwayAaron

BroadwayAaron Well-Known Member

Not sure how much more we could have wanted from today. I would have preferred a win but Zach played easily his best game of the year and we competed as a full unit against the defending Super Bowl champions… and our draft position went unharmed. Injuries on the offensive line made the second half a nightmare and that 4th and 2 debacle is what cost us the game. Love the decision, hate the play call.

lots of good things to take away from this one, hopefully people can find ways to put aside their desire to be miserable.

NCJetsfan, cval and ColoradoContrails like this.
  9. IIMeanDeanII

IIMeanDeanII Well-Known Member

Wilson doesn't get completely absolved either though, you got to know the situation there.. When you are playing at a high level, you have to know a QB sneak Is never a good idea outside of a yard to go. The coaching staff should be condemned for It though because not only should they have communicated that the option Isn't an option In that situation, even though It should've been common sense to Wilson there to do the reverse, the CS even had a full timeout to communicate that expectation there as well.

It was just bad all the way around. Wilson, CS, they all deserve blame there.

HomeoftheJets and Br4d like this.
  10. CotcheryFan

CotcheryFan 2018 ROTY Poster Award Winner

I bet Giants fans hate that play call more than we do.

Poeman likes this.
  11. Attackett

Attackett Well-Known Member

Great call to go for it, horrible communication on the play call and even worse decision by Zach.

Disappointing loss but definitely starting to see some signs of encouragement, need another offseason like last offseason and of course Zach to keep improving.

MoWilkBeast, cval, Br4d and 3 others like this.
  12. NYJetsO12

NYJetsO12 Well-Known Member

Hmmm..Maybe so CC...so what super studs of note we're missing (seriously)

13. Acad23

Acad23 Well-Known Member

Saleh being diplomatic. Taking the heat off Zach.

14. Losmeister

Losmeister Well-Known Member

all you qunts who root for us to lose?
    Trevor Lawrence 17/27 193 1TD 3INT

ColoradoContrails likes this.
  15. MoWilkBeast

MoWilkBeast Well-Known Member

Yeah I get that, which was why I said I understood why coaches do it, but sending a PS RB up against a stout interior run D in that situation is a recipie for zero gain and a 3 and out. When they needed to get a bit more creative at the start of the last drive they got yardage.

16. papapump

papapump Well-Known Member

If the play call was as stated, it was on the CS. Wilson should not be held responsible for their botching the play.

NCJetsfan likes this.
  17. ColoradoContrails

Oh I agree, and said so several times already, that Zack deserves some blame. But it was a mistake by a rookie QB who was used to winning games like that in college. I doubt he repeats that mistake. But again, the CS should NEVER have sent that play in.

NCJetsfan likes this.
  18. Savatage

Savatage Well-Known Member

That was my take, too.

19. ColoradoContrails

I'm going to still hold Wilson accountable to some degree. I want my FQB to recognize a shitty play call and change it.

NCJetsfan and Losmeister like this.
  20. CotcheryFan

CotcheryFan 2018 ROTY Poster Award Winner

He doesn't seem like the type who rips his players in public.