2021 - Week 12: New York Jets at Houston Texans

Discussion in 'New York Jets' started by Brook!, Nov 21, 2021.

?

Who will win?

Poll closed Nov 28, 2021.
  1. Jets

54.8%
  2. Texans

45.2%
  1. MoWilkBeast

MoWilkBeast Well-Known Member

That's the concerning bit for sure. The odd wow through here and there doesn't make up for the gimmes being too high or low as they have been far too often. He's got a long way to go.

Jets79, Ralebird, SOJAZ and 5 others like this.
  2. BroadwayAaron

BroadwayAaron Well-Known Member

Complaining implies I care. If something a stranger says on the internet affects your day, seek help. It’s just always fun to read the extreme opinions. Not saying all are extreme but they sure exist.

Yes I watched the game. Wilson did what he needed to do in the second half after a trainwreck first half. I don’t care about the yardage, the run game was absolutely rolling. If we didn’t focus on the run, we’d be stupid. He barely threw a pass in the fourth quarter and by design. Hes coming off a four week injury 10 weeks into his rookie year. Couldn’t fathom drawing conclusions right now.

mrjet80, cval and ColoradoContrails like this.
  3. Jonathan_Vilma

Jonathan_Vilma Well-Known Member

I only say it because you have great insight when you’re not frustrated by the opinions around you on this board.

Wilson played a below average game against a bad defense. We shouldn’t be satisfied with that.

Jets79 and Jets69 like this.
  4. ColoradoContrails

ColoradoContrails Well-Known Member

NVM

5. Jonathan_Vilma

Jonathan_Vilma Well-Known Member

The concerning part is that he didn’t have any of those flashes like we saw against the Titans. He had the deer in headlights look all game long, even once the heavy waves settled down.

By the same account, wins matter. Good on him for making sure to secure the win.

MoWilkBeast likes this.
  6. CaptainCap

CaptainCap Well-Known Member

One more win than last year. Week 16 battle of the No.1 vs No.2 draft picks.:eek:

7. abyzmul

abyzmul R.J. MacReady, 2018 Funniest Member Award Winner

Whatever else, I think we can say the Jets aren't the worst team in the league.

SOJAZ, dawinner127 and MoWilkBeast like this.
  8. BroadwayAaron

I’m not frustrated at all. I am walking out of this thread with the exact same mindset I walked into it with. He had a terrible first half back after four weeks off with an injury and then did exactly what he was asked to do in the second half. I don’t care about the numbers because the game plan smartly shifted towards the running game for most of the second half and he barely threw a pass in the fourth quarter because he didn’t have to. you mentioned it in another post but I don’t care that he didn’t have any flashes like he did on the Titans game because he didn’t have to. And that to me is a good sign. He did exactly what we wanted, he took what the defense gave him and he didn’t force any terrible throws outside of the absolute bonehead pick.

and really a lot of credit should be going to MLF for calling a fantastic game outside of the last series that led to the final field goal. He made it easy on his rookie quarterback who is trying to work his way back into playing in the NFL on the road against a team that plays cover two and had 10 takeaways in the last two weeks. i’m not going to call it a 180 but the guy has done a solid 110, 130 from the beginning of the season and I have to believe that calling the game from the booth is making up at least 75% of that.

ColoradoContrails likes this.
  9. Dierking

Dierking Well-Known Member

Zach looked like dogshit all game, why sugarcoat it? If this is what he is, and there’s scant evidence he’s something more, the Jets better be looking to move on sooner rather than later.

Jets79, SOJAZ, Brook! and 3 others like this.
  10. BroadwayAaron

See, these are the exact posts I meant. Love it.

KY Jets Fan, NCJetsfan and cval like this.
  11. BroadwayAaron

Fully expected this to be the case and I think it was pretty clear watching him operate. Super tentative to do almost anything that could get him hit. I also fully believe that the interception was a business decision. A costly one but absolutely a business decision.

NCJetsfan likes this.
  12. CotcheryFan

CotcheryFan 2018 ROTY Poster Award Winner

It's great that LaFleur is no longer considered part of the problem.

NCJetsfan and dawinner127 like this.
  13. Dierking

I guess you’ve got the bar set to where you can finally see over it if you stand on your tippy toes.

14. Br4d

Br4d 2018 Weeb Ewbank Award

The Jets gave Zach about 20 competitive reps (against other teams) in camp. They spit him out on the field game one with literally no idea how he was going to perform other than their fantasies that he was worth a top 2 draft pick.

The coaches responsible for his development were all rookies themselves in the positions they held with the Jets.

Those coaches all came from an organization that has flipped and flopped back and forth between their potential QB's for several seasons due to injuries with some talent questions also in the mix there.

Whether or not Zach was ever going to be an NFL caliber QB the Jets basically managed every decision around him from the worst possible angle and made the chances of his ultimate success worse with each one.

There are no adults in the house at this point to rectify the problems and again that is going to make things worse.

15. IIMeanDeanII

IIMeanDeanII Well-Known Member

My problem.

Several times. Several, several times during the game. I found myself saying...

"If Joe Flacco was In there, this offense would be looking completely functional right now."

That Isn't a good sign from an observational perspective as a NYJ fan. I shouldn't be thinking about our backups being the better option at this juncture. IDK.

I realize people think I'm just a Wilson hater. That's fine.

Darnold gave me more hope his rookie year. Seriously. From an unbiased perspective, that's the truth. That truth, stinks.

Jets79, Yankee6, SOJAZ and 2 others like this.
  16. BroadwayAaron

If that’s what makes you feel better about riding a week to week wave of emotions when history and logic dictate a QB can indeed get better after the first 5 games of his career, sure.

17. BroadwayAaron

Bills should have stuck with Tyrod

18. mrjet80

mrjet80 Well-Known Member

I’d have to agree. Obviously he’s been shaky to say the least but he’s played 6 whole games on a rebuilding team with below average protection. Coming from a college which isn’t exactly an NFL 101 prototype.

He really shouldn’t of started right away I don’t care if he’s the #2 pick….

19. CotcheryFan

CotcheryFan 2018 ROTY Poster Award Winner

The biggest issue IMO is he was asked to start on day 1 behind an OL that had 2 new faces and an offense that wasn't established yet.

20. Dierking

Okay. Until then why such a hard on when people point out the glaringly obvious—that there’s precious little (like none) evidence he’s gotten better.

Ralebird, abyzmul and IIMeanDeanII like this.