2021 Schedule Release

Discussion in 'New York Jets' started by BroadwayAaron, May 12, 2021.

1. REVISion

REVISion Well-Known Member

Leave it to the NFL to throw us a curveball week 1. Really hope we beat the Panthers and Wilson plays decently so we can minimize the media circus right out of the gate.

It looks like we have the 20th toughest schedule in the league. Not bad overall.

Borat likes this.
  2. K'OB

K'OB 2021 TGG Fantasy Football Champ

Yes, it has been a little annoying, I worked all the way through the other lockdowns but there were around 20 of us who had done so, so work in their infinite wisdom decided it wasn't fair on us, so to even it up they put us on furlough so we could get that home holiday but unfortunately, the government had changed the rules from, 80% of the average wage to 80% of basic, hello double-edged sword.

I mean I have loved the time off, who wouldn't but you work for money not love of the job (not that I hate mine either tbh) but yes, there will be a lot of layby stoppages and stretching the day out for an extra hour for a few months to come to grab some cash back into the bank lol

I hope your own situation picks up soon as well pal.

NCJetsfan likes this.
  3. K'OB

He will be determined to prove us wrong from the off, better this way than having played poorly for 4 or 5 games and then facing us.

4. K'OB

Yes so much better watching it at 6pm until 9ish :D

donkey likes this.
  5. IIMeanDeanII

IIMeanDeanII Well-Known Member

There is nothing saying he would play poorly In his first 4 or 5 games though. That's just an opinion.

It's not better for him either. This adds significant pressure on the kid, he can't catch a break honestly. Instead of having some games to set the tone, gel with that offense, and settle In. He has to face his former team In which he was highly scrutinized and not given much help at all here, with the pressure of proving that the Jets made a mistake right out of the gate against the team that just drafted a new baby faced QB In Zach Wilson.

It obviously makes for good TV, but, Sam Darnold gets fucked over again In the process. In my opinion.

#FeelsBad

NCJetsfan likes this.
  6. K'OB

I never said he would play poorly, it was a what-if situation.

As for what is better for him, respectfully, why is it that your thought is the correct one and not mine?

I say to you that it is your opinion only, like mine was also.

I will change it to IF IT WAS ME, I would rather play the Jets first-up than see that fixture in the future 5 or 6 games down the road and having it needlessly brought up in every post-game interview until it had been and gone.

This Sam Darnold getting fucked over line, is also getting boring, the man, yes a fully grown adult man, is earning a fortune to play sport, fucking get on with it. If he fails he will walk away from the NFL a rich man with the rest of his life in front of him.

Please somebody come and fuck me over like this right now.

Jets81 likes this.
  7. BrowningNagle

BrowningNagle Well-Known Member

9 home games and a neutral site game. IF this team had any talent I swear...

Jets81, Borat and bmfc1 like this.
  8. REVISion

REVISion Well-Known Member

Sam's opener will be against the team that was the 2nd worst team in the league last year, should we really feel that bad for him? If he can't beat us with a brand new coach/QB that's on him and further evidence we did the right thing by trading him.

Acad23, HomeoftheJets, cval and 3 others like this.
  9. BrowningNagle

BrowningNagle Well-Known Member

he's probably going to kick our asses

10. mrjet80

mrjet80 Well-Known Member

True - not to mention 6 home games out of 8 weeks towards the end of the year.

11. Borat

Borat Well-Known Member

That's exactly what I was going to say. The only thing to add is that he is also playing at home. And he is a 3 year vet. Compare to that to rookie Zach who has to play against former face on NYJ in his first ever NFL game, on the road. If Sam outplays him, he won't hear the end of it in NY. No one will care that's his first game and Sam's 4th year. Why again are we feeling bad for Sam? He is not a Jet anymore and our own Jets QB is in a tougher spot, also playing against a tougher team than Jets were last year. Sam needs to step up against whoever he plays, because he already was one of the bottom QB for 3 years.

HomeoftheJets and REVISion like this.
  12. major33

major33 Well-Known Member

We just see both these issues completely opposite. Darnold sucks and I don't care about him. Game 1 should be about Zach Wilson, not Shitty Sam. We can wait for the shitty Sam show after Zach has had a chance to take center stage. Now the talk is about Darnold revenge? Who cares??? Nobody cares about Sam Darnold unless you're a Panthers fan looking for a win. This completely messes with game 1 preparation. I would rather play on the road in KC game 1 than have "Sam's Revenge." :rolleyes::rolleyes::rolleyes:

And I like to do stuff Sunday mornings and then prepare for football. Not helpful either for betting purposes. 9am to midnight of the NFL, no thanks. There's games Thursday, Sunday and Monday, plus tons of college football. We don't need the Jets at 9am.

13. BroadwayAaron

BroadwayAaron Well-Known Member

Why should the NFL give a shit about what the Jets and their fans want? Like I said I hate it from a football perspective but it makes all the sense in the world business wise.

mrjet80 likes this.
  14. major33

As a Jets fan, you should feel bad for Zach Wilson for having to put up with the Sam Darnold nonsense in his first game. For us, this about Zach, not Sam. I don't get the fascination in this thread about worrying about Sam or what he may or may not do against us. He is not a Jet anymore.

HomeoftheJets, Borat and REVISion like this.
  15. major33

Well, the first part is an excellent point and 100% spot on. They don't give a shit. From a business perspective, Zach Wilson's debut will draw a crowd no matter who we play and a ridiculous "revenge game" will sell in week 8 just the same. I'd rather play Miami or New England in week 1. Both those teams would draw a much bigger crowd than Sam Darnold & for us it would be all about Zach & our other rooks.

16. RonPi

RonPi Well-Known Member

Full sched is here if you haven't seen it yet:

Ron

17. Borat

Borat Well-Known Member

We'll see. I agree he has an advantage since Jets are basically a brand new team now with rookie coach and QB, while Panthers are on the second year with new coach, have veteran QB, and did better than the Jets last year, plus are at home.

With that said, I think Jets can beat Panthers. One of the reasons is ... Sam. I will not be surprised if Sam plays worse than Teddy did last year and downgrades their most important position. While they were competitive last year, they didn't win a whole lot, and there is a real chance Sam downgrades their QB spot from last year.

NCJetsfan and REVISion like this.
  18. FJF

FJF 2018 MVP Joe Namath Award Winner

That week 18 v Buffalo will probably be flexed to prime time with the division on the line.

Brook!, donkey and Jonathan_Vilma like this.
  19. Jonathan_Vilma

Jonathan_Vilma Well-Known Member

You really think Buffalo is going to be 13-3 heading into week 18?

Brook! and donkey like this.
  20. No Fly Zone

No Fly Zone Well-Known Member

Darnold vs. Mayfield type game, because Darnold stil plays like a rookie 3 years in.

NCJetsfan and The Dark Knight like this.