2021 Schedule Release

Discussion in 'New York Jets' started by BroadwayAaron, May 12, 2021.

1. K'OB

K'OB 2021 TGG Fantasy Football Champ

I'm guessing the grade has already been written

[​IMG]

Jonathan_Vilma likes this.
  2. The Dark Knight

The Dark Knight Well-Known Member

That is a good point. If the Panthers completely tank it is the #33 overall pick, and if they win the Super Bowl it is the #64 overall pick, so likely somewhere in the middle of that. Either way, it looks highly likely that the Jets will have 4 picks in the Top 50 of the 2022 draft. I love what Joe Douglas is doing!

REVISion and K'OB like this.
  3. major33

major33 Well-Known Member

Ok, I wasn't sure if you really care. At this point, it seems as if Mr. Ralebird doesn't seem to recall anything he says, and instead tells me what to think as he's criticizing me for telling him what to think. He's very depressing. Must live in NY. :eek: Read what ButtBird says. I've responded to it all. He's depressed about the direction of the team. In some ways I get it but get over it, you're not a 12 year old kid anymore. How are you not excited about a new coaching staff, new QB, new RB, new OL, new WRs, SPEED, development of Becton, Wiliams, & how our new defense will look?!?

I have sat through so many shitty Jets games starting with my first one in 1980 against the 49ers, that I don't care if anyone criticizes my Jets knowledge. The past 10 years sucked. We are heading in the right direction until we are not.

We could use a young Jonathan Vilma to solidify the middle of our defense.

KingRoach and K'OB like this.
  4. Jonathan_Vilma

Jonathan_Vilma Well-Known Member

Trust me when I say my post was a dig at Uncle Fester, not you.

K'OB and major33 like this.
  5. KingRoach

KingRoach Well-Known Member

I take offense. Not everyone who lives in the city is a depressing, self absorbed, delusional, unlikable bore.

major33 likes this.
  6. major33

I meant the entire state. It's more like sad. :(

7. Ralebird

Ralebird Well-Known Member

I recall all I've said; what I don't recall is when it became acceptable to put words in the mouth of another. Why do you think it's okay to make up shit? I'm not depressed at all but it certainly is depressing to see people like you fail so badly at reading comprehension that you have no idea what was written at all. Of course that doesn't stop you from letting your imagination run wild. I guess that's as acceptable as making up middle school names to call adults - "you're not a 12 year old kid anymore." But you act like one.

Why the hell should anyone be excited about new players, coaches or management until they accomplish something? It's not like that hasn't been repeated over and over here for more than fifty years with little to show for it. If and when the team moves in a different direction than it has for years there may be a reason for a change of attitude. You can feel free to celebrate before there's a reason to do so. You probably were just as bad when Darnold got drafted and Gase was hired; the only thing different so far is the posters on your wall, no doubt.

8. Ralebird

Yeah, because you're so fond of being misrepresented, I suppose. Exactly what is it that you posted that added to the conversation here? Off-topic and irrelevant is no way to go through life, son.

9. major33

10. Ralebird

So, what were you saying when Darnold was drafted and Gase got hired? Obviously they were supposed to represent positive changes; you must have been all over that shit. How long does it take for the "excitement" wear off?

And it is a very simple process for you to supply a link to show where I said those things your imagination is telling you I said that are total bullshit. Vilma (the buttinski) says there were eight of them; you're a winner if you can prove two.

#210 Ralebird, May 16, 2021
    Last edited: May 16, 2021
  11. Jonathan_Vilma

Jonathan_Vilma Well-Known Member

Ugh so many questions.

major33 likes this.
  12. major33

A different situation when Darnold and Gase came aboard. Mike Maccagnan was the GM & we were all very familiar with Gase. No, I was not excited when Darnold was drafted since I really did not have him on my draft board. However, I was willing to give him a short leash.

Also, we have 4 first round picks between this year and next plus another 2 second rounders. We are in a much better position with the salary cap, draft, GM, HC, OC, DC, & we have a really dynamic WR, someone not seen around these parts since Johnny Lam Jones was supposed to be it.

Darnold sucks. Either move on or create a thread about your love of Sam Darnold and the Carolina Panthers. All the Darnold fanboys can commiserate what might have been. It may be therapeutic since it will be your Sam safe space.

13. Ralebird

I am sorry to inform you that I never believed Darnold was the savior of the Jets and I never favored the "suck for Sam" strategy..

Another total fabrication on your part.

I know exactly how many draft spots the Jets currently hold - let me know when any of them come with a guarantee.

14. KingRoach

KingRoach Well-Known Member

Ralebird has a lack of optimism while Vilma has a lack of reality. Who do I root for?

I’ll go for unrealistic optimism aka let’s go Jets. I think that’s closer to Vilma.

cval likes this.
  15. NCJetsfan

NCJetsfan Well-Known Member

Regular Season
    WK DATE OPPONENT
    1 Sun, Sep 12 @ Carolina - L

2 Sun, Sep 19 NE - L

3 Sun, Sep 26 @ Denver - ?

4 Sun, Oct 3 Tennessee - ?

5 Sun, Oct 10 - vs Atlanta - ?

6 BYE WEEK

7 Sun, Oct 24 @ NE - W

8 Sun, Oct 31 Cincinnati - W

9 Thu, Nov 4 @ Indianapolis - L

10 Sun, Nov 14 Buffalo - L

11 Sun, Nov 21 Miami - ?

12 Sun, Nov 28 @ Houston - W

13 Sun, Dec 5 Philadelphia - W

14 Sun, Dec 12 New Orleans - W

15 Sun, Dec 19 @ Miami - ?

16 Sun, Dec 26 Jacksonville - W

17 Sun, Jan 2 Tampa Bay - L

18 Sun, Jan 9 @ Buffalo - L

I think there are 4 games that are almost certainly losses: Tampa Bay, Indianapolis, and both Buffalo games. There are 4 other games that I think should definitely be wins: Jacksonville, Houston, Philadelphia and Cincinnati. I think we could also beat New Orleans, Tennessee, Denver, Atlanta, and Carolina, and possibly split with NE and Miami. It will all depend on how quickly the players take to the new schemes and our ability to stop the run. If we have a good run defense, then I think we beat NO and Tennessee, and probably NE at least once. If things gel quickly, we can beat one or two of Denver, Tennessee and Atlanta, but I don't think that we'd win all three.

16. major33

We need to clip your wings or tape your beak shut. Probably both but YOU asked me a question about Darnold. YOU said I was probably all giddy when we drafted Darnold and tried to relate it to our current situation.

Whether you're a Darnold fanboy or not, I don't care. Although creepy, that is your issue, not mine. Most people are aware that I hated Sam's game then and my opinion of him has not changed. He sucks. Why any Jets fan or fan of quality QB play would give 2 craps about seeing Sam in game 1 is beyond my comprehension. So I question it since that is what you do on a message board.

Your last line is strange. I would think having 2 firsts and 2 seconds next season would have us in a good position heading into this season and the offseason. That would be cause for optimism among the normal person. What's with the guarantee? Nobody is really ever a guarantee. This year Pitts, Chase, and Waddle are the closest you're going to get. If we had Wilson already, Pitts probably would have been the choice. Next year we will be in a position to do many things in the draft. Maybe you'll get excited between now and then. Most likely not.

17. major33

I think week 3 is by far our toughest game out of the first 4. Playing Denver on the road in September is not a winning combination. Week 1 is probably the easiest out of the first 4. Turnover game. Sam throws 4 picks.

18. Ralebird

The only people here who need their wings clipped or beaks sealed is those who put words in the mouths of others - that's not me, 33.

How can you be so sure about what everyone here wants, is thinking and "should" do while refusing to admit that you are the personification of a fanboi? I don't know why you would believe that anyone here is interested enough in your thoughts about any player to commit them to memory. You're the one who has constantly brought Darnold into this conversation - not me. If you say you weren't "excited" about Darnold, so be it, but if you say you also were never "excited" about Smith, Sanchez, Clemens, Bollinger or Pennington (although I doubt you go back that far) I'd ask what sets Wilson apart from them - why the sudden "excitement" for Wilson? Is that not "creepy"?

You may "think" that having four picks in the first two rounds a year from now is worthy of excitement, my history of watching hundreds of Jets draftees says otherwise. Show me results, then I might get excited! What's strange about that?