2021 Runningback thread

Discussion in 'Draft' started by Jonathan_Vilma, Sep 28, 2020.

1. Jonathan_Vilma

Jonathan_Vilma Well-Known Member

Different position but I know you've been in on Myers from OSU. If you have time this afternoon, take a look at Trey Smith from Tennessee against a top flight defensive front today in Georgia.

2. WoodyHarrelson

WoodyHarrelson Well-Known Member

Again, do I need to reference y’all to Etienne? Dudes the next Barry Sanders. I’d consider trading back slightly and taking him top 10. He’s that good.

3. CotcheryFan

CotcheryFan 2018 ROTY Poster Award Winner

Didn't get to watch him. As long as his blood clot issue is behind him, I'd have no problem if we got him. The interior needs to be upgraded.

4. Smith has come a long way technique wise. Hes extremely explosive w his hands & through his hips... would not surprise to see him go Late RD 1.

Jonathan_Vilma likes this.
  5. CotcheryFan

Have you watched Wyatt Davis? I've seen a few mocks having him go on day 1. BTW, looks like you were right to be skeptical about Thomas. Giants fans aren't thrilled with him so far.

6. I havent seen any of Wyatt but ill take a look when i have a chance. Smith i know as hes been a prospect for a few yrs now.In actuality there are a few not just good but downright
    special OL in this 2021 class.

Sewell
    Humphrie
    Smith
    Leatherwood
    Davis

Thomas actually landed w the perfect team for his skillset & think when its all said & done he’ll be a very solid OT for 10 yrs.But i watched his tape starting his Freshman yr as a possibility for the Jets & i knew he was not the greatest mirroring in longer pass sets & lacked some blocking coordination. We’re seeing that now

7. Jonathan_Vilma

Jonathan_Vilma Well-Known Member

He's also a massive man with a wide frame. The type of guy that even if you 'beat' will still have a chance at blocking you from that guard spot because he's got such a big frame to go around. Like those really tall 6'5"+ NHL goalies.

Tennessee in general got beat up in the run game by the Dogs though.

KurtTheJetsFan likes this.
  8. CotcheryFan

Back to the thread topic, Journey Brown from Penn State could be a nice day 2 or day 3 pickup.

9. b.reyes16

b.reyes16 Well-Known Member

Should throw UNC RB Javonte Williams name into the high day 2 conversation. He's got the most broken tackles in the country and projects as a three-down back--good hands and solid in pass pro. Has great balance and enough of a second gear to hit home runs here and there as well, will probably run around a 4.5. Don't like to project how a player's career might pan out, but in terms of just play style, he reminds me a lot of Kareem Hunt.

I've been hearing his name come up in the Heisman convo, but more likely that he'll end up in the Doak Walker camp.

10. WoodyHarrelson

WoodyHarrelson Well-Known Member

Etienne has slipped a bit but still remains the target for the first pick in RD 2 imo. RB's are just so dispensable so it's a luxury imo. He reminds me of a more straight line Dalvin Cook. Still a target,

11. Rockinz

Rockinz Well-Known Member

Harris from Bama is going to be a horse in the NFL. I’d love to grab him in the second round if he’s there.

12. Rockinz

Rockinz Well-Known Member

He’s a hybrid of Zeke/Henry. Some others posted he’s more Henry but I feel he’s more like Zeke because of his frame and his abilities to catch the ball and lower the shoulder. Not the home run hitter type like Cook or Kamara. Hes an absolute work horse first down freak with top end strength and athleticism. He’s going to be a beast in the nfl

13. DefenseWinsChampionships

Me too. He's my favorite RB coming out and I absolutely love his violent style of run and couldn't imagine him rushing behind Becton.

He reminds me of a mixture of Derrick Henry and Adrian Peterson and you're correct he's going to become an absolute NFL HORSE to feed.

Against Georgia an SEC defense this year carried the ball 31 times for 150+ rushing yards and 1 rushing TD (and kept getting stronger as the game went on). I love him.

14. CotcheryFan

Kenny Gainwell is still my top target.

15. b.reyes16

b.reyes16 Well-Known Member

Upsetting to see Journey will be retiring due to a heart condition. Was a clear top rb in this class.

16. TouchyFeely

TouchyFeely Well-Known Member

He was my sleeper pick with him missing time this year. Another athletic freak from Penn State the RB factory. Would’ve loved to see him in green.

17. CotcheryFan

Welp, that sucks. Would've been nice to see him play for us.

18. Snatch Catch

Snatch Catch Well-Known Member

HOLY SMOKES Did anyone else see what Najee Harris just did?!?

19. ColoradoContrails

ColoradoContrails Well-Known Member

I'd LOVE the Jets to get Harris! I'd take him ahead of any of the WRs I think because you can still get a really good WR later.

EDIT:

Yes, I saw this live and I think it's one of the most spectacular plays I've ever seen from a RB.

Snatch Catch likes this.
  20. That play happened bc the defender took a terrible angle,turned sideways w absolutely zero leverage bc he didnt want to make the tackle.

Harris leaves his feet on a play like that at the next level he will end up on IR very quickly.