2021 NFL Wild Card Weekend

Discussion in 'National Football League' started by CotcheryFan, Jan 15, 2022.

1. Acad23

Acad23 Well-Known Member

CM28 sighting

Jonathan_Vilma likes this.
  2. jetophile

jetophile Bruce Coslet's Daughter

I fell asleep 10 mins into the 1st Q and woke up with 4 mins left in the 4th. What did I miss? o_O

The Cardinals started out looking legit the first legs of the season and then poof! I was going for the Rams because they have a much better chance of beating Tom Cheat . . . although those refs . . . bank it.

3. jetophile

jetophile Bruce Coslet's Daughter

Doug Cheatie, I mean, Flutie did better than alright, but he was kind of the Wayne Gretzky of the NFL/CFL. Flutie and Gretzky would get murdered today, btw, but you do certainly have a point.

EDIT: Autocorrect, and yes, I do know Flutie was taller than Murray.

#263 jetophile, Jan 18, 2022
    Last edited: Jan 18, 2022
  4. cval

cval Well-Known Member

Good Morning Football where very hard on Kylar this morning.

5. JetsKickAss

JetsKickAss Well-Known Member

Gretzky and Flutie played when the NHL and NFL were light-years roughter with less protections for star players.

JetBlue and FJF like this.
  6. Br4d

Br4d 2018 Weeb Ewbank Award

Gretzky could play in any era and he'd be ok. Absolutely insane vision, skating and stickhandling skills and the officials protected him from a lot of the chippy crap that was prevalent when he played. The Oilers also always had a goon on hand to beat the living crap out of anybody who went near him.

Gretzky was also revered across Canada and the guy who ended his career would have had to move out of the country.

7. statjeff22

statjeff22 2008 Green Guy "Most Knowledgeable" Award Winner

The connection between Kingsbury and Murray makes it tough to sort all of this out. Murray looked completely awful, and you have to wonder if he will ever be able to stay on the field given his size, but the narrative that Kingsbury was the ideal coach for him probably has to change. The fact is that Kingsbury has shown no evidence in his entire career (college and pro) that he is anything other than an exceedingly mediocre coach. Every year, when it comes to games down the stretch, he is badly outcoached.

JetBlue, cval, FJF and 2 others like this.
  8. Br4d

Br4d 2018 Weeb Ewbank Award

Murray is unlikely to have a long career as a scrambler, even though he is a great one. All it takes is one miscalculation or blindspot hit and he's done.

The question is whether he can pull a Russell Wilson and become great from the pocket with only an occasional scramble to get out of trouble.

9. bicketybam

bicketybam Well-Known Member

The int he threw from his own end zone was atrocious. One if the worst plays I've ever seen.

10. Jonathan_Vilma

Jonathan_Vilma Well-Known Member

They also need to load up their offensive line and spend some money/assets to protect him which is what the Seahawks did with Russell Wilson early in his career before they gave up on doing so. They’ve drafted two hybrid linebackers in the first round with top rated tackles on the board.

It’s understated how important the offensive line is not only to protect the quarterback, but also for a player of his height to have throwing lanes opened up. He missed several receivers yesterday who were running wide open on crossing routes because he couldn’t see them unless he broke the pocket and then it was too late.

Couldn’t agree more. Kingsbury was sub .500 at Texas Tech with only two winning seasons in six years.

#270 Jonathan_Vilma, Jan 18, 2022
    Last edited: Jan 18, 2022
    NYJetsO12 likes this.
  11. NYJetsO12

NYJetsO12 Well-Known Member

You were right about M McCarthy too..sigh. And when Jets had opportunity they passed on MM

All that talent and Dallas is still waiting in the wings for a SB entry card...unbelievable

Most of the pundits on ESPN were ripping sad ole M Mcarthy for having the Cowboys unprepared for special situations in the Wild Card game as well as all year for that matter

12. FJF

FJF 2018 MVP Joe Namath Award Winner

When you say one of , I assume this is the other one

bicketybam and JetBlue like this.
  13. Losmeister

Losmeister Well-Known Member

Nice to see Stafford get his first post season win.

PLayed pretty damned cleanly. Now that I see him more, I'll say it again, more like Favre than anybody since.

14. cval

cval Well-Known Member

He will have to play less like Favre if they want to make the SB. Like Favre he likes to throw some ill-advised passes at inopportune times. He plays clean the Rams have a shot of winning it all.

That pass Favre threw against Philly in OT in the playoffs takes him out of any GOAT conversation and if you ask me does not make a top 10 list.

15. Losmeister

pretty much implied... but...even BF was able to string games together where he played more clean than not... so its all aboutdoing that in PO time for MS...

play a string of good games and THIS team might be able to mitigate some bad plays sprinkled in

cval likes this.
  16. 50ShadesOfGreen

50ShadesOfGreen Well-Known Member

I'm rooting for Stafford. I think a Rams vs Bills superbowl would be fun to watch.

Losmeister likes this.
  17. Losmeister

this wacky chick (and MD actually) who is a football fan on Twitter had some wack take on Stafford and how he "wasn't a dog" and was "satisfied w/ losing" she was basically tryna say cos Pencil Man came from the CheatingTree he could install "winning attitude" but that Stafford was see above... Patricia was a redhot flaming prick w/ no cred who tryda play tough guy and failed spectacularly...

MS has always been an above avg guy\ on a shit team... is he ELITE? not sure.
    he's defo above avg and SOMETIMES ELITE.

we'll see more later this PO's and in the next 2-3 years

50ShadesOfGreen likes this.
  18. Poeman

Poeman Well-Known Member

I think you mean against the Saints not Eagles

19. cval

cval Well-Known Member

That was bad as well but I was talking about the 2004 NFC Divisional playoffs against the Eagles

2;08 mark

#279 cval, Jan 19, 2022
    Last edited: Jan 19, 2022
    Poeman likes this.
  20. Jonathan_Vilma

Jonathan_Vilma Well-Known Member

Stafford’s issue has always been that when the internal clock goes off in his head in the pocket, his tendency is to just let it rip way down field rather than finding the check down. I’m sure some of this comes from being so successful early in his career on finding Calvin Johnson and Megatron winning against double coverage.

If he can limit that, he’ll be successful. Although while it kills drives, it doesn’t kill the team because a lot of times it’s close to a punt if it results in a turnover. It kills drives when he has the check down open on 3rd and 4 and throws a 50 yard bomb over the receivers head.

I followed Stafford very closely in college and through the draft. He’s such an incredibly smart football mind. He’s also one of those guys who can beat you in ping pong if you practice for a year and he’s never played.

Detroit was on an upward path before they hired Patricia and let him overpay for a bunch of shitty Patriot players whose careers were over if they left New England.

HomeoftheJets and cval like this.