2021 NFL Week 11 - Around The League

Discussion in 'National Football League' started by CotcheryFan, Nov 18, 2021.

1. CotcheryFan

CotcheryFan 2018 ROTY Poster Award Winner

I believe they will do as you say and rebuild the OL, then sign a vet to hold the fort for a few years. Then, get their QB of the future in 2023 or 2024, who will walk into a decent situation. They haven't had a losing season since 2003, so I don't see them being down for long.

If I was them, I would've addressed OL early and often in this year's draft. They waited until the 3rd round and it's showing.

Jonathan_Vilma likes this.
  2. Jonathan_Vilma

Jonathan_Vilma Well-Known Member

They did two very un-Steelers like things in the draft the past couple years in trading a first round pick for Fitzpatrick and trading up for Devin Bush a couple years ago. They then let Feiler & Villanueva go while DeCastro retired because they didn’t have much of a choice with Ben taking such a big salary to come back.

I agree with you - they’ll fix it. I imagine they’ll opt to look for maybe Teddy or even Jameis to be their QB next year. Maybe even a Andy Dalton or Marcus Mariota type. Corral would be a perfect fit in the draft.

3. Losmeister

Losmeister Well-Known Member

for me... the law of averages says different....

and yet, there are the Lions

4. statjeff22

statjeff22 2008 Green Guy "Most Knowledgeable" Award Winner

Former Jet Steve McLendon with the first interception of his 12-year career, as Danny Dimes throws the ball directly into his stomach. Saquon with 4 carries for 5 yards and 1 for 8, for 13 yards total, a not atypical performance for him these days.

abyzmul and ouchy like this.
  5. Losmeister

was saying this a few weeks back...he's like a power hitter who bats .250... with 30 homers and 90 rbis

he's not actually very elusive as far as i have seen...

6. Jonathan_Vilma

Jonathan_Vilma Well-Known Member

Barkley just doesn’t look like he has the confidence OR explosiveness in his lower body anymore to make the cuts that made him a dynamic back in college and year one. The injuries took their toll on him.

Sort of one of those best that never was deals unfortunately because he was a top 3 player in CFB at Penn State.

cval likes this.
  7. Losmeister

Jones 36 games 27 INT and 25 fumbles.... sheesh

8. Losmeister

this'd be a BIGGER blowout w/o Evans butterfingers routine....

9. truthbtold

truthbtold Well-Known Member

Giants just moves ahead of us (Seattle) with that loss!
    We’re at #2 and #6 now … they’re at #5 and #7.

10. statjeff22

I said it weeks ago, and amazingly enough it's still true - it's not clear which is the worse team that plays at MetLife. By this time even the most optimistic of Giants fans has to think that Jones is like Darnold - mediocre-at-best ceiling, and quite bad floor. Barkley seems to have turned out to be exactly why everyone says that you should never take a running back high in the draft - there are always alternatives that will be at least almost as good if they're as advertised, and with injuries even with top-quality runners there's a very good chance you'll end up with very little in the long run.

I don't see how Gettleman keeps his job. The Giants are 18-40 since he took over, and look further away now now than they did when he was hired.

11. Losmeister

the whole thing sucks balls... in one way, I have nothing against NJ...

but these are supposed to be NY teams... fuckin hell

12. dawinner127

dawinner127 Well-Known Member

Been listening to sports radio for the last few hours and it seems that Giants fans are finally over the future HOFer DANNY DIMES (remember the hype after that Tampa game? LOL!)

Think I saw a stat that he has accounted for 11 TDs this season? Could be wrong.

Also Barkley is 100% going to walk. There is no way they can afford to give that guy $14 million/year. The offense looks better when Booker is in the backfield. Did anyone else think Barkley shouldn't have come back yet? Every time he got up from a tackle he looked to favor the ankle and be cautious of it.

13. Acad23

Acad23 Well-Known Member

14. dawinner127

dawinner127 Well-Known Member

Just saw this report pop up on my phone. Judge just passing the blame on this one man.

Garrett did a pretty good job developing Romo & Dak. He can't develop Jones? Maybe the kid just sucks. Maybe Judge and the OL suck.

ouchy likes this.
  15. CotcheryFan

CotcheryFan 2018 ROTY Poster Award Winner

If I was Mara, I'd throw a blank check to Ed Dodds or Joe Hortiz and allow them to decide Judge's fate and build the team their way. It's obvious Gettleman needs to go and I haven't seen anything out of Judge to think he's a good HC in the making.

16. statjeff22

This is clearly Judge passing the buck. At the end of the season Gettleman will be gone, and the new GM will decide if he wants to keep Judge. Personally, I can't see any reason to do so, and then all the coaches are pretty much gone anyway. This way Garrett gets to beat the holiday rush in his firing.

17. Losmeister

I never quite believed in Barkley. V nice kid, nuthn AGAINST him. But I thought I saw that home run hitter with a low batting AVG when he was at Penn State

I dont believe in ANY HYPE about any player, so i was watch n see with Jones... turnover machine
    looks real nice running

dawinner127 likes this.
  18. Losmeister

Judge?

I knew he was FOS when this happened. Fucking clown.