2021 NFL Draft - NYJ 1st round pick

Discussion in 'Draft' started by wewantsapp, Apr 27, 2020.

1. J-Raw24

J-Raw24 Well-Known Member

Edge and maybe CB will be major needs. WR could be up there as well.

2. Mogriffjr

Mogriffjr Well-Known Member

Their profiles are a bit different. Simmons lined up a lot of places and many felt he didn’t exactly fit a position...is he a in box safety? Or OLB? Seems like he will start out as a OLB. But IS will likely be moved all over on the outside of the defense.

With Parsons, he’s surely a LB, it’s just a matter of would you want him in the middle where he’s been at for PSU, a super rangy LB who is a terror in the backfield, great tackler, can drop into zone and cover LB’s and RB’s or do you line him at OLB, to take advantage of his natural pass rushing skills (sorry he came onto campus as a DE). He’s still to me PSU’s best pass rusher despite not playing there as an edge much at all since entering campus.

101GangGreen101 likes this.
  3. 101GangGreen101

101GangGreen101 2018 Thread of the Year Award Winner

Yeah Cards will be having Simmons play just linebacker. I'll have to check some PSU games this year.

Mogriffjr likes this.
  4. CotcheryFan

CotcheryFan 2018 ROTY Poster Award Winner

At this point, it looks like Edge and WR will be our biggest holes. Jenkins is under contract for one year and Zuniga won't be enough to fix our pass rushing woes. For WR, we have Crowder, Mims, Perriman, Doctson, and Smith. Not exactly a group that puts fear into opposing defenses, although Mims could be a #1 in a year or two. The group still needs another playmaker. At CB, there are lots of bodies who will compete for playing time. It's possible that two of the young guys emerge as starters. I'd put CB below Edge and WR as the biggest needs.

NCJetsfan likes this.
  5. J-Raw24

I agree. Depends on how these young player do though. If any of the young wr or cb play outstanding that could push edge to the forefront. I don't have a lot of faith in Zunuga yet. But I also could see both wr and cb needed. If Perriman can build on what he did those last 5 games (get resigned) and Mims can step in and become a wr1 then that spot could be good. Just add some prospects to develop. Same goes for cb, if we can get some to develop (Jackson, Hall, and Austin would be great as they are under rookie deals) then that won't be as bad either. Edge is horrible. Regardless of development though we need to add more receivers next year. Keeping a flow at certain positions like wr, cb, and edge should be important.

6. CotcheryFan

CotcheryFan 2018 ROTY Poster Award Winner

I did a 4 round simulation on TDN for the hell of it and got the following players.
    • 5 Ja'Marr Chase, WR LSU
    • 37 Zamir White, RB Georgia
    • 69 Big Kat Bryant, EDGE Auburn
    • 101Jalen Mayfield, OT Michigan

7. J-Raw24

I can't respect anyone with the Big Kat nickname anymore. To much hidden production. Chase would be nice, or Ross. Hopefully we get to see another year of college from those 2. White could be good, but again I wanna see more tape.

8. boozer32

boozer32 Well-Known Member

No FREAKIN way. Haven't we learned anything in the last 10 years? Even if we dump Mosley that is the least valuable position on the defense. You can get a crackhead off the street to play ILB

9. Mogriffjr

Mogriffjr Well-Known Member

Parsons is such a freak athlete. He profiles as a stud MLB but he came to PSU as a top rated las rusher. And he’s still PSU’s best pass rusher. I’d be intrigued to move him around a bit on defense, and to utilize his pass rushing abilities a bit more. But yeah Parsons can do it all.

boozer32 likes this.
  10. boozer32

I looked at his highlight seems to be all over the place. But he looks a lot smaller than what he was listed. I would not waste a first round pick on him when the Jets can get an rb/wr/te to help move this neglected offense forward. Good player I'm sure the Bowles/Maccagnan era would have jumped on.

11. K'OB

K'OB 2021 TGG Fantasy Football Champ

You mention TE as a need in a lot of posts, do you not think Herndon is going to make it? Griffen was very good last year and we have a blocking TE on top of those with another under study hanging about as it is?

12. boozer32

I do like Herndon but he was banged up and I think suspended. Griffin was a good red zone target for Sam and I hope that would continue. He also was hurt towards the end. Westco is straight blocking no hands right now.

K'OB likes this.