2021 NFL Draft - Day 2 (Rounds 2 and 3)

Discussion in 'Draft' started by Rockinz, Apr 30, 2021.

1. NCJetsfan

NCJetsfan Well-Known Member

Because I've looked at the prospects who are likely to be in the draft next year, and unless there are a lot of one-year wonders, there will only be 1-2 QBs worth a darn.

2. NCJetsfan

Don't forget Cole.

3. ouchy

ouchy Well-Known Member

There are a lot of big schools that didn't even play. There is the same prospects for a lot of QBs in 2022 as there is for other positions.

4. MaximusD163

MaximusD163 Well-Known Member

I’m happy with Tucker and Moore and all but I was all about an big time Edge. Hindsight, but I would have loved to have used that trade up to grab Jaelen Phillips at 14 and then gotten Teven Jenkins at 34.

5. NCJetsfan

DE is not a need, and I knew that JD wasn't going to take one early, if at all.

6. MaximusD163

MaximusD163 Well-Known Member

DE is always a need.

major33 likes this.
  7. major33

major33 Well-Known Member

Of course. Every team is looking for one. A very difficult position to fill with quality. At 14 however, you have to go AVT. Just sigh that we missed out on a future star and hope we can get a dominant DE, LB, and CB next year. Oh my, that's a lot. Definitely not going to be winning the field position game this season unless we get great returns.

8. NCJetsfan

Not this year it isn't, and not when it's the deepest and strongest position on the team.

K'OB likes this.
  9. K'OB

K'OB 2021 TGG Fantasy Football Champ

I was up at 3:30am for work, I went to bed right after that post lol

10. K'OB

None at all lol about 6 cans of coke zero though.
    I am a weird Englishman as I hate tea and coffee :D

#450 K'OB, May 1, 2021
    Last edited: May 1, 2021
  11. Rockinz

Rockinz Well-Known Member

That AVT trade looks so much worse now..

14. AVT

OR

23. Darrisaw - Hasn’t given up a pressure or Sack last year.

34. Elijah Moore - stick with that pick is cool he’s a stud.

66. Jalen Mayfield/Hunter Long/Tommy Tremble

86. Wyatt Davis/Ifeanu Melifonu/Monty Rice

AVT better be a day 1 starter with at least pro bowl consideration.. taking him when now we have to fill CB/RB/TE/LB/RG/DE/K with 4/5/6 round picks. JD has to have the best day 3 draft in Jet history to make up for that pick.

Jonathan_Vilma and Lon Chaney like this.
  12. K'OB

Again, you do know that Darrisaw is a left tackle and we would never have selected him. right?
    The Fields fan club were no fans of his college guard Wyatt Davis who apparently was not as good as he was being made out.

I hope this isn't going to be a recurring them from you for the next 3 years, there is nothing more boring than a poster that just repeats the same shit over and over again.

#452 K'OB, May 1, 2021
    KY Jets Fan likes this.
  13. BroadwayAaron

BroadwayAaron Well-Known Member

It’s still baffling to me that people bashing the GM for a decision he made are turning around and suggesting we should have taken a left tackle at 23

K'OB likes this.
  14. Jonathan_Vilma

Jonathan_Vilma Well-Known Member

Obviously the indication from the poster would be to move him to right tackle.

Rockinz likes this.
  15. BroadwayAaron

Yup, and the interior of the OL is a far far far bigger problem than the right side where Fant held his own and seemingly is a very good scheme fit. So no matter how you slice it, we wouldn’t have addressed the glaring weakness on our OL

K'OB likes this.
  16. K'OB

Round pegs for round holes

17. Jonathan_Vilma

Fant is likely gone at the end of the year and regardless of scheme fit, he was merely OK. You wouldn't want to upgrade that with two bookend tackles on rookie contracts?

This is a deep guard draft. Maybe the trade up for AVT was the best move and the best player to slide in for a need. But I don't think it's "baffling" to question it.

18. BroadwayAaron

I didn’t say questioning the trade up is baffling, I’m saying suggesting it was a huge mistake because we could have taken a three year left tackle, moved him to right tackle and not address our biggest need is baffling.

19. Jonathan_Vilma

It worked out well for Ryan Ramczyk. I'm not always a big fan of assuming the flip would be a proper move and maybe the Jets deemed it wasn't or like Fant more than I do. But Darrisaw seems like a really good candidate for it.

20. BroadwayAaron

I guess for me it’s more of a big picture thing than anything. How in gods name can you deem a trade amazing or terrible when the players haven’t even put pen to paper yet let alone stepped foot on the field? It’s exactly what I said about the Mel Kiper grades in the other thread. You can’t say “well we could have had…“ Because you have no idea how things would have shaken out without the trade that was made and we also have no idea what the board looks like. for every person here saying “we could have had Wyatt Davis“ you’ll find someone that says he won’t be a good pro. How do we know which side Douglas falls on?

Long story short, I’m going to trust the former offensive lineman to draft other offensive linemen especially when that former offensive lineman has two rings in the front office of a team that is historically one of the best drafting teams. Could he have gotten it wrong? Of course. But I think he gets the benefit of the doubt over a random guy on the Internet who wanted to draft a left tackle, move him to right tackle and then rely on a third round prospect to fill a glaring hole at guard.

Edit: yes you can argue that some thing can be labeled amazing or terrible based off value but that still doesn’t really hold much water. If AVT hold down the left side for the next 10 years, no one is going to give a shit what Derrisaw and Davis do. Well I take that back, on this website people will make sure to track their every move so they can be miserable even if there’s no reason to be.

#460 BroadwayAaron, May 1, 2021