2021 NFL Divisional Round

Discussion in 'National Football League' started by Brook!, Jan 21, 2022.

1. dawinner127

dawinner127 Well-Known Member

Not putting him on the seat heat next year if they fail to reach the AFCCG with a top 3 QB is a problem. We can agree to disagree on that. Show me the last QB who has won after taking a big payday. Will Mahomes be the first this year? Possibly. It hasn't happened in what, 20+ years?

The Bills have 22 players contracted through '23 and that's when Allen's cap hit is goes up to $40 million. Let's see the type of roster they can put together with him taking up an absurd amount of cap. I wish the Jets were in your position, give me the top 3 QB and figure the rest out, but at the same time your roster isn't going to be as talented as it is now and next year. The window to have a loaded roster and an incredible QB is closing.

cval likes this.
  2. cval

cval Well-Known Member

The Bills would have killed Cinci just as KC will. Especially since the game would have been in Buffalo. Burrow would have been lucky to finish that game. I do not think he will much better luck in KC but their Pass Rush is not as good as Buffalo,

3. cval

cval Well-Known Member

Had nothing to do with Aspirations. Hell, The Jets have Superbowl aspirations. It was Superbowl or bust for the Bills this season and they busted. We will see what happens from here. I do not know what their FA contracts and what their Salary cap looks like but they missed the best chance they had to reach the Superbowl. They were peaking just at the right time, they were a healthy team and their QB was playing lights out.

One thing is for sure they will lose their OC and they will lose some of their front office folks. This was the worst loss since they lost to the Giants in the Superbowl for this Franchise.

dawinner127 likes this.
  4. dawinner127

You wanna play ifs? How about IF the Chiefs kicker makes his XP or FG? If my grandma had balls she would be my grandpa.

You’re a great poster but lets not play the if game.

Losmeister likes this.
  5. Acad23

Acad23 Well-Known Member

[​IMG]

6. dawinner127

7. cval

cval Well-Known Member

8. cval

cval Well-Known Member

They had a couple of bad play calls, especially on third down. Let's not act Like Chiefs did have any either. The dumbest I recall was putting Kelce under center.

9. Poeman

Poeman Well-Known Member

I would give Cincy just a good chance as Bills if they matched up for the Super Bowl.

Obviously Chiefs are favored but if Burrow has time to throw I can see them winning.

barfolomew likes this.
  10. Jonathan_Vilma

Jonathan_Vilma Well-Known Member

It was even dumber because it wasn’t Kelce. It was their third string tightend. I wanted to throw my remote threw the screen when they took the ball out of Mahomes’s hands on that 3rd and 1.

Dierking and cval like this.
  11. Bills over Jets

Bills over Jets Well-Known Member

The AFC has the best young QB's in the league moving forward, especially once the old ones in the NFC retire (Brady, Rodgers). Moving forward, the AFC has Mahomes, Allen, Herbert, Lamar and Burrow all in the same conference and only 1 of them will get to prevail in any given year. I'm sure it'll rotate. It'll be Mahomes a few years, Burrow, Allen, Herbert, Jackson will all be knocking one another out in the playoffs depending on matchups, injuries, etc. It doesnt mean you go firing coaches every 2 years. Find the coach that is the right fit for what your organization is (McDermott is that), try to construct your team in a smart way each year, and see what you got. There's luck involved, injuries, matchups, blown calls, and great QB's. Just based on the sheer number of elite level QB's in the AFC, its NOT going to be your year more times than it will be. That doesn't mean you go firing quality coaches.

#551 Bills over Jets, Jan 24, 2022
    Last edited: Jan 24, 2022
    HomeoftheJets likes this.
  12. barfolomew

barfolomew Well-Known Member

100% agreed. It's got to hurt him that he got beat by the most liberal city in the US.

13. cval

cval Well-Known Member

You have a lot of faith in Jackson. I think his time has already come and gone.

14. JackBower

JackBower Well-Known Member

The jet fanbase really needs to move on from firing coaches for everything and anything.

15. Losmeister

Losmeister Well-Known Member

says YOU.

of course the WANTED to do that... but they havent even gotten to the AFCCG

fwiw... my view of the Bills D this year is sorta like what we had in 2009-2010 in that there were a few very good players but alotta sortya nobodies playing at their best most of the time...
    not truly DOMINANT. that they failed vs KC isnt THAT big a surprise...
    that they m,anaged a historical 13 second self immolation is.

16. Losmeister

this is perfectly the opposite of
    "their seasion was a failure/bust"

the hyperbole was a bit much b4, but the above pretty much sums it up in a reasonable way.

17. Losmeister

someone owes this man a chicken dinner

18. cval

cval Well-Known Member

Sure if they lost to KC and not scored with 13 seconds left you will feel much better about the game the season. KC was just better today etc etc. They had the game won with a relatively easy title game to get to the Superbowl. I highly doubt this team ever gets past the Mahomes Chiefs as it it is constructed today. They may have one more chance next season before they have to start dismantling this team. Maybe version 2. The stars were aligned for this team, playing great, healthy, Home field. All they had to do is stop KC for 13 sec. :(.

19. Losmeister

fwiw

seems the group discussion about the NFL in general is better than the Jets threads since there is too much bitterness n heartbreak associated with the Jets so that people cant behave/discuss rationally.

20. KingRoach

KingRoach Well-Known Member

I bet the Bills wish they had a generational S covering the middle of the field.