2020 Undrafted FA Thread for Jets

Discussion in 'New York Jets' started by Brook!, Apr 25, 2020.

1. tomdeb

tomdeb Well-Known Member

Same as you! Right after 5th round pick Hall, I was hoping Jackson would be one of our 6th rounders.

Joe D MVP and KY Jets Fan like this.
  2. Jonathan_Vilma

Jonathan_Vilma Well-Known Member

Not a bad take but I also doubt you've asked about sexual orientation, relationships with baby momma's and such that NFL teams do ask these prospects about. I have to believe his medical prognosis hurt him a lot more than that comment.

Also, was the comment supposed to be publicized? I thought it was leaked.

3. tomdeb

tomdeb Well-Known Member

And MacCagnan even announced as such in his introductory press conference in 2015, i.e. he did not believe in using decent draft picks on the OL. Dumb shit! How/why did this man get to be an NFL GM (and for so long) with that philosophy and why announce/advertise that policy to the world at a press conference so the other teams can plan their drafts accordingly? Three OL drafted in 5 years-- two in round 5, and one in late round 3. (??????)

mrjet80, chandler, NCJetsfan and 2 others like this.
  4. K'OB

K'OB 2021 TGG Fantasy Football Champ

He's gone, rest easy and move forward with JD ;)

themorey likes this.
  5. BacktoQueens

BacktoQueens Well-Known Member

Bryce Huff is really interesting, and there is certainly opportunity to win a roster spot at edge.
    Seems like he has a tremendous motor.

Lamar Jackson will have a shot also.
    And we really need slot CB depth considering Poole on a 1 year deal again, so Guidry worth a look.

Will be interesting to see how the salary and guarantees break down.
    That's how you can usually tell who the team is most interested in.

tomdeb and BudJet like this.
  6. LAJet

LAJet Well-Known Member

I’m officially starting the rooting for at least two UFA to make the active roster and may be one more in the practice squad.
    My pure guess right now....Cager, Huff, Jackson. May Cager be as successful as Anderson.

NYJetsO12, NCJetsfan and SOJAZ like this.
  7. ColoradoContrails

ColoradoContrails Well-Known Member

Agree. But I think Cager will be better than Anderson - bigger, more physical, will be a red zone target.

tomdeb and NYJetsO12 like this.
  8. tomdeb

tomdeb Well-Known Member

I did not bring him up--another poster did and I echoed. Forgive me for being happy that he will not ruin draft day for a 6th consecutive year. Life is full of small victories.

9. We should be signing at least 2 kickers.

10. CotcheryFan

CotcheryFan 2018 ROTY Poster Award Winner

What's your take on the WR's we've signed? I know you were disappointed that we only took one in the draft.

11. TwoHeadedMonster

TwoHeadedMonster Well-Known Member

True, I don't ask those questions. Whether or not they were supposed to be publicized is irrelevant, though--my understanding is that this was a response to a question asked at the combine. That's an interview, isn't it?

12. The highights look good.Given it was a deep class you have to figure a trickel down effect w UDFAs being alil better than usual.

If everyone stays healthy,Bell returns to form & Enunwa returns this is a decent skill group. Certainly top 25 which is better than in the 30s. I like that theres a clear emphasis being given to bigger receivers w speed & catching radius. I wouldve liked to have gotten another route runner/YAC type who can play inside & out.

NYJetsO12 likes this.
  13. NCJetsfan

NCJetsfan Well-Known Member

I'd love to see those three as well as Guidry with his 4.29 speed make the team, although I don't know who they'd replace. Maybe Cager over Doctson or Bellamy. Maybe Jackson and Guidry over Hairston and Maulet or Wilson. Huff over one of the other young OLBs.

14. Jonathan_Vilma

Jonathan_Vilma Well-Known Member

The only explanatiom I can provide is that the NFL is very willing to allow murderers into their league. Whether they've killed by negligence (Donte Stallworth) or writing on the wall they were going to do it (Aaron Hernandez), I have to believe if the talent was there NFL teams would look past a kid saying something about his dick.

15. NCJetsfan

NCJetsfan Well-Known Member

I don't think it was just him making a joke about his dick. I agree that his injuries and state of health/physical shape probably played a big part, if not the biggest part of the equation, but I think the interview played a much bigger part this offseason than ever before. Since there were very few Pro Days, and teams couldn't bring payers in for meetings, workouts and physicals, they had less information to go on. The interview would have taken on much greater importance especially with players who were injured last year. Even then, a great interview may not have been enough to help a player like Adams who has had so several surgeries and could have serious physical limitations due to the injuries and surgeries. I think in those situations an interview where they player came across as immature, flippant, and not serious would have taken him off of teams draft charts altogether. It probably would have led teams to believe that the player hadn't worked hard to rehab and taken his physical conditioning seriously. In Adams' case, his tape from last season didn't help him any, either.

16. CotcheryFan

CotcheryFan 2018 ROTY Poster Award Winner

I can see Bell having a bounce back year with a better OL and a year to knock off the rust from missing the 2018 season. OTOH, Enunwa might be better off not playing another down. His injuries aren't minor by any means. Our skill position group has a middle of the pack ceiling this year. My guess is another WR and RB will be drafted next year to continue the skill position transition to younger players who can grow in our offense and be here for the next 5-10 years. There's also a good group of TE's coming out next year. Our TE group shouldn't stop us from getting a potential stud. The Rams and Broncos have good young TE's, but added Hopkins and Okwuegbunam, respectively.

17. LAJet

LAJet Well-Known Member

You bring an interesting take that I was going to explore eventually, or more likely wait until one of the smart guys here at TGG starts a new thread entitled “ Players on last year roster on the bubble and most likely to be released released come September”
    As is the always the case injuries will be a key factor and with the bottom 20% of the roster, the ability to play multiple roles and special teams will be a discriminator.
    This roster one way or the other will be significantly different come game one.

NCJetsfan likes this.
  18. LogeSection2RowJ

LogeSection2RowJ Well-Known Member

I don’t know man, 4.29 should get you drafted if you were good at playing football. I don’t know much about how he played on the field, and I hope he makes it here with that wonderful name. Right now it seems more “combine warrior” but we will see.

19. chandler

chandler Well-Known Member

Does Guidry have return skills?

20. PJ4Ever

PJ4Ever Well-Known Member

They already have two. Ficken and Maher will compete in camp