2020 QB's

Discussion in 'Draft' started by forevercursed, Oct 21, 2019.

1. forevercursed

forevercursed Well-Known Member

So if Douglas decides to move on from Darnold...who should we be looking at?

2. WoodyHarrelson

WoodyHarrelson Well-Known Member

Tua and that's it. No point to do this though since Tua won't have an OL either.

3. Attackett

Attackett Well-Known Member

Joe Mama out of FU looks good

TonyFtLaud and FJF like this.
  4. The Dark Knight

The Dark Knight Well-Known Member

We should be looking at giving up as a franchise and just being removed from the NFL. 31 teams is enough.

NCJetsfan likes this.
  5. GasedAndConfused

GasedAndConfused Well-Known Member

can we fire the fan base for these horrible threads and get a new one?

FJF and mrjet80 like this.
  6. mrjet80

mrjet80 Well-Known Member

LOL...smh

7. mrjet80

Guys.....Darnold is 22 years old. Yes he looked bad last night. It was a nightmare of a game. Remember it's not the Redskins we're talking about. It was NE and the #1 defense. A QB doesn't go from offensive player of the week and near perfection to terrible and doesn't belong in the league in one week! It's obvious there is a talent deficiency on this team. Terrible OL, almost no play makers. The coaching is another story. Hopefully he'll learn from this. Darnold is still the guy.....BUILD HIM A OL!!!

mark82 and FJF like this.
  8. mrjet80

I doubt Tua replicates what he's doing at Bama....when was the last time Alabama produced a legitimate pro QB?

9. HomeoftheJets

HomeoftheJets Well-Known Member

10. joe

joe Well-Known Member

thread logic: . Shea Patterson, Michigan. .

(Tom Brady came from Michigan)

11. TonyFtLaud

TonyFtLaud Well-Known Member

Joe Namath ? :p

Jonathan_Vilma likes this.
  12. TonyFtLaud

TonyFtLaud Well-Known Member

Disturbing.......

13. mrjet80

Exactly. Actually Ken Stabler. Then Richard Todd and it’s been downhill since.

14. Jonathan_Vilma

Jonathan_Vilma Well-Known Member

It's so stupid to even think about this. Sam's our guy for the foreseeable future. You run your high drafted QB through their rookie contract until you even think about replacing them. And that's just how it goes unless they're so terrible like Matt Leinart and can't even get on the field. And even in cases like that I never understood why Arizona didn't at least keep running him out there another year.

Regardless. My thoughts on the QBs below.

Tua will struggle a lot early on in the NFL especially considering the bad team he'll be on. Tons of arm talent but the receivers he has and offensive line he's behind means there's not any adversity and be makes basic throws. I think he's a huge wild card honestly and I wouldn't be thrilled taking him #1 if I was any team.

Justin Herbert will suck. Oregon QB's just do. And the Washington win was the first game he actually impressed me. Even still, he doesn't come off his first read and stares receivers down. He also has a ton of athleticism that he doesn't use.

Jacob Eason might end up being the best QB of the draft. He just has to learn to stop trying to throw the ball through a brick wall. I do think that NFL receivers will be able to handle his rocket passes a little bit better than his college guys do though. He also operates a more pro style offense than most. He'll be what Jake Locker should've been.

Jake Fromm. Hard pass. This is AJ McCarron all over again. He doesn't have a big enough arm to throw outside either and lollipops a lot of balls. Good NFL backup.

KJ Costello. I see Andy Dalton here. Smart QB. He'll make the right play and if paired with the right coach and system he will be a quality starter.

Joe Burrow. I'm not sure why he doesn't get more love with the season he's having. He will be a steal if he's a second rounder or deeper. Arm strength concerns are there a big in that he tends to float the ball but I think he could also be a quality NFL starter. He could also suffer if he's on a god awful team and thrown into action early as he could suffer the Tua affect of great college supporting cast to terrible NFL team.