2020 NFL Week 1 - Around The League

Discussion in 'National Football League' started by Brook!, Sep 10, 2020.

1. LAJet

LAJet Well-Known Member

I think O’Brien is toast after this year.

Royal Tee likes this.
  2. WarriorRB28

WarriorRB28 Well-Known Member

Houston's defense couldn't stop a nosebleed tonight yet Collinsworth says they deserve credit for hanging in there tonight.

Hahaha oh man the dumb things he said tonight AND he wasn't wearing a facemask to boot!

3. mute

mute Well-Known Member

what a snooze-fest.

4. DefenseWinsChampionships

Placed a 3 team parlay tonight was super pumped up for Thursday Football and just had myself a great opening night.

$300 on a 3 pick for $1,848 in return ($1,548 profit).

1.) L.A Lakers -5.5 = won and covered.

2.) K.C Chiefs -9.0 = won and covered.

3.) Miami Hurricanes -16.5 = won by 17 and covered by .5, 0.5, 1/2 ala HALF A POINT! 31-14!

Feels so good to be on the winning side of a coin flip especially since i thought my ticket was dead with Miami only up 3 points towards the very end of the 3rd Q following another UAB TD and then magic happened (as an FSU fan) with my Florida kids surging during the end of the 3rd and into the 4th Q.

In regards to this K.C vs. Texans game... I thought throughout the entire offseason that removing DeAndre Hopkins from Houston's offense while taking away (a younger) Watson's favorite #1 target had disaster written all over it for Houston's offensive ability moving forward. Down 7-0 I was thinking that I made a bad pick but by the end of the game it became obvious that Houston made an awful, awful trade. You do take away elite weapons such as a Hopkins from an up and coming Franchise QB in Watson, no; you add (O'Brien subtracted).

Great opening night of NFL Football and onto Jets vs Bills come Sunday baby! And no. I will not bet on our Jets I learned that a long time ago lol GN TGG!!!

#44 DefenseWinsChampionships, Sep 10, 2020
    Last edited: Sep 10, 2020
    Brook! and FinnishJET like this.
  5. DefenseWinsChampionships

Not for me it wasn't me my daughter and wifey were celebrating like a SB game

6. FinnishJET

FinnishJET 2023 TGG Double FF Champion

Congrats on the winnings, great start for the season for you. Just need to keep it up.

7. JetsAreBadForYourHealth

JetsAreBadForYourHealth Well-Known Member

Tuned in just in time to see two dumbfucks with their fists in the air and a fentanly addled con on their shirt...that was about as much as I could stomach before clicking it off. This is absolutely revolting

8. DefenseWinsChampionships

Yesssah however I'm not a $300 type of gambler I just usually do it for fun on Saturdays and Sundays to make it more interesting with $20 on a 6-8 pick or at the very most $100 on a 4 pick but today I just had a weird feeling that these 3 teams would all win and cover.

1.) Hard to bet against Mahomes and the defending SB Champs up against a Houston offense lacking a game changer outside of Watson. K.C -9 was a no brainier for me.

2.) LeBron James and Anthony Davis up 2-1 with all the pressure on Houston who lacks defense, lacks size and chucks 50 3s per night and Russell Westbrook I always tell myself can brick a team out of a win. Lakers -5.5 was never in question (until the very end). That's when it became stressful. From up 20+ to only up 5 on a -5.5 spread with under a minute left and I thought for sure LAL wasn't going to cover and then BANG LeBron James with a beautiful assist for a wide open 3 in the corner (can't remember who drained it but that made it an 8 point lead with 40 seconds left and that's when I knew that was one game down).

3.) Miami Hurricanes finally having a QB who can run a spread offense (got Houston's QB who's a stud as a transfer) up against a UAB team who was just over matched heading in (have never beaten an ACC team throughout their program history). I thought Miami would win by 28+ in a route so at the time the -16.5 didn't scare me away but wow was I almost all wrong that Miami/UAB game had me frustrated the entire game. Went down 0-7 because of a muffed punt. Oh shit. Here we go.. Then finally went up 17-7 and then towards the end of the 3rd Q with like 6 minutes left UAB scored another TD making it 17-14 and when I looked @ the clock I told myself my ticket was dead. Needing 2 TDs unanswered etc and then bang Miami puts together a quick 2 minute TD drive making it 24-14 and up 10 again (but yet still needing another TD just to cover by 0.5) heading into the 4th and then it finally happened with the last play of the 3rd Q; another Canes TD (31-14) and the 4th quarter was just as stressful as the score remained the same (I was certain Miami would allow a fluke TD to ruin the night). Their QB (D.King) is exciting the ACC with Clemson, Miami, N.C, Louisville and my FSU is going to be a fun conference again. And Notre Dame too!

Can't wait for Saturday and Sunday. Going to lower the stakes and put $50 on 4 picks both days. Sundays games look really difficult for me early on nothing is standing out like tonight's games and in closing I'll never bet on baseball it's such a hard sport to hit 3-6 picks on I will never bet baseball. I personally feel baseball is the hardest sport to gamble on.

9. ConcordeChops

ConcordeChops 2018 International Poster Award Winner

Houston still way too soft. They can’t seem to break out of the perennial one-and-done wild card contender list (with the Colts). I can always imagine their entire season before they have taken a snap.

FJF likes this.
  10. Falco21

Falco21 Well-Known Member

He's back.

Fuck

HomeoftheJets, dawinner127 and FJF like this.
  11. The Waterboy

The Waterboy Well-Known Member

Only the few that haven't previously witnessed the dumbfuckery will believe him but he'll keep on with the bullshit

dawinner127 likes this.
  12. Dierking

Dierking Well-Known Member

I'ma get paid.

13. DefenseWinsChampionships

Don't believe me? Tell me how to upload a picture from my cell phone and I'll send the picture right now

14. Royal Tee

Royal Tee Girls juss wanna have fun

Take it to pm. This isn't a betting thread. Stay on topic for the rest of the season. Congrats on the bag.

LAJet likes this.
  15. statjeff22

statjeff22 2008 Green Guy "Most Knowledgeable" Award Winner

Browns try a fake punt in their own territory and the punter fumbles it. Ravens do nothing on the series, but Tucker kicks the FG. 10-0 Ravens.

16. Greenday4537

Greenday4537 Well-Known Member

WR sold the shit out of that.

17. statjeff22

Bizarre play in Bears-Lions game - Lions' Collins demonstrates what he claims a Bear did to him by head butting an official in the chest. Result is personal foul and ejection. Moron.

18. FJF

FJF 2018 MVP Joe Namath Award Winner

Packers 5 Vikings 7 bottom of the 5th

19. statjeff22

Have to wonder how long the bears will stay with Trubisky - he's 8/20 for 110 yards, and shows no signs of being any better than he's ever been.

20. statjeff22

The ridiculous fumble out of the end zone rule strikes again, and Pats lose the ball on the 1 foot line.