2020 NFL Draft - Rounds 2&3 Discussions

Discussion in 'Draft' started by Brook!, Apr 24, 2020.

1. TwoHeadedMonster

TwoHeadedMonster Well-Known Member

I don't think he's necessarily "Boom or Bust". I think he is a sure-fire edge setter and run stuffer, but he may or may not be an effective pass rusher at the NFL level. He isn't a big risk, but he also may not be what the Jets need him to be. If he can get to the QB, he's a steal in the 2nd. If he can't, he should be a high 4th rounder.

I agree about Okwara, he would be a great value in the 3rd for the Jets as well.

2. BroadwayAaron

BroadwayAaron Well-Known Member

Brutal tweet here. If Mims goes this early then we’re going to miss out on the round 2 WR run and taking a CB would be awful in general let alone trading up for one.

3. NYJFOREVER

NYJFOREVER Well-Known Member

I'd move up to get Pittman or Higgins.

Worst case, we can double dip at OL and take Robert Hunt or Matt Hennessy (Kick McGovern to guard). Not my ideal scenario, but it does help Sam.

4. BroadwayAaron

Id absolutely move up to get Pittman. I wouldn’t move up to get any other position.

5. James Hasty

James Hasty Well-Known Member

Higgins, pass rusher, corner, the value is there if we move up a bit.

6. PennyandtheJets

PennyandtheJets Well-Known Member

I mentioned that in another thread. Our 4th rounder could get us near the top of the 2nd round.

James Hasty likes this.
  7. PennyandtheJets

PennyandtheJets Well-Known Member

Bell should do just fine behind Becton and the Oline. Much more pressing positions to address than RB.

8. IDFjet

IDFjet Well-Known Member

Since you loved the Devin Smith pick in round 2 so much, I have to think Shenault will turn into all-pro. I got a long memory ;)

IIMeanDeanII likes this.
  9. GasedAndConfused

GasedAndConfused Well-Known Member

let him go he's gonna get overdrafted. you can find better WRs in the 3rd. we should go CB or edge in the 2nd. still a few good ones there

10. BroadwayAaron

I don’t think any of those projected third round WRs will be anything special. Pittman has the size, route running and hands to be a legitimate 1. He’s also a perfect fit for the offense considering the roster we have now. We have the deep threat. We have the slot guy. We have the seam TE. We have no possession receiver. Pittman is that one day 1 with the ability to be more.

11. LAJet

LAJet Well-Known Member

Happy first day. I give JD major kudos with the first pick. It took some balls to pass up on the safer OL but he apparently did his homework and stuck to his guns, going down every details for Becton, defining specific team and personal goals from the get go. The upside on this guy is amazing.
    Now, WR in the second round is a give me IMO. Third round I see as a mix bag depending on best available in a position of need. We could go either WR or IOL or edge or even CB with the other. I can even see a RB if a top guy drops to the third. We have enough beef now up front to run the ball down people’s throats/ mix it with the pass and actually gain major yards.
    I recognize the red flags with Shenault but if he is there with the later third I’ll double up on WR. He got a clean bill of health and he is an early round one awesome talent if healthy. I’ll leave it up to the experts to do their homework on him. He is the type of receiver Gase loves. Best in tight spaces and deadly with yac.
    I know JD has done his homework in depth so I can’t wait to see where we go next. Some of us will be unhappy with something no matter the position and selection, but that is what makes this fun. In the end the only opinion that needs to be correct is JDs, he is the guy on the hook. Meantime, offense is now getting a much needed infusion of talent.
    Later rounds will be fun to watch this weekend.

12. Joe D MVP

Joe D MVP Active Member

Unless the plan is to cut Joe Ds man crush Winters, I don’t see us going interior O-Line till 4th round at the earliest. Hopefully not till 5th or 6th.

13. IIMeanDeanII

IIMeanDeanII Well-Known Member

I did love Devin Smith. I don't shy from my statements. So, you calling that out isn't anything I'm ashamed of.

He didn't work out. I've been wrong before.

I've been right more than not though.

Just because I missed on one WR, doesn't mean I'm wrong on everything.

Go ahead and lock that in your memory bank and file it under "Stop Being Over Dramatic".

Thanks. ✌;)

stinkyB likes this.
  14. Brook!

Brook! Soft Admin...2018 Friendliest Member Award Winner

I laughed at IDF's post actually. It was funny. Apparently you didn't take it that way. Just wanted to let you know that you are still one of my favorite draft gurus. :)

15. IDFjet

IDFjet Well-Known Member

Ya--that's how it was meant!

IIMeanDeanII and Brook! like this.
  16. ConcordeChops

ConcordeChops 2018 International Poster Award Winner

Time for another late night.

1 C/G and 2 WR please (CB in the 4th round). No to Shernault, yes to Higgins/Mims/Cushenberry. Josh Jones is a poor fit but will be gone before we pick.

Brook! likes this.
  17. Brook!

Brook! Soft Admin...2018 Friendliest Member Award Winner

Asshole Jstokes is hoping for Pittman or Claypool in Rd 2 and Antonio Gibson in Round 3.

18. stinkyB

stinkyB 2009 Best Avatar Award Winner

I just want a WR with solid hands, and a CB with solid technique......... enjoy the evening guys

ltr

19. mattyd99

mattyd99 Well-Known Member

Give me Pittman, another WR and I don't care. OL, CB, or edge is fine with me after that.

20. sozopol

sozopol Well-Known Member

What an asshole!

I'd love either of those guys in round 2, especially Pittman. Don't think he'll be there at 15 though.